Sunday, June 17, 2007

1629 - 1596 = 33

JOURNAL ARCHIVE: Re: Journal June 19, 2006

Aha.....I'll bet that I grew up with my father. The life I remember as my father, Joseph, probably represents my life. They encoded the life of Kerry Burgess with elements of my oldest son. I am also wondering today if I am related to Richard Gere. I have been thinking there is some resemblance there.

Last night, early this morning, don't know when it was, can't sleep, I started thinking about that last stock split that Microsoft announced while I was still there. I found it very surprising they did that. I am also thinking again about how the low end of the stock option buyback program was set one dollar above my initial grant, meaning I couldn't unload those original options. Then I realized something interesting. That stock split turned my original grant, which was 2000 options at that point, into 4000 options. I started thinking today about the interesting similarity, in terms of numbers, to the Osiraq strike. I still don't remember being part of that, but from what I read, the F-16 strike group had a pair of 2000 pound bombs for a total of 4000 pounds that were dropped on the construction site. I don't think that is a coincidence.

Or maybe I lived with my grandfather Reagan, I'm not sure.


Watching Lethal Weapon 2 last night and I am convinced that it is some kind of time capsule about my life that was authorized by me and/or my family. I don't know if my wife was killed by terrorists but I think Rigg's response to them killing his girlfriend also represents something I did. Maybe for the Stark. And I am also thinking about how he connected a cable and pulled down the house. The cable, or line, seems important.


I am also wondering if I actually flew with someone named Cole. There is the guy named Randy Cole in my memory. There is also the A-6 navigator in Flight Of The Intruder. It's probably not a coincidence that Danny Glover was in that movie too, a connection to his role in LW2. I think that movie is also a time capsule of something I did in the Middle East. It is also the reason Rhonda Halffman was saying to me in that Bellevue conference room, just before the earthquake hit, that she should take me downtown with her and I quipped without thinking something about me being a "badass."


It's because of my family's traditions of military service and of working in Hollywood. Some of us have different roles to continue these traditions. This is part of mine.



I noted earlier how the movies "An Officer And A Gentleman," "Fast Times At Ridgemont High," and "Pink Floyd The Wall," all premiered on 8/13/1982 and how I do not think that is a coincidence and is relevant to me. My thoughts suggest I a varying degree of input, if not complete input, on the scripts for those movies. I have been thinking that "An Officer And A Gentleman" was the most accurate portrayal of my relationship with Phoebe while I was in the U.S. Naval Academy, but I made it less glamorous in the movie, probably because my real life would have looked elitist. The "Paula" character was also a depiction of Phoebe, but I also made the character less glamorous. And Phoebe was never out looking for a boyfriend because our marriage has been recognized by the Church of England since she turned 16, as part of our arranged marriage. The movie doesn't support the notion that "Paula" had been out with "Lynnette" before they are shown going to the Navy base, anyway. It is only "Lynnette" that describes how she had chased after U.S. Navy officer candidates in the past. The scenes that represent the character of "Paula" actually all support that she is not like "Lynnette." Assuming I did create these characters, I had "Paula" represent something about love at first sight. I was watching the movie, for the first time in the past 9 years, on DVD the other day and I saw two scenes where I think I inserted my real identity in the context of 1982. One was the scene where "Paula" was on the date with the flight instructor and I think that was supposed to reflect my reality at the time. I would have probably still been a Midshipman when that movie was in production, but if I have this all figured out correctly, then I had been flying fighter jets for 15 years, by that point even though I was only 23 years old. I also cast Debra Winger because her age difference with Phoebe points to that date I first flew a fighter jet. My thoughts suggest I was flying with the Blue Angels while I was a U.S. Naval Academy Midshipman, so I would definitely qualify as a flight instructor. The other scene was where "Seeger," the female officer candidate who had trouble with the wall on the obstacle course, was dancing with that Lieutenant j.g. and I was probably a Lt. j.g. when that movie premiered or I would soon be a Lt. j.g..

In "Fast Times At Ridgemont High," assuming I created the character Phoebe portrays, I wanted her to represent aspects of our relationship, but with the roles reversed. We are only 4 years, 4 months, apart in age, but I had a great deal more life experience by that point in 1982. I was thinking more about that as I was reading through the first part of the script for "Fast Times" and I noted that Phoebe's character worked at an ice cream store in a mall and she wore a uniform with red stripes on it. There is a scene in "An Officer And A Gentleman" where the guy in the bar refers to "Zacks" Navy uniform as an "ice cream suit." That guy in the bar is jealous because "Zack" and the other "rich college boys" are fu--ing their best women. The uniform Phoebe wears at that ice cream store not only reminds me of that reference to the U.S. Navy uniform, but the red stripes reminds me of the red stripes on the astronaut space suits, such as I wrote about recently. The script that I reference below even has Phoebe's character make reference to Richard Gere, who starred in "An Officer And A Gentleman," which premiered the same day as "Fast Times At Ridgemont High." I have also noted that I think "Fast Times" was filmed at Van Nuys High School because I flew fighter jets during the Vietnam War and I wanted to make that connection with the initials "V.N." I can't remember if Phoebe is the one referred to as "Waitress #1" in the script below that I found on the internet. This also reminds me of that girlfriend I had in my artificial and symbolic memory named Rachel Barnett. I "remember" Rachel was distinctly similar in appearance back when we were dating, while I lived at Wexford in Taylors, as are the photos I see on the internet of Phoebe at that same time. Since Phoebe's career was as an actress, it makes perfect sense that I would symbolically connect elements of my career to her career.

I don't know why Bruce Springsteen is listed in parentheses, but I note that his nickname is The Boss.

The date 8/13/1982 creates a "1-333" clue pointing to when Apollo 11 landed on the Earth's moon. The actor in "Fast Times" who portrayed a character fantasizing about Phoebe also creates a clue connecting Phoebe and me to the Apollo 11 landing.

http://www.imsdb.com/scripts/Fast-Times-at-Ridgemont-High.html

INT. RIDGEMONT CENTER MALL

There are three levels of stores underneath a
massive fluorescent roof. Different music comes
from each store. It looks seventies-modern, but
already used and run-down. Groups of kids cruise
the mall, eyeing each other and acting cool.

INT. SWENSON'S ICE-CREAM PARLOR - NIGHT

The teenage waitresses in their peppermint pattie
uniforms are rushing around, trying to keep up with
their orders.

A good-looking man in his mid-twenties enters and
sits. He wears a plastic name tag that says:
"Pacific Stereo Audio Consultant, RON JOHNSON."

Two Swenson's Waitresses pass by with supreme
indifference, and take their orders into the back
kitchen.

INT. SWENSON'S BACK KITCHEN

WAITRESS #1
I think he looks like Richard Gere.
The two Waitresses discuss the issue at hand. One
of them, Linda Barrett, is the seventeen year old,
retired sex queen of Ridgemont High.

WAITRESS #1 (CONT'D)
I think he looks like... Richard
Gere. (Bruce Springsteen)



http://www.answers.com/topic/u-s-navy-slang

U.S. Navy slang

The following are some examples of slang of the United States Navy, sometimes also referred to as "NAVSpeak":

Good Humor Man: Reference to the Summer White uniform. This is an all-white short sleeve cotton uniform that makes the wearer look suspiciously like the ice cream man.



This movie premiered at a time when Phoebe was 3 days, 4 weeks, 33 years, old.

34-33

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0116277/

The Fan (1996)

Release Date: 16 August 1996 (USA)

Plot Outline: An all star baseball player becomes the unhealthy focus of a down on his luck salesman.



I remember Jon Langdon, a coworker, called me up to see if I wanted to join them to see the premiere of this movie. I remember I told him something about how I would go see it if I had a girlfriend, but otherwise I didn't have much interest in seeing it and I didn't go with them. I puzzled over why he thought that was funny. It was probably humorous at the time of our conversation, but I puzzled over his response for more reasons than I can explain. I've never seen this movie and I saw it in the television listings today and followed a hunch. The movie premiered 3 years, 3 months, 4 weeks, after 3/15/1998, which is the day I recognize as the last day with my wife before I started this deployment to prosecute the insurgents in control of King County, Washington, such as Dave Reichert, along with his treasonous accomplices.

3-3-4

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0250494/

Legally Blonde (2001)

Release Date: 13 July 2001 (USA)
Plot Outline: When a blonde sorority queen is dumped by her boyfriend, she decides to follow him to law school to get him back and, once there, learns she has more legal savvy than she ever imagined.



From 4/14/1981 to 11/18/1994 is: 13 years, 218 days
218 / 365 = 0.59

From 4/14/1981 to 11/18/1994 is: 13.59 years

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0111280/

Star Trek: Generations (1994)

Release Date: 18 November 1994 (USA)


http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/STS-1

The first Space Shuttle mission, STS-1, was launched April 12, 1981, and returned April 14. Space Shuttle Columbia orbited the earth 36 times in this 54.5-hour mission. It was the first US manned space flight since the Apollo-Soyuz Test Project in July 15, 1975.



http://www.imsdb.com/scripts/Star-Trek-Generations.html

Script - "Star Trek: Generations"


Picard finds himself standing outside a rustic, but
Architecturally striking house with spectacular views
in the Canadian Rockies. A hawk is circling overhead,
making the crying sound that Picard heard. The air is
cold, frigid -- Picard can see his breath. Picard is
just starting to adjust to this sudden change in
location when he hears the sound of wood being CHOPPED
from around the corner of the house. Picard moves to
look around the corner and sees -

James T. Kirk. He's still in his uniform and looks
exactly as he did the last time we saw him aboard the
Enterprise-B at the beginning of the film. He is
vigorously chopping wood with an axe. He's enjoying
himself, lost in the sheer pleasure of the manual
labor. He's never felt this good in his life. There's
no trace of back pain or any other ailment. Picard
recognizes the famous Captain - as would any 24
Century Starfleet officer.

PICARD
James Kirk.

Kirk pauses, looks up at the strange man before him.
His expression is wondrous, almost child-like. Like in
Picard's Christmas sequence, Kirk is immersed in the
sensual feeling of the Nexus. It's like a dream that's
over-powered him.

KIRK
Beautiful day, isn't it?

PICARD
Yes... yes, it is.



http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/One_Of_My_Turns

"One of My Turns" is a song by the British progressive rock band Pink Floyd. It was released on The Wall album in 1979, and appeared as a b-side on the single of "Another Brick in the Wall (Part 2)".



http://www.lyricsondemand.com/p/pinkfloydlyrics/oneofmyturnslyrics.html

Pink Floyd Lyrics

One Of My Turns Lyrics

Day after day, love turns grey
Like the skin of a dying man
Night after night, we pretend it's all right
But I have grown older and
You have grown colder and
Nothing is very much fun any more.

And I can feel one of my turns coming on.
I feel cold as razor blade
Tight as a tourniquet
Dry as a funeral drum,
Run to the bedroom, in the suitcase on the left
You'll find my favourite axe
Don't look so frightened
This is just a passing phase
Just one of my bad days
Would you like to watch T. V.?
Or get between the sheets?
Or contemplate the silent freeway?
Would you like something to eat?
Would you like to learn to fly?
Would you like to see me try?
Would you like to call the cops?
Do you think it's time I stopped?
Why are you running away?