Saturday, June 23, 2007

Coleman Newman

The person I "remember" as my mother from my artificial and symbolic memory, Thedia Newman Draper, was 343 months, 4 days, old on 4/14/1977. I recognize the date 4/14/1977 as when I returned to Earth after successfully diverting the comet. I wondered why this didn't work out to a perfect 34-33 but then I understood that I wanted to create multiple clues. My age when Apollo 11 walked on the Earth's moon was her age at my birth minus 33 days. I have also noted that September 10th is the historical peak of the hurricane season in the Atlantic Ocean.

From 3/3/1959 to 7/21/1969 is: 3793 days

From 9/10/1948 to 3/3/1959 is: 3826 days

3826 - 3793 = 33



The person I “remember” as Thedia Newman’s father was born 59 years, 8 months, 2 weeks, before the first launch of the space shuttle on 4/12/1981. I guess that is a clue designed to reflect that I was on that flight and that I was attending the U.S. Naval Academy with the Class of 1982, at the time.

59-82

http://www.rootsweb.com/~txdonley/co82.html

Coleman Newman
1921 - 1982
Coleman Newman died in May 1982.
Born July 29, 1921, Newman was 60 years old and lived in Clarendon, TX.


http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clarendon%2C_Virginia

Clarendon is a neighborhood in Arlington County, Virginia, USA, located between the Rosslyn area and the Ballston area. The main thoroughfares are Wilson Boulevard (one-way westbound) and Clarendon Boulevard (one-way eastbound).


http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Pentagon
The Pentagon is the headquarters of the United States Department of Defense, located in Arlington, Virginia. As a symbol of the U.S. military, "the Pentagon" is often used metonymically to refer to the Department of Defense rather than the building itself.



Phoebe's father is named Joseph, according to information on the internet, just like my father and grandfather from my artificial and symbolic memory. According to information on the internet, her father died in 1998 which was probably during the time my memories were being suppressed and I wonder if that is why I was called to Oklahoma for Thedia’s mother’s funeral in May 1999. This also makes me feel a deep sense of sadness just to write about.

Thedia’s mother was Betty, or Bettie, Davis Newman. Thedia’s father was Coleman Newman and then Bettie’s second husband, Homer Burgess, was my paternal father’s uncle. I “remember” Lesa Jewell asking me about that one time because she was confused why my maternal grandmother had the same last name as my paternal grandfather. It was because my paternal great-uncle was also my step-grandfather. I don't think that has anything to do with my real family though. I think it has something to do with President Reagan's Vice-President.
My first idea is that this staged funeral was scheduled for 5/13/1999 because that was the 12 anniversary of my return from Africa on 5/13/1987.

"Antlers American"

Newspaper----OBITUARIES-MENTIONS OF DEATH,

Antlers American
P. O. Box 578
Antlers, Oklahoma 74523
Phone: (580) 298-3314
Fax: (580) 298-3316

BURGESS, Bettie Newman --- May 13, 1999



I have a lot of artificial and symbolic memories of being on the top floor of the Sears Tower in 1986. I can still visualize the photos I took of Chicago from the observation of the Sears Tower. I got to thinking about this because I was puzzling over the why the "Fast Times At Ridgemont High" character, "Doug," was from Chicago. In my artificial and symbolic memory of 1986, I was dating a girl named Diane Broch who was from the Chicago suburb, Arlington Heights, and I went to Sears Tower one day with her and her mother. Diane was attending Valporaiso University and then went on to work as an investigator with the Internal Revenue Service. This was all during the time, in reality, my family thought I had been killed in Africa. So anyway, I don't think "Doug," who worked for an airline company, according to that script I found and who was going to marry Phoebe's character, was ever actually shown in the movie. Consistent with other clues I describe in the movie, I believe the reason his character was from Chicago was to associate Phoebe, as my wife, to my space flights to the Earth's moon.

This article excerpt below indicates that the Sears Tower reached its maximum height, while under construction, on 5/3/1973 and I noted Phoebe's age on that date. Then I checked to see if anything notable happened when I was the same age and that was 3 days before Apollo 8 launched for the first time humans would orbit the Earth's moon.

From 7/16/1963 to 5/3/1973 is: 3579 days
From 3/3/1959 to 12/19/1968 is: 3579 days

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sears_tower

The Sears Tower is a supertall skyscraper in Chicago, Illinois, and the tallest building in the United States since 1973. By the measurement from the ground to the top of the antenna/spire it is the tallest building in the world; it surpassed World Trade Center in this capacity by 58 cm (1.9 ft) via a short extension being installed on one of Sears' antennas on June 5, 2000. By all other measures (official height, roof height, and highest occupied floor) the Sears Tower was always taller than the World Trade Center. Commissioned by Sears, Roebuck and Company, it was designed by chief architect Bruce Graham and structural engineers Srinivasa "Hal" Iyengar and Fazlur Khan of Skidmore, Owings and Merrill. Moreover, it is also taller than the Petronas Twin Towers, Malaysia when considering either the height to roof, or the height to pinnacle point. By either of these measures, the Sears Tower was only surpassed by the Taipei 101 in 2004.


Construction commenced in August 1970 and the building reached its originally anticipated maximum height on May 3, 1973.


http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apollo_8

Apollo 8 was the second manned mission of the Apollo space program, in which Commander Frank Borman, Command Module Pilot James Lovell and Lunar Module Pilot William Anders became the first humans to orbit around the Moon. It was also the first manned launch of the Saturn V rocket.

NASA prepared for the mission in only four months. The hardware involved had only been used a few times—the Saturn V had launched only twice before, and the Apollo spacecraft had only just finished its first manned mission, Apollo 7. However, the success of the mission paved the way for the successful completion of U.S. President John F. Kennedy's goal of landing on the Moon before the end of the decade.

After launching on December 21, 1968, the crew took three days to travel to the Moon, which they orbited for 20 hours. While in lunar orbit the crew made a Christmas Eve television broadcast in which they read from the book of Genesis. It was the most watched broadcast to date.



The song from AC/DC that is mentioned in the script was released 3 years, 3 weeks, 4 days, after 7/2/1976. I recognize the date 7/2/1976 as when I arrived at the comet and set to work at diverting it from striking the Earth.

From 7/2/1976 to 7/27/1979 is: 3 years, 3 weeks, 4 days

3-3-4

http://www.imsdb.com/scripts/Fast-Times-at-Ridgemont-High.html

EXT. CARL'S JR. - MORNING

Carl's is happening tonight. There are lots of kids
inside. We hear charging rock music -- "Girls Got
Rhythm" by AC/DC -- coming from a radio in the back
kitchen.



http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Highway_to_Hell_%28album%29

Released July 27, 1979

Highway to Hell is the sixth studio album by Australian hard rock band AC/DC, released in July 1979. It is also AC/DC's fifth international studio album. All songs were written by Angus Young, Malcolm Young, and Bon Scott.

It was originally released on Atlantic Records, and was re-released in 2003 as part of the AC/DC Remasters series. On May 25th 2006, Highway To Hell was certified 7 x platinum by the RIAA. In 2003, the album was ranked number 199 on Rolling Stone magazine's list of the 500 greatest albums of all time.


http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Girls_Got_Rhythm

Girls Got Rhythm is a song by popular rock band AC/DC. It is found on their 1979 album Highway to Hell. The song was released as single the same year. A live version can be found on the live album Let There Be Rock: The Movie, part of the Bonfire box set.



I noted earlier that the actress who portrays "Cindy" and is the other half of the "school couple," as descibed in the script, forms a 3-3-4 artistic connection to me. I did that to illustrate my relationship with Phoebe, who portrays the "Linda" character, a character to whom I transfered a lot of my characteristics, also as another artistic device of illustrating my relationship with Phoebe. I would have also had a daughter that was 7 years old when this movie premiered.

http://www.imsdb.com/scripts/Fast-Times-at-Ridgemont-High.html

LINDA
Stacy. What does it matter? He's a stereo salesman. You want to marry him? You want to have kids with him? You want this guy to come home, fifty years old, and he's still got that little Pacific Stereo badge on? Come on.

ANGLE ON GREGG AND CINDY

who are seated at a back table, feeding each other.




Merv Griffin is 3 days, 34 weeks, 33 years, old than me. I don't remember this scene from the movie, but this text from the script makes me think that is probably how the comet appeared to me as I was approaching it. This notion of "Highway To Hell" also reminds me of the "Hotel California" lyrics that released around that time in 1976.

"This could be heaven or this could be hell." That is probably how the comet looked to me. It was beautiful to look at it, but it was literally hell to fly through. And I did that twice. My thoughts suggest it took me an hour, at least, to travel through the coma of the comet to the surface of the comet. One that first trip back out, I smashed my shuttle craft into the last large boulder in the coma and somehow managed to make it back to my Project Orion space ship with some kind of thruster jets attached to my space suit. I think of that every time I think of a similar scene from "Star Trek: The Motion Picture" from 1979 where "Spock" uses an escape suit to travel into the "v'Ger" probe. I believe that "V'Ger" probe is a fictional representation of the comet I diverted in 1976. I noted how that movie anchors me with the Apollo 11 landing on the Earth's moon, using my mid-point artistic device.

http://www.imsdb.com/scripts/Fast-Times-at-Ridgemont-High.html

DARKNESS

We are in the middle of a deep, dark void. After a moment, a pinprick of light appears in the distance. We head towards the light. We are being led somewhere important.

As we draw still closer, curtains suddenly part to reveal a wildly cheering studio audience. We hear the voice of Merv Griffin.

MERV GRIFFIN (O.S.)
Will you please give a warm welcome to... Jeff Spicoli!

The Merv Griffin Show band begins playing a Merv Griffin Show version of AC/DC's "Highway to Hell". Someone hands Jeff Spicoli a microphone. He works the studio audience into a frenzy as he sings the words to "Highway to Hell": Merv Griffin show style.

SPICOLI
(singing)
'Layin' ladies!
Drinkin' wine!
You gotta dollar --
You're a friend of mine!
Gettin' loose!
Feelin' fine!
You and me -- It's get down time!
We're on the Highway to Hell!
The Highway to Hell!'



From 7/6/1925 to 3/4/1959 is: 3 days, 34 weeks, 33 years

334-33

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Merv_Griffin

Mervyn Edward "Merv" Griffin, Jr. (born on July 6, 1925, in San Mateo, California) is an American talk show host, entertainer, pianist, television personality and executive. He began his career as a singer and also appeared in movies and on Broadway; he later became host of his own TV show, The Merv Griffin Show, and an entertainment business magnate.