Sunday, June 10, 2007

Fast Times at Ridgemont High (1982)

This seems important. I've seen it in other details but I am not really sure why it is important other than I probably traveled through there. Something I read yesterday got me thinking again about it. I have also wondered a long time about Darfur and what that could mean to me personally as I probably traveled through there, too during my escape across Africa. I have been thinking I witnessed some kind of battle and a village was going to be destroyed so I stopped to help protect the village. Something like that.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tanzania

Tanzania ... officially the United Republic of Tanzania (Jamhuri ya Muungano wa Tanzania in Swahili), is a country in East Africa. It is bordered by Kenya and Uganda on the north, Rwanda, Burundi and the Democratic Republic of the Congo on the west, and Zambia, Malawi and Mozambique on the south. To the east it borders the Indian Ocean.



I think it is reflected in this character, much as the name "Yar" is Ray spelled backwards. The "Tasha Yar" character was killed off in the series not long after the USS Samuel B. Roberts FFG-58 struck a mine in the Persian Gulf. That attack was precisely 333 days after the USS Stark FFG-31 was hit by missiles. I have been thinking that I was onboard both ships when they were attacked and that was why they were attacked.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tasha_Yar

Yar, of Ukrainian descent, was born on Turkana IV, a colony that fell into chaos and eventually severed ties to the United Federation of Planets.[1] Tasha learned to defend herself on the streets and avoid rape gangs.[1] She left Turkana IV at age 15, leaving her younger sister behind, and later attended Starfleet Academy.[1]

After watching Yar cross a minefield to save a colonist, Jean-Luc Picard requested that she be assigned to his next command.[1] She later becomes chief of security and chief tactical officer aboard the USS Enterprise-D.[1]

Armus kills Yar on Vagra II as a demonstration of his power in "Skin of Evil".[1] Worf replaces her as chief tactical and security officer.[1]



http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turkana_District

Turkana District is an administrative district in the Rift Valley Province of Kenya. Turkana is the northwesternmost district in Kenya. It has an international border with three countries: Uganda, Sudan and Ethiopia. Its neighbouring districts in Kenya are West Pokot, Baringo, and Samburu Districts, while Marsabit District is located on the other (i.e. eastern) shore of Lake Turkana.



This episode premiered 1601 days after 5/13/1987. I recognize the date 5/13/1987 as when I completed my escape after being a Prisoner of War in Libyand and then running down the African continent to get back home. Phoebe and I are 1596 days apart. The difference is only 5 days and that is within the constraints of day-of-week scheduling.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Darmok

"Darmok" is an episode of the television science fiction series Star Trek: The Next Generation, first broadcast in the United States on September 30, 1991. It was written by Joe Menosky.


The episode contains a brief but notable recounting of the Gilgamesh epic, which is communicated by Picard to the Tamarian captain.
...
As the alien captain (Dathon) lies dying from wounds received as he and Picard fought together against their attacker, he appears to ask Picard to tell him a story from his own culture. Reluctantly, Picard agrees, telling a highly condensed version of part of the Epic of Gilgamesh that underscored the universal theme of their encounter:

Gilgamesh, a king. Gilgamesh, a king. At Uruk. He tormented his subjects. He made them angry. They cried out aloud, "Send our king a companion! Spare us from his madness!" Enkidu, a wild man from the forest, entered the city. They fought in the temple. They fought in the street. Gilgamesh defeated Enkidu. They became great friends. Gilgamesh and Enkidu, at Uruk. The new friends went out into the desert together, where the Great Bull of Heaven was killing men by the hundreds. Enkidu caught the Bull by the tail; Gilgamesh struck him with his sword. Killed him. They were victorious. But Enkidu fell to the ground, struck down by the gods. And Gilgamesh wept bitter tears, saying, "He who was my companion through adventure and hardship, is gone forever ..."


I woke up thinking again of how Forest Whitaker's football jersey number in "Fast Times" was 33. His age is just about the same when STS-1 landed as I was when the first "Superman" premiered on 12/15/1978. The people who knew about my survival from falling out of the space shuttle probably compared me to "Superman" because I survived that fall. I certainly didn't fly like "Superman" though. I haven't watched this movie "Fast Times" all the way through, because I find it painful for more reason than I can explain, to watch Phoebe. I did catch a few scenes the other night and I find myself chuckling about the scene where she and her friend were putting green stuff on their faces and Phoebe's character was talking about how the other girl was her close personal friend, which meant she would be accepted, or something like that, I forget exactly how that went. I think I put that in there, assuming I had creative input in this movie, because the green face cream represented the camoflauge face paint I wore in combat with the U.S. Navy SEAL's, and then of course, Phoebe was close to me and I thought of her always when I was deployed to sea.

I think, also, I was creating her as an opposite character of herself and she reflected more of me in our relationship than she was in reality. I am assuming I had creative input into this movie script. My sources also indicate that the movies "Fast Times At Ridgemont High," "Pink Floyd The Wall," and "An Officer And A Gentleman," all premiered on the same day and I doubt that was a coincidence and may actually reflect their relevance to my real identity.

I have also been thinking lately that the woman I was married to in my artificial and symbolic memory is actually based on her friend from that movie. Everytime I see a photo of Jennifer Jason Leigh, I think of my ex-wife, Tracie. But there are connections to my real wife, though, as they have the same birthday and about the same age difference with my real birthday and my artificial birthday. I have also been thinking that if I did have creative control on "Fast Times," I might have selected the Van Nuys High School for the filming location because the V.N. reminds me of Vietnam.

From 7/15/1961 to 4/14/1981 is: 7213 days
From 3/3/1959 to 12/1/1978 is: 7213 days

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001845/

Forest Whitaker

Date of Birth: 15 July 1961

Fast Times at Ridgemont High (1982) .... Charles Jefferson


http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0078346/

Superman (1978)

Release Date: 15 December 1978 (USA)



The difference of the actor who portrays Forest Whitaker's brother and Forrest Whitaker is 33 weeks, 3 days. This might have some bearing on O.J. Simpson. I'm not sure if I know him because we have been friends for a long time or we are related somehow or why this even makes me ponder over how I know O.J., where I believe we have been friends for a long time.

From 7/15/1966 to 3/6/1967 is: 33 weeks and 3 days

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0204115/

Stanley Davis Jr.

Date of Birth: 6 March 1967

Fast Times at Ridgemont High (1982) .... Jefferson's Brother



The age difference between Phoebe and me is 4 years, 4.43 months. The actor who imagines Phoebe kissing him, or at least I think she does as I never watch that part even though it is all just his wishful thinking, was 4443 days old when Apollo 11 landed on the Earth's moon.

4-4-4-3

From 5/21/1957 to 7/20/1969 is: 4443 days

From 3/3/1959 to 7/16/1963 is: 4 years, 4 months, 13 days
13 / 30 = 0.43
From 3/3/1959 to 7/16/1963 is: 4 years, 4.43 months

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001662/

Judge Reinhold

Date of Birth: 21 May 1957

Fast Times at Ridgemont High (1982) .... Brad Hamilton