Saturday, June 30, 2007

3-13-86

It could be that I managed to find a telephone somewhere in Africa in the months after I escaped the Libyans on 4/14/1986. I managed to get a call in to the Navy and tell them where I was. I might have even called Phoebe and told her I was somewhere....lost somewhere. Maybe I told her I was in Mexico. She got me through to the Navy but my call was intercepted by the enemy and they blocked my rescue somehow. They either had me captured again or they drove me away from the rescue area and then I was out of touch again for a long time. The funeral service on 11/25/1986 was a diversion. I'm not sure what Phoebe knew, but she was probably following the script that was created because the enemy surely watching her too. I think she was convinced all along that I was still alive but she didn't know for certain. This is all probably why I "remember" that letter from Phoebe Bailey in 1987 that she was going to marry someone from Mexico. I have a few artificial and symbolic memories of Thedia going on vacation a lot to Mexico. Phoebe and I could have also taken some vacations in Mexico. Damnit. Why do I have to be so selfish about her. And now I've been tricked into revealing how much I care about her so it doesn't matter if I let her go. They could still target her to get at me and they would know that would hurt me regardless of whether we were together.

From 10/20/1918 to 12/15/1978 is: 3138 weeks, 5 days

A pointer to 3-13-86?

From 4/14/1986 to 8/14/1986 is: 122 days
365 * 0.3359 = 122

http://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/ws/index.php?pid=37753

Nomination of Charles J. Pilliod, Jr., To Be United States Ambassador to Mexico

August 14th, 1986

The President today announced his intention to nominate Charles J. Pilliod, Jr., of Ohio, as Ambassador to Mexico. He would succeed John A. Gavin.

Mr. Pilliod was born October 20, 1918