Thursday, June 21, 2007

Federal indictments are guaranteed.

Princeton University

From 3/4/1959 to 2/11/1989 is: 1 week, 359 months

1-359

http://www.navysite.de/cg/cg59.html

USS Princeton (CG 59)

Commissioned: February 11, 1989



Russell - Oxford University

The precise mid-point of 3/3/1959 and the commissioning of the USS Russell DDG-59 is 4/10/1977. I recognize the date 4/14/1977 as when I returned to Earth after successfully diverting the comet in the outer solar system. From what I have read so far, those Arleigh Burke-class destroyers are always commissioned on Saturdays, which creates a constraint on the symbolism, because to create a precise mid-point date, the commissioning date would not have been on a Saturday. I believe this ship's commissioning date was a scheduled, with my permission, to point to 4/14/1977.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USS_Russell_%28DDG_59%29

Commissioned: 20 May 1995

USS Russell (DDG-59) is an Arleigh Burke-class destroyer in the United States Navy. She is the second ship of the USN to carry the name Russell.


http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russell_Group

Formation 1994
Type Association of UK universities
Location United Kingdom


http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/University_of_Oxford
The University of Oxford (usually abbreviated as Oxon. for post-nominals), located in the city of Oxford, England, is the oldest university in the English-speaking world.[3]

The University of Oxford is a member of the Russell Group of research-led British universities



This ship was commissioned on a Saturday as are all of those Oliver Hazard Perry-class frigates I have examined. That commissioning date is as close as it could get to a day when I was 335.9 months old. It is only off by 2 days.

http://www.navysite.de/ffg/FFG59.HTM

USS Kauffman (FFG 59)

Commissioned: February 28, 1987

About the Ship's Coat of Arms:

The Shield:

The coat of arms honors the aggregate naval service of Vice Admiral James L Kauffman and his son, Rear Admiral Draper L Kauffman. Both father and son were awarded the Navy Cross, symbolised by the two crosses on the white and blue portions of the shield. Dark blue and gold are the colors traditionally associated with the Navy and denote the sea and excellence. The heraldic dolphin, resting below a wavy line, is symbolic of vigilance and maritime power, and also alludes to affiliation of both men with sub-surface naval missions, such as the elder Kauffman's formulation of World War II anti-submarine strategies and his son's establishment of the Navy's first Underwater Demolition Team.

The Crest:

The trident, symbolic of sea power, alludes to Vice Admiral Kauffman's World War I career when he spent more time in command, and more time at sea, than any other officer of his time, and for which he received a second Legion of Merit. The bomb represents the achievements of Rear Admiral Kauffman as a bomb disposal expert and organizer of World War II Bomb Disposal School for both the Navy and the Army. The lightning bolts reflect the insignia worn by naval personnel in their professional ordinance specialties associated with the areas Rear Admiral Kauffman was instrumental in establishing. The blue stars on the laurel wreath refer to each man's rank, three stars for Vice Admiral Kauffman and two stars for Rear Admiral Kauffman. The scroll holds the French for "Always in the Lead."



This ship was commissioned on a date that was 15 years, 9 months, 3 weeks, 4 days, after 4/14/1981. The date 4/14/1981 is when the space shuttle landed after its first launch into Earth's orbit and I believe I save the shuttle from crashing that day by repairing the landing gear at the last moment.

1-59-34

http://www.navysite.de/ships/mhc59.htm

USS Falcon (MHC 59)

USS FALCON was the 9th ship in the OSPREY - class of coastal mine hunters.

Commissioned: February 8, 1997
Decommissioned: June 30, 2006




JOURNAL ARCHIVE:

10/15/2006 11:39 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colonization_of_the_outer_solar_system

Callisto
NASA performed a study called HOPE (Revolutionary Concepts for Human Outer Planet Exploration) regarding the future exploration of the solar system. [6] The target chosen was Callisto. It could be possible to build a surface base that would produce fuel for further exploration of the solar system. Since it is outside of Jupiter's radiation belt and also geologically very stable, it could prove to be a suitable place for a base. This base would also be a centre for exploration of the Jupiter system, for example remote exploration of Europa. It would also be the ideal location for a Jovian system way station that could service spacecraft headed farther into the outer Solar System, using a gravity assist from a close fly-by of Jupiter after departing Callisto.


10/15/2006 1:07 PM
As I was looking at that map again of the road between Williston and Rosston, in Nevada County, Arkansas, it struck me that the intersection is of highways 19 and 76. I wrote about both of those numbers before and I got the ‘76’ but it just now struck me about the combination produces a ‘1976,’ which is they year I must have walked on the surface of Phoebe with Saturn looming in the sky.

10/15/2006 3:43 PM
Lake Wylie as in “Wile E. Coyote”? That would be a humorous connection to my Orion spacecraft.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wile_E._Coyote_and_Road_Runner

10/15/2006 3:54 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wile_E._Coyote_and_Road_Runner

In the 1998 film Armageddon, upon hearing they need to slingshot behind the moon to build up speed before landing on the Earthbound asteroid, Rockhound comments he saw that maneuver before in Coyote and Roadrunner. He exclaimed that "it didn't work out so well for the coyote." Immediately after which Truman, the NASA chief administrator, dubs it the "Roadrunner Thrust Maneuver".


10/15/2006 10:34 PM
I’m starting to have doubts about whether my landing on Mars coincided with the Viking 1 lander. Assuming I have the dates correct for leaving Earth on 11/2/75 and returning to Earth on 4/14/77, I would think that my Mars excursion would be closer to either of those dates and not in the middle of the total journey time. It seems that in July 1976, I would be somewhere around Saturn, if not in orbit of Saturn.

In fact, July 21, 1976, is almost precisely in the middle of the dates 11/2/75 and 4/14/77. Maybe July 21, 1976, is the date I walked on Phoebe of Saturn. And I assume that I stopped at Mars on the way out to Saturn. On July 21, 1976, I was at Saturn, but for the select few who knew about me going to Mars but not about Saturn, the ground controllers played back the video to make them think I was on Mars.

10/16/2006 3:10 PM
Microsoft’s Privacy Guidelines: “Your privacy is important to us. We want as much of it as we can get.”


10/18/2006 5:16 PM
There is a town in Washington state named Allyn. I didn’t know about it until a few minutes ago until I saw a KOMO4 news clip about someone shooting at cars and they showed a highway with Allyn and Shelton on it. I wasn’t paying attention to the story and I wondered if the shooting occurred in front of the sign. I looked up Allyn on the map and I immediately recognized the area. I have never driven through there but I remember studying that area a few years ago because I was thinking a lot about buying a kayak and paddling all the way around the Puget Sound. That area would have been a portage spot. I have thought about that place many times for a long time. I can remember thinking about it even after I became homeless because that was the first place I wanted to take a road trip to. I wondered for a long time about the practically of carrying a kayak through that area. I suspect, now at this time, that I have known about Allyn all along and I started looking at that area on the map not really knowing why I was looking at it and from that the idea formed of kayaking around the sound.

10/18/2006 5:24 PM
It’s even on Highway 3. I suspect that it has something to do with why my middle name is Allyn. Maybe I was actually born there. The road that runs through Antlers, OK, is also Highway 3.

10/18/2006 5:27 PM
Damn damn damn. That is just too damned weird. I must have spent hours studying that area on the map. And Allyn is right there in the middle of where I was planning to carry my kayak over into Hood Canal.

10/18/2006 5:30 PM
I am quite certain I saved some MapPoint files with a route mapped out through there.

10/18/2006 5:32 PM
Damn. What if that is where my forgotten home is located?

10/18/2006 5:33 PM
I would start walking there this very minute if I knew where it was.


10/19/2006 2:09 PM
I think this was the one we were looking at. I wonder if this is an important “memory” or a converted “memory”?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comet_Hale-Bopp

Comet Hale-Bopp (formally designated C/1995 O1) was probably the most widely observed comet of the 20th century, and one of the brightest seen for many decades. It was visible to the naked eye for a record 18 months, twice as long as the previous record holder, the Great Comet of 1811.


10/19/2006 2:36 PM
Damn. What about this? I suddenly “remembered” something a guy I was working with at Ketterman’s/ISA-ISS said to me once from X-Ray’s from a computer monitor. Rick Watson. That was his name. I forget the other guy’s name that was there, the guy with the eye problem.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comet_Hyakutake

Comet Hyakutake formally designated C/1996 B2) is a comet that was discovered in January 1996, and passed very close to the Earth in March of that year. It was dubbed The Great Comet of 1996, and was one of the closest cometary approaches to the Earth in the previous 200 years

Scientific observations of the comet led to several notable discoveries. Most surprising to cometary scientists was the discovery of X-ray emission from the comet, the first time a comet had been found to be emitting X-rays.

10/19/2006 2:42 PM
Damn. This suggests to me that I blew the original comet into two pieces and that is what he was seeing. That is consistent with “Deep Impact,” assuming that movie is based on my mission in 1976.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comet_Hyakutake

The comet he found was actually the second Comet Hyakutake, the first being comet C/1995 Y1, which Hyakutake had discovered just a few weeks earlier. While he was re-observing his first comet (which never became visible to the naked eye), Hyakutake happened to look at the patch of sky where he discovered it. To his great surprise there was another comet there, in almost exactly the same position his first had been.

10/19/2006 2:45 PM
I don’t understand why it would have taken 20 years to travel from the outer solar system to the inner solar system though. I can think of a lot of reasons, but I just don’t know. One possible reason is that the explosion put it at a dead stop and it took a long time to gather momentum again. Another is that is was deflected to orbit once or twice around Jupiter or Saturn before returning to orbit the Sun. But that doesn’t make much sense. It seems we would have tried to find a better solution than that especially considering that it still made a close pass to the Earth. Or maybe…..that’s it. I read about the orbital characteristics that were calculated in 1996. It hasn’t always been a long-period comet and did not become a long-period comet unless I hit it in 1976, if that is indeed what happened.

10/19/2006 3:11 PM

According to that article, Comet Hyakutake passed less than 10 million miles from Earth in March 1996.

10/19/2006 3:16 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comet_Hyakutake

One of the great surprises of Hyakutake's passage through the inner solar system was the discovery that it was emitting X-rays, with observations made using the ROSAT satellite revealing very strong X-ray emission.[6] This was the first time a comet had been seen to do so, but astronomers soon found that almost every comet they looked at was emitting X-rays. The emission from Hyakutake was brightest in a crescent shape surrounding the nucleus with the ends of the crescent pointing away from the Sun.

The cause of the X-ray emission is thought to be a combination of several mechanisms. Reflection of solar X-rays is seen in other solar system objects such as the Moon, but is not likely to be able to explain the whole flux from Hyakutake, as the diffuse coma would be an inefficient X-ray reflector.

10/19/2006 3:18 PM
I am guessing that it was so active because it was the first time all that surface area had been exposed to the Sun as a result of it being hit in 1976 and blown into large chunks of the original comet.

2 kilometers is 1.24 miles and who knows how large it was to begin with. 15 kilometers is 9.32 miles and 40 kilometers is almost 25 miles.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comet_Hyakutake

Radar results from the Arecibo Observatory indicated that the nucleus of the comet was about 2 km across, and surrounded by a flurry of pebble-sized particles ejected from the comet at a few metres per second. This measurement of the nucleus size corresponded well with indirect estimates using infrared emission and radio observations.[7][8]

The small size of the nucleus (Halley's Comet is about 15 km across, while Comet Hale-Bopp was about 40 km across) implies that Hyakutake must have been very active to become as bright as it did. Most comets undergo outgassing from a small proportion of their surface, but most or all of Hyakutake's surface seemed to have been active.

10/21/2006 1:10 PM
I had a detailed dream about Phoebe Bailey as the person she probably is today. I have also been thinking lately that I only remember a photo of her that was taken back when she was in high school. I never actually met her, the person, back then and my “memory” of her is only from a photo I was shown as I was having my memory replaced. I don’t know how they changed my memory, but it could have been as simple as they show in the movies, such as in “Conspiracy Theory” and the recent “Manchurian Candidate.” I awake with deep feelings of affection for that Phoebe Bailey of today and I wonder if we were close in reality or whether she is an actress that I have never actually met.


10/21/2006 10:15 PM
This film version of “The Bourne Identity” is uncanny.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Bourne_Identity_%28film%29
Release date(s) June 14, 2002

In addition to updating the politics and technology, the movie deviates heavily from the plot of the novel, chiefly by dropping the plot surrounding Carlos and leaving out the final plot twist.

Bourne says that he does not know. Over the following weeks at sea Bourne slowly begins to realize that he has many skills. He learns that he is fluent in French and German. He is able to tie knots well and soon realizes that he has a formidable physicality, though he has no idea how he learnt any of it. He is picked up by an Italian fishing ship and nursed back to health; however, Bourne has no idea who he is and knows nothing of his past. When the Italians arrive at their destination, the one who had been treating Bourne gives him enough money to travel to Switzerland, where Bourne will hopefully discover who he is.

I am also thinking that Comet Hyakutake was the one I hit. The 1996 viewing was its second orbit after I hit it in 1976. It passed the Sun and Earth in late 1976 but no one noticed it or it was never reported.


10/23/2006 7:38 PM
Could this be the son of Tina Mason that I was showing how to throw a baseball that time? We were also looking at Hale-Bopp that time outside her apartment in 1997. And why a 41-gun salute after his birth in 1977? I wrote the other day that the B41 might have been the weapon I used on that comet in 1976. If the Queen is my grandmother, that would make him, what, my cousin? I am having trouble thinking that through.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_Mark_Andrew_Phillips

Peter Phillips was born on 15 November 1977 at St Mary's Hospital, Paddington in West London.

His father is Mark Phillips, a former Captain in the Queen's Dragoon Guards. His mother is The Princess Anne, Princess Royal, the only daughter of Queen Elizabeth II and Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh.

A 41-gun salute was fired at the Tower of London to welcome the baby, who in 1977 was fifth in line to the throne.

10/23/2006 9:32 PM
I wonder what this is all about?

http://www.cnn.com/books/news/9909/28/reagan.utley/

Morris writes of a Christmas Eve 1988 conversation he said he had with the Bushes a month before Bush became president.

"I really love that guy, he's such a terrific fellow," Bush -- Reagan's vice president -- is quoted as saying. Morris then quotes Bush as commenting about Reagan and his wife, Nancy: "I kinda wished they'd shown -- 'y'know, a little appreciation. Didn't seem to want us upstairs in the White House."


10/24/2006 2:35 PM
http://www.physics.ncsu.edu/pira/4therm/4C30.html

making liquid oxygen

Liquid oxygen will drip from the outer surface of a thin copper cone filled with liquid nitrogen.
This may explain that “memory” of the time Randy Cole and I made that still to produce “moonshine.”


10/24/2006 3:14 PM
Maybe it was something in here:

http://www.ucc.ie/academic/chem/dolchem/html/elem/elem008.html

Preparation of oxygen using hydrogen peroxide

The decomposition of hydrogen peroxide using manganese dioxide as a catalyst also results in the production of oxygen gas.

2 H2O2 ==> 2 H2O + O2

Preparation of oxygen by electrolysis of water

The electrolysis of acidified water is carried out in a Hofmann Voltameter. Oxygen is evolved at the positive electrode in the electrolysis.

2 H2O ==> 2 H2 + O2

A solution of barium hydroxide with nickel electrodes may also be used. However, on prolonged electrolysis an explosive mixture of oxygen and hydrogen may be evolved at the positive electrode.

Preparation of oxygen by the chemical decomposition of waterOxygen is obtained from water by passing a mixture of steam and chlorine through a strongly heated silica tube containing pieces of broken porcelain.

2 H2O + 2 Cl2 ==> 4 HCl + O2

The hydrogen chloride is removed by a wash-bottle containing sodium hydroxide solution and the Oxygen collected over water.


11/13/2006 10:26 AM
Maybe this also reflects the events in 1976 when I found a source of oxygen on a moon in the outer solar system that enabled me to make it back home.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/You_Can%27t_Go_Home_Again_%28Battlestar_Galactica%29

Original airdate
UK: November 15, 2004
US: February 4, 2005

You Can't Go Home Again

Lt. Starbuck crash-lands her Viper on a hostile planet

Starbuck finds herself on a barren world racked by violent winds.

Starbuck finds an oxygen supply

01/20/07 2:12 AM
And when I was writing about Jack London's "To Build A Fire" a while back, does that represent my survival on Callisto? Do I have "memories" of reading that story when I was young because those "memories" are a metaphor for when I figured how to survive on Callisto at Jupiter where the character in London's story did not know how to survive?

01/20/07 2:18 AM
JOURNAL ARCHIVE: homeless veteran of microsoft
Saturday, September 03, 2005
...
Chechaquo
This is an excerpt from To Build A Fire that made an impression with me early on and has felt especially relevant for the past few years:

But all this--the mysterious, far-reaching hairline trail, the absence of sun from the sky, the tremendous cold, and the strangeness and weirdness of it all--made no impression on the man. It was not because he was long used to it. He was a new-comer in the land, a chechaquo, and this was his first winter. The trouble with him was that he was without imagination. He was quick and alert in the things of life, but only in the things, and not in the significances. Fifty degrees below zero meant eighty odd degrees of frost. Such fact impressed him as being cold and uncomfortable, and that was all. It did not lead him to meditate upon his frailty as a creature of temperature, and upon man's frailty in general, able only to live within certain narrow limits of heat and cold; and from there on it did not lead him to the conjectural field of immortality and man's place in the universe. Fifty degrees below zero stood for a bite of frost that hurt and that must be guarded against by the use of mittens, ear-flaps, warm moccasins, and thick socks. Fifty degrees below zero was to him just precisely fifty degrees below zero. That there should be anything more to it than that was a thought that never entered his head.

01/20/07 2:35 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/To_Build_a_Fire

"To Build a Fire" is a short story by American author Jack London. The famous version of this story was published in 1908.

02/08/07 4:36 PM
According to the information in that article, her birthday is the mid-point between my visit to Callisto and that other actors 1984 birthday.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dania_Ramirez

Dania Ramirez (Born November 30, 1980)[1] [2] is a film and television actress from the Dominican Republic.
...
Dania Ramirez as Callisto in X-Men: The Last Stand
...
She shares the same birthday as her fellow X-Men: The Last Stand co-star Omahyra, who is also of Dominican heritage. They were both born in Santo Domingo, however Dania is four years older. (Omahyra was born in 1984)


02/09/07 2:36 AM
I find myself kind of hoping that my children, of those who knew anything at all about my space flight from 1975 to 1977, thought only that I had been to Mars and that was the sole purpose of the trip. Going to Mars was quite the accomplishment in itself. But I hope they are finding out that it was much more and they are my children. There's more in my mind about it than I can articulate on this feeling. It has been a general feeling lately that I feel happy for them.

02/09/07 2:33 PM
I had another dream about being in the water, but this one doesn't seem as important as that one the other day about the carrier. In this one this morning, it was something about a ship dropping its anchor and leaving it. But I want to say that the anchor was discarded until they realized they needed it. I can't remember a lot of details from that dream. I do remember that I was swimming in the water above where the anchor was dropped. I can still kind of visualize the ship and I'm not really sure if it was a U.S. Navy ship. I also want to say all of this occurred in a port somewhere in China. I also want to say they were using something that looked like the Liberty Bell as the anchor. In the dream, I dived below the surface and I did some kind of back-flip to begin the dive and I was pleased with myself for that maneuver, but as I have written other times, there was some kind of delay. It was similar to what I wrote about my pickup going backwards and I was spinning the wheels trying to regain forward momentum but it keep going backwards. I think what this represents is that over-turn I read about and there would be a time, probably seems like forever if you're not used to it, when the aircraft was still flying backwards. I have a lot of thoughts and some possible relevant "memories" on this topic. So that's all I remember about the dream. I think I eventually reached the bottom and I can still kind of visualize that Liberty Bell-shaped anchor.

At one point when I was getting up, I was either dreaming, or half-dreaming, visualizations of being on Callisto at Jupiter. I was seeing myself in the shuttle pod and I was monitoring a device that determined where my Project Orion space ship was at in orbit so that I could intercept the ship with minimal expenditure of propellant. In other thoughts around that time, I was seeing myself landing that Project Orion on the surface of Callisto because there was something on the surface, oxygen I guess, that I needed to transfer into the ship. Some other thoughts are that the Project Orion had some kind of landing gear similar to "Voyager" in "Star Trek." But I'm not sure if the gear on my space craft was retractable; rather the gear was fixed in place. I was also thinking that I had thrusters on the space craft that allowed such landings and the nuclear pulse propulsion wasn't used for such maneuvers.

02/17/07 1:16 PM
I think I might have noted this earlier, but it becomes more important as time goes on, in terms of how it registers in my mind.


http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/1997/12/971211074040.htm
...
Date: December 11, 1997
...
Oxygen Discovered At Callisto's Surface, Sulfur Dioxide Sources At Io

Science Daily — New data from a University of Colorado at Boulder instrument on board the Galileo spacecraft now at Jupiter indicates one of its four large moons, Callisto, has oxygen on its surface and another, Io, continues to emit hot volcanic gases.

Charles Barth, a senior researcher at the Laboratory for Atmospheric and Space Physics and a member of the CU science team that designed and built the ultraviolet spectrometer flying on Galileo, said hydrogen atoms escaping from Callisto implies the Mercury-sized moon has oxygen locked up in its ice and rocks. In 1996 the CU Galileo team detected evidence of oxygen on the surface of Callisto's neighboring moon, Ganymede.

On Ganymede, the UV spectrometer data from Galileo indicated hydrogen atoms were being knocked off the icy surface by charged particles emanating from Jupiter's plasma torus, a massive, doughnut-shaped ring surrounding the planet, said Barth. Because hydrogen atoms are lighter than oxygen atoms, the hydrogen floated out of the atmosphere and into space, leaving the oxygen behind.

But on Callisto, the furthest of the four large moons from Jupiter, it appears that sunlight striking its rock-hard ice is the primary mechanism for separating the hydrogen and oxygen atoms, he said.

Callisto, roughly 3,000 miles in diameter, is the most heavily cratered moon in the solar system. Callisto is the third largest moon in the solar system behind Ganymede and Titan, the dominant moon of Saturn.

"Because it is further away from Jupiter, Callisto does not interact as strongly as Ganymede with the charged particles in the planet's atmosphere," said Barth. "Instead, we believe it is the ultraviolet solar radiation that is knocking the hydrogen atoms out of the ice on Callisto."