Tuesday, June 12, 2007

USS Lassen DDG-82, space shuttle STS-82

The USS Lassen DDG-82 was commissioned 33 months, 3 weeks, 3 days, after 6/28/1998.

They probably would have created a 33-34 clue for this ship but those ships are all commissioned on Saturdays, according to information on the internet, so that is a constraint of the precision of the symbolism. I believe this clue, though, is a valid clue to associate my identity with the USS Lassen DDG-82.

From 6/28/1998 to 4/21/2001 is: 33 months, 3 weeks, 3 days

3-3-3-3

http://www.navysite.de/dd/ddg82.htm

USS Lassen (DDG 82)

Commissioned: April 21, 2001


Clyde Everett Lassen, a native of Fort Myers, Florida, earned the Congressional Medal of Honor for his courageous rescue of two downed aviators while commander of a search and rescue helicopter in Vietnam.

On June 19, 1968, Lassen, then a 27 year old Lieutenant flying a UH-2 Seasprite, embarked on a mission to recover two downed naval aviators whose plane had been shot down deep in North Vietnamese territory. Upon reaching the hilly terrain where the aviators were hiding, LT Lassen made several attempts to recover the aviators, but dense tree cover, enemy weapons fire and intermittent illumination frustrated his efforts. Determined to complete his mission, LT Lassen turned on the landing lights of the helicopter, despite the danger of revealing his position to the enemy. After the pilots made their way to the helicopter and with his damaged helicopter dangerously low on fuel, LT Lassen evaded further antiaircraft fire before landing safely at sea onboard a guided missile destroyer-with only five minutes of fuel left in the helicopter’s fuel lines.


CITATION: "For conspicuous gallantry and intrepidity at the risk of his life above and beyond the call of duty as pilot and aircraft commander of a search and rescue helicopter, attached to Helicopter Support Squadron 7, during operations against enemy forces in North Vietnam. Launched shortly after midnight to attempt the rescue of 2 downed aviators. Lt. (then Lt.(jg.)) Lassen skillfully piloted his aircraft over unknown and hostile terrain to a steep, tree-covered hill on which the survivors had been located. Although enemy fire was being directed at the helicopter, he initially landed in a clear area near the base of the hill, but, due to the dense undergrowth, the survivors could not reach the helicopter. With the aid of flare illumination, Lt. Lassen successfully accomplished a hover between 2 trees at the survivors' position. Illumination was abruptly lost as the last of the flares were expended, and the helicopter collided with a tree, commencing a sharp descent. Expertly righting his aircraft and maneuvering clear, Lt. Lassen remained in the area, determined to make another rescue attempt, and encouraged the downed aviators while awaiting resumption of flare illumination. After another unsuccessful, illuminated rescue attempt. and with his fuel dangerously low and his aircraft significantly damaged, he launched again and commenced another approach in the face of the continuing enemy opposition. When flare illumination was again lost, Lt. Lassen, fully aware of the dangers in clearly revealing his position to the enemy, turned on his landing lights and completed the landing. On this attempt, the survivors were able to make their way to the helicopter. In route to the coast he encountered and successfully evaded additional hostile antiaircraft fire and, with fuel for only minutes of flight remaining, landed safely aboard USS JOUETT (CG 29, formerly DLG 29). Lt. Lassen's extraordinary heroism at the risk of his life, above and beyond the call of duty, are in keeping with the highest traditions of the military service and reflect great credit upon himself, his unit, and the U.S. Navy."

The medal was officially presented 16 January 1969.




I arrived at that date 6/28/1998 by applying the age of Joseph Wayne Burgess to my age. In my artificial and symbolic memory, Joseph Burgess was my father. He died in a truck wreck in 1985 and was buried in Morrison Cemetery in Noble County, Oklahoma. I think the symbolism there has something to do with me and Jim Morrison of the band The Doors. I'm not sure what my precise contributions were to The Doors. Did I actually record those vocals so that Morrison could lip-synch on stage? Was I just the keyboards? I can't remember. But I think I had some kind of contribution to that body of work.

I assume the date 6/28/1998 represents the day I first woke up with my current official federal undercover identity after my real identity had been suppressed from conscious awareness.

From 4/9/1946 to 8/4/1985 is: 14362 days
From 3/3/1959 to 6/28/1998 is: 14362 days

http://www.rootsweb.com/~okcemete/noble/morrison/morrison.htm

Morrison Cemetery
Morrison, Noble County, Oklahoma

LAST NAME BURGESS
FIRST MI Joseph Wayne
BORN 09 Apr 1946
DIED 04 Aug 1985




I have examined the USS Lassen DDG-82 before because I recognize the year 1982 as when I graduated from the U.S. Naval Academy. I believe Lt. Lassen was chosen specifically as the namesake for DDG-82 because he is connected somehow to my first Medal of Honor during the Vietnam War. I believe he extracted me from extremely hostile territory on a day I also earned the Medal of Honor.

I have also noted that the USS Lassen DDG-82 was the 4th ship of the 3rd sub-class of the Arleigh Burke class of destroyers. I think it was the 4th ship because 1982 was my 4th and final year at the Academy. My thoughts suggest that it was in the 3rd sub-class because I graduated from Princeton Univeristy and University of Oxford before graduating the U.S. Naval Academy.

I have also found clues that connect the space shuttle flight STS-82 to this topic, so I think there is still a lot more for me to remember about these circumstances, although I don't now see some of the information I read a while back. But it is interesting to note that the mid-point of the STS-82 seems to be right at the point that Phoebe was 33.59 years old. I wonder if that means STS-82 was my last space shuttle flight. It works out to 33.589, which is pretty damn good considering this is the scheduling of the space shuttle we are talking about here.

The flight STS-82 was left than a half-hour from being exactly 10 days in duration so that means the mid-point of the flight was 2/16/1997.

From 7/16/1963 to 2/16/1997 is: 33 years, 215 days
215 / 365 = 0.589
From 7/16/1963 to 2/16/1997 is: 33.589 years

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/STS-82

STS-82

STS-82 was a mission of the United States Space Shuttle.

Launch: February 11, 1997, 3:55:17 am

Landing: February 21, 1997, 3:32 am EST, KSC, Runway 33

Duration: 9 days, 23 hours, 38 minutes, 09 seconds