Sunday, June 17, 2007

space shuttle flights STS-68, STS-72

JOURNAL ARCHIVE: sunshine Wed, 3/1/06 8:19 PM

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=sunshine

sunshine

Radiant cheerfulness

"The sunshine disappeared for a moment, but I think it was from a cloud that had dropped her off beside me. The side of her face sang that song as her flowing hair danced fearlessly across the old barbed-wire squeezing my heart. Again I asked the grumpy pavement to give me an arrow, a directional, anything, that shows me the way home."

...
I did see a beautiful young woman when I went outside that I wanted to give flowers to, but I couldn't, so that is a crime. She is probably sitting at home somewhere, wondering why no one sent her any flowers today. Somewhere else a group of flowers sit huddled together for the rest of their lives, maybe not even leaving their shelf, or maybe they went to another home, breathing in the smile of someone they weren't destined to care about as much.




JOURNAL ARCHIVE: Sleep journal 4/1/06

I wish I had written down these dreams shortly after I awoke. I don't remember as much detail now. But I think that illustrates how I am sensing the difference between these foreign or manipulated dreams and what would be normal dreams. I think the foreign dreams stay with me longer. I remember more of their detail. I can visualize the details in those dreams longer than I can the dreams I think of as normal. I still don't know if they are reading information to me or if they are simply reciting words that I construct into something that makes sense to me. When I had a recent dream with my so-called imaginary girlfriend the other day, I can still almost hear her voice. I don't know if that means she was literally talking while I was asleep, or that I just have heard her talking enough to be able to assign her voice to any suggestion that the dream manipulator attributes to her.

This morning I dreamed I was traveling down a four-lane road towards Shelton. I was on a bicycle but I was effortlessly traveling at 75 mph. I thought to myself that I should be wearing a helmet. Then I was on a dirt road. There was a turn I needed to make to go up to the mountains I wanted to go to, but I was traveling at 58 mph and wouldn't be able to make the turn so I kept going until I slowed down enough to turn. As I was just writing that, I remembered that time, 12/23/01, when I hit that patch of ice and separated my shoulder. In this dream today, there was still some ice and a little snow around, but it all seemed to be thawing, as in a spring thaw. The road was muddy. I vaguely remember some people or a person being around there but I can't remember any details.

In another dream, the day before, last night maybe when I took a nap, I was walking up some stairs. I seemed to be coming up from a subway tunnel. I was wearing a very realistic Batman costume. But I didn't have the cowl covering my head. The costume was heavy or I just felt tired. I walked past someone I knew. I said something to her that reminded me of something I said to someone in that restaurant in 1999 when someone asked me what I did in my personal time. There was someother stuff that happened in the dream. At one point, I responded to a question that had something to do with "vice president" by replying "Sure it is. I was vice president of the National Honor Society." I am not sure what that was supposed to mean. There was also something about "putting our heads together."



Following a hunch about space shuttle flight STS-72 and Thomas R. Norris from 4/10/1972, I can find what seems to be clues associating me with with those events. The calculation is within 46 days or even 43 days if you count it from 4/13/1972. The date range on the Medal of Honor citation for U.S. Navy Lt. Thomas R. Norris is 4/10/1972 to 4/13/1972. There might be other clues with this flight, but this is all I have re-discovered with STS-72. I examined this flight a while back and I noted there was a Fire Controlman Chief Petty Officer Scott on the USS Wainwright CG-28 when I was assigned to that ship in my artificial and symbolic memory.

From 3/3/1959 to 1/11/1996 is: 13463 days
13463 * 0.359 = 4833
From 3/3/1959 to 4/10/1972 is: 4787 days

4833 - 4787 = 46

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/STS-72

STS-72 is a Space Shuttle program mission.

Launch: January 11, 1996
Landing: January 20, 1996

Duration: 8 days, 22 hours, 01 minutes, 47 seconds



The pilot of STS-72, which was his first space shuttle flight, was 28 days from being 13.59 years old on 4/10/1972. That date 4/10/1972 is on the Medal of Honor citation I found on the internet for U.S. Navy Lt. Thomas R. Norris when he rescued a downed pilot during the Vietnam War.

If the STS-72 pilot had been 13 years, 216 days, old on 4/10/1972, then he would have been 13.59 years old. He was actually 13.515 years old which is still pretty damn close when you consider this is the pilot of the space shuttle and the difference is only 28 days.

From 10/5/1958 to 4/10/1972 is: 13 years, 188 days

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brent_W._Jett

Brent Ward Jett, Jr. (Captain, USN) is a NASA astronaut.

Born October 5, 1958

Missions STS-72, STS-81, STS-97, STS-115



This astrounaut is 5 years, 9 weeks, older than I am.

From 12/30/1953 to 3/3/1959 is: 5 years, 9 weeks

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daniel_T._Barry

Daniel Thomas Barry is a retired NASA Astronaut and was a contestant on the CBS reality television program Survivor: Panama-Exile Island.

Born December 30, 1953

Missions STS-72, STS-96, STS-105



The reason I think this might be a clue is the theory that I earned my second Medal of Honor in 1972. I assume that Thomas R. Norris earned his for getting me out of extremely hostile territory after I completed my extremely hazardous mission, during which I was shot down by enemy fire. The notion follows that I earned my first Medal of Honor in 1968 under similar circumstances, so I connect those two events with the space shuttle flight STS-68.

This calculation hinges on the 9/30/1994 launch of the space shuttle, so I would be happy with just getting close with these numbers. The date 6/19/1968 is recorded as when U.S. Navy Lt. Clyde Lassen earned the Medal of Honor for extracting downed pilots from extremely hostile territory during the Vietnam War. He is the namesake for USS Lassen DDG-82 and I have found several strong clues that associate me with that ship and with the space shuttle flight STS-82.

The dates I found on the internet for U.S. Navy Lt. Thomas R. Norris on his Medal of Honor citation are 4/10/1972 to 4/13/1972.

For this calculation, I examine the time period between when Lt. Lassen earned his first Medal of Honor and when space shuttle flight STS-68 launched. I divide the result in 2 and apply it to my birthdate and that result points to within 9 days of the dates on Lt. Thomas Norris's Medal of Honor. I believe this is a valid clue because it is supposed to represent that all of these events connect to me.

From 6/19/1968 to 9/30/1994 is: 9599 days
9599 / 2 = 4799

From 3/3/1959 to 4/22/1972 is: 4799 days

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/STS-68

STS-68 is a Space Shuttle program mission.

Launch: September 30, 1994
Landing: October 11, 1994



According to information on the internet, the pilot of space shuttle flight STS-68 is 3410 days older than me. I was 3396 days old on 6/19/1968, which is the date on U.S. Navy Lt. Lassen's Medal of Honor citation. It is a difference of 14 days, which is pretty damn good considering this is based on the pilot of the space shuttle.

From 10/31/1949 to 3/3/1959 is: 3410 days
From 3/3/1959 to 6/19/1968 is: 3396 days

3410 - 3396 = 14 days

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terrence_W._Wilcutt

Terrence Wade Wilcutt (born 31 October 1949) is an American astronaut and a veteran of four space shuttle missions.

Raised in Louisville, Kentucky, Wilcutt earned a degree in mathematics from Western Kentucky University and taught high school math for two years before entering the United States Marine Corps. He trained as a pilot and flew the F/A-18 before being assigned to the Naval Aircraft Test Center, where he worked on classified aircraft programs.

Wilcutt was selected as an astronaut candidate in 1990; he piloted missions STS-68 (1994) and STS-79 (1996). Wilcutt commanded mission STS-89 (1998) to the Mir space station and STS-106 (2000) to the International Space Station.




http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clyde_Lassen

Clyde Everett Lassen (1942-1994), a native of Fort Myers, Florida, was a United States Navy aviator who was awarded the Medal of Honor for his rescue of two downed aviators while piloting a search and rescue helicopter in Vietnam.

The Mission


On June 19, 1968, Lassen, then a 27 year old Lieutenant (LT) flying a UH-2 Seasprite, embarked on a mission to recover two downed naval aviators whose plane had been shot down deep in North Vietnamese territory. Upon reaching the hilly terrain where the aviators were hiding. LT Lassen made several attempts to recover the aviators, but dense tree cover, enemy weapons fire and intermittent illumination frustrated his efforts. LT Lassen turned on the landing lights of the helicopter, despite the danger of revealing his position to the enemy. After the pilots made their way to the helicopter and with his bullet-riddled helicopter dangerously low on fuel, LT Lassen evaded further antiaircraft fire before landing safely at sea onboard a guided missile destroyer with only five minutes of fuel left in the helicopter's fuel lines. The account of the rescue was logged as a successful, routine search and rescue mission.

LT Lassen became the first naval aviator and fifth Navy man to be awarded the Medal of Honor for bravery in Vietnam. In 2001, a Naval Destroyer was commissioned and named after him: USS Lassen (DDG 82).



http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thomas_R._Norris

Thomas R. Norris, USN (Retired) (born 14 January 1944) is a retired a U.S. Navy SEAL awarded the Medal of Honor for his ground rescue of two downed pilots in Quang Tri Province, Vietnam on April 10-April 13, 1972. At the time of the action, Lieutenant Norris was a SEAL Advisor with the Strategic Technical Directorate Assistance Team.

Norris was one of three SEALS to be awarded the Medal of Honor for actions during the Vietnam War.

Medal of Honor citation

Lieutenant Thomas R. Norris
United States Naval Reserve

For conspicuous gallantry and intrepidity in action at the risk of his life above and beyond the call of duty while serving as a SEAL Advisor with the Strategic Technical Directorate Assistance Team, Headquarters, U.S. Military Assistance Command, Vietnam. During the period 10 to 13 April 1972, Lieutenant Norris completed an unprecedented ground rescue of two downed pilots deep within heavily controlled enemy territory in Quang Tri Province. Lieutenant Norris, on the night of 10 April, led a five-man patrol through 2,000 meters of heavily controlled enemy territory, located one of the downed pilots at daybreak, and returned to the Forward Operating Base (FOB). On 11 April, after a devastating mortar and rocket attack on the small FOB, Lieutenant Norris led a three man team on two unsuccessful rescue attempts for the second pilot. On the afternoon of the 12th, a Forward Air Controller located the pilot and notified Lieutenant Norris. Dressed in fishermen disguises and using a sampan, Lieutenant Norris and one Vietnamese traveled throughout that night and found the injured pilot at dawn. Covering the pilot with bamboo and vegetation, they began the return journey, successfully evading a North Vietnamese patrol. Approaching the FOB, they came under heavy machine gun fire. Lieutenant Norris called in an air strike which provided suppression fire and a smoke screen, allowing the rescue party to reach the FOB. By his outstanding display of decisive leadership, undaunted courage, and selfless dedication in the face of extreme danger, Lieutenant Norris enhanced the finest traditions of the United States Naval Service.