Sunday, June 17, 2007

Blue Angels - U.S. Navy Flight Demonstration Team

My thoughts suggest this is why the "Brad" character worked at the Carl's Jr. hamburger place in the 1982 "Fast Times At Ridgemont High." The actor who portrays the "Brad" character forms a connection with Phoebe and me and when Apollo 11 landed on the Earth's moon, as I described earlier.

http://www.blueangels.navy.mil/

Navy Flight Demonstration Squadron
390 San Carlos Road Suite A
Pensacola, Florida


Something I noted earlier:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blue_angels

The Blue Angels don't wear G-suits, because the air bladders inside them would repeatedly deflate and inflate. That would interfere with the control stick between a pilot's legs. Instead, Blue Angel pilots tense their stomach muscles and legs to prevent blood from rushing from their heads and rendering them unconscious



As I have noted several times in my journal, I also had that girlfriend named Lisa Waller who I used to go to the Sonic hamburger place for lunch back in Ashdown, in my artificial and symbolic memory. I think that Sonic is a reference to supersonic flight in a fighter jet. The "Brad" character also has a girlfriend named "Lisa" in "Fast Times." I believe I graduated from the U.S. Naval Academy in 1982.

http://www.usna.edu/VirtualTour/150years/1980.htm

August 22, 1981


Vice Admiral Edward C. Waller becomes superintendent.



http://www.imsdb.com/scripts/Fast-Times-at-Ridgemont-High.html

Script - "Fast Times At Ridgemont High"

EXT. CARL'S JR. - NIGHT

At the other end of the mall is a neon-lit Carl's
Jr. Hamburger Restaurant. If Swenson's was the warm
up, this is the main attraction of the Ridgemont
Mall.

INT. CARL'S JR.

Back-to-school banners hang from the walls. Many
kids are lined up at the counters. In the middle of
the kitchen, directing all the orders, is a
seventeen year old named Brad. He moves
confidently, observing the fryer, checking cup
supply, and giving an affectionate squeeze to a
pretty cashier named Lisa. She lets him kiss her,
but only once.

A teenage Customer shouts to Brad from the front
counter.

CUSTOMER

Hey Brad! I waited till you came
on! I wanted your fries.
Brad smiles, walks over to the fryer and discards
the fries left from the previous shift. He shouts
to the other employees as he puts in a new batch,
"his" batch.

BRAD
We need fifteen Superstars, David!

FELLOW EMPLOYEE #1
Okay, Brad!

BRAD
I'll take care of the fry orders!
Just get me the Superstars!