Friday, July 12, 2013

Sun dial




You know, I must be dreaming while asleep real memories of that experience. That would make a lot of sense.

I woke this morning from a sleeping dream that I just cannot let go of.

The air was filled with smoke and that was so out of place in the dream and I can only guess I was seeing smoke in the air. I don't think it could have been anything else.

I forget now how that sleeping dream started but as with some sleeping dreams lately, the dream was not so much what I call vivid, but the the level of detail was tremendous.

I was seeing an ocean as I was flying above it and as I was looking backwards, as though I was "Dr. Otto Hasslein's" painter as I regressed and regressed and that is consistent in the dream: I was going backwards and I seemed to be looking at something on my computer and I was regressing the view. The image was full of motion though and was not a static image. I could see the beautiful ocean and the tremendous motion of it and then I was looking at some kind of construction on land, as though some kind of castle and fortifications and then the regression aspect ended and I seemed to be standing there on the concrete and I was thinking to myself about how to build a hand-held sundial and I didn't get very far with the design plans in my mind and then I was in a room and I opened a door.

The surroundings outside seemed sort of familiar I have been thinking since waking up, almost as though I was seeing the surroundings where I live now. The door was unfamiliar to my surroundings but it sort of reminds me of that house I used to own in South Carolina. I liked that kind of door because it has a large glass inset. In corporate buildings I have worked in the doors on the outside of the building can be all glass but this door had a wooden frame surrounding glass and it was mostly glass and the visualization reminds me of the door that leads out to the deck on the back of the house.

So in the dream I am thinking over how to construct a hand-held sundial and then I am thinking of ordering a pizza and I am thinking of driving my Plymouth Laser, that I must have been in possession of during the sleeping dream, the nearby pizza store for a pizza but that was when I opened that door and I didn't go outside but I leaned part ways out the door and observed the weather and decided I couldn't drive my car over there to get a pizza.

The snow falling from the sky was tremendously heavy and I could hear people somewhere out of sight.

I just cannot understand why I was seeing smoke in the air when there was so much snow falling. I have never seen that before that I recall. And the voices. I woke up thinking they were rejoicing somehow but I don't know. Screams, maybe? Screaming people?

After thinking about all this for a few minutes I started thinking of plausible reasons for seeing smoke in the dream. Wood-fireplaces is the reason I thought I could be seeing that. I just have never lived that long in someplace with real winters and so that seems unreal to me.

I write about this stuff because I am wondering if it means something about the future, as though maybe I am figuring out something that helps me get out of here.










http://articles.latimes.com/1989-07-20/news/mn-5139_1_crash-landing


Los Angeles Times


Jet Carrying 293 Crashes, Burns in Iowa; 166 Survive

July 20, 1989 J. MICHAEL KENNEDY and BOB BAKER Times Staff Writers


SIOUX CITY, Iowa — A crippled United Airlines DC-10 crashed a half-mile short of a runway while trying to make an emergency landing Wednesday afternoon, bursting into a cartwheeling fireball that broke into what one eyewitness described as "15,000 pieces" and killing at least 123 of the 293 passengers and crew members on board.

Remarkably, as many as 166 persons survived the violent crash, according to Richard Vohs, a spokesman for Iowa Gov. Terry E. Branstad. The fate of four others was not immediately known.


Tail Engine Explodes

The plane's tail engine exploded before the crash but it was not immediately clear how the explosion contributed to what a Federal Aviation Administration spokesman called "complete hydraulic failure," an occurrence regarded as extremely rare in the wide-bodied DC-10, which has three independent hydraulic systems that operate all the plane's control surfaces on its wings and tail, and landing gear and brakes.

As rescuers worked underneath floodlights to remove bodies from the crash site, original estimates of the death toll--one as high as 190, which would have made the crash the second worst in U.S. history--were reduced.

"We don't have a firm count" of the dead, Vohs acknowledged at a press conference seven hours after the crash. "But right now, the number (of survivors) confirmed is 166."

The survivors of Wednesday's United Flight 232 from Denver to Philadelphia via Chicago included several dozen passengers who managed to walk out of a dark, smoke-filled, upside-down section of the jet after it broke off and came to rest in a tall cornfield off the runway.

"I walked out (through the back of the plane) and found myself in the cornfield," passenger David Landsberger told Cable News Network. "We were all walking around in shock. I just walked through it like it was a dream. I was a little dazed."

"It's the goddamndest thing I ever saw in my life," said Charles Mertz of Castle Rock, Colo., another of those who walked away.

Suitcases, paper, mail, clothes, chunks of burning metal and bodies were strewn over the inactive runway at Sioux Gateway Airport, where the plane crashed after desperately circling for a half-hour.

One hundred ambulances, fire trucks and helicopters from as far away as South Dakota plucked out the victims. The search for bodies was difficult because some of them were scattered in the cornfield. Many of the survivors were listed in critical condition with burns or broken bones.



- posted by H.V.O.M - Kerry Wayne Burgess 6:30 AM Pacific Time Seattle USA Friday 12 July 2013