Saturday, June 16, 2007

7E

JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 10/12/2006 3:35 PM

As I recall, Phoebe Bailey wrote in a letter to me to “never forget that dance where we met because I never will.” That is quite humorous, really more humorous than I can articulate, if it represents me landing on Saturn’s moon, Phoebe. I have these moments where I want to scream because there is something locked in my mind that I can’t articulate. I was thinking something similar about the ‘darkness’ surrounding my spacecraft as I was billion miles away. There is truly a “great lakes” of emotion stored in my mind associated with so much that is forgotten. I feel this great humor in my mind about that comment from Phoebe, I feel that if I remember, I will laugh and laugh and laugh, for days on end probably.


Phoebe was 13 years, 4.33 months old on 11/26/1976. That is the date I recognize as landing on the Jupiter moon Callisto, which was my last stop before returning to Earth on 4/14/1977.

34-33

I recognize the date 7/2/1976 as when I arrived at the comet and set to work to divert it. My theory is that "The Wall" represents the isolation I felt of being in space by myself for over 17 months. I need to research this to get precise figures, but when I was in deep space, especially past Saturn, the round-trip communication delay with Earth was probably a matter of hours. That meant I had to wait more than one hour, and possibly as long a three hours, to get a response back from Earth. I have also been thinking that in the months after I intercepted the comet, I didn't talk to anyone until just before I returned to Earth on 4/14/1977.


From 7/2/1976 to 12/8/1979 is: 159 days, 3 years

1-593

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_wall

Released
November 28, 1979 (UK)
December 8, 1979 (U.S.)

The Wall is an album by the English rock band Pink Floyd, released in 1979. Hailed by critics and fans as one of Pink Floyd's best albums, the album is widely regarded as a rock classic, and its morbid anthems have inspired many contemporary rock musicians. The album is included in the book 1001 Albums You Must Hear Before You Die.[1]



http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/In_the_Flesh%3F

"In the Flesh?" is a song by the British progressive rock band Pink Floyd. It was released on The Wall album in 1979.



http://www.lyricsondemand.com/p/pinkfloydlyrics/inthefleshlyrics.html

Pink Floyd Lyrics

In The Flesh? Lyrics

...We came in?

So ya
Thought ya
Might like to go to the show
To feel the warm thrill of confusion and
That space cadet glow
Tell me is something eluding you sunshine?
Is this not what you expected to see?
If you wanna find out what's behind these cold eyes?
You'll just have to claw your way through the
Disguise

LIGHTS!
ROLL THE SOUND EFFECTS!
ACTION!!!

[fade to baby crying]