Friday, June 08, 2007

Gremlins (1984)

















http://www.navy.mil/management/photodb/photos/070521-F-8678B-100.jpg

070521-F-8678B-100 DARWIN, Australia (May 21, 2007) - Equipment Operator 1st Class Lawrence A. Zeigler practices training on a D8T bulldozer at Robertson Barracks Driver Training Area, Australia. Members of (NMCB) 4 are deployed in support of a United States, Australian Defense Joint Rapid Airfield Construction (JRAC) exercise "Talisman Saber". Exercise Talisman Saber is designed to maintain a high level of interoperability between U.S. and Australian forces, demonstrating the U.S. and Australian commitment to our military alliance and regional security. U.S. Air Force photo by Master Sgt. Rickie D. Bickle (RELEASED)






Phoebe was 112.7 months old on 12/7/1972, the day Apollo 17 launched. She was 112.75 days old on the second day. I recognize the day 11/2/1975 as when I launched on my mission to divert the comet. That connection to 11/2/1975 also shows up in the "stardate" of the first "Star Trek: The Next Generation."

The character “Lily Sloan” in this movie, I believe but can’t consciously remember, represents my wife when I left Earth on 11/2/1975. I think Tiger Wood’s is our son and he was born shortly after I left Earth. According to information on the internet, his birthday is 59 days, inclusive, from 11/2/75. The flight of that space ship would represent my flight in the Project Orion space ship for that campaign of 1975-1977.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Encounter_at_Farpoint_%28TNG_episode%29

Star Trek: First Contact (Paramount Pictures, 1996) is the eighth feature film based on the Star Trek science fiction television series. In it, the cast of Star Trek: The Next Generation again encounter their adversaries, the Borg, and this time attempt to prevent the Borg from changing history by conquering the Earth of the 21st century through the use of time travel.


The “Star Trek: The Next Generation” television series premiered about 4.5 months after I returned alive from being missing for over a year and presumed dead in Africa.

I multiplied 365 times 112.75 and the result was 41153.75. I launched into space on 11/2/1975 to intercept the comet. I can’t remember for certain, but I think I was over a billion miles from Earth when I intercepted the comet.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Encounter_at_Farpoint_%28TNG_episode%29

"Encounter at Farpoint" was the first episode of Star Trek: The Next Generation. It was originally shown on September 28, 1987, and was the first new live-action episode of Star Trek to have been broadcast since 1969.

On Stardate 41153.7, the maiden voyage of the new starship Enterprise, NCC-1701-D, commanded by Captain Jean-Luc Picard, gets under way.


I am really confused about whether I was married before Phoebe. The thought occurred to me that I might just be thinking of how I went to Earth's moon before I went to the Saturn moon Phoebe. The Saturn moon Phoebe was my second moon. I might be remembering artistic creations I made as my forgotten reality. It stands to reason that if I can't remember consciously the details of my reality, I might not be able to distinquish what are real details from my real life and what were creations I made. For example, this current official federal undercover identity I am using is probably not the first I have used and I don't know if I would know which previous cover identities are real.


The actress who portrayed "Lily Sloan" was 34 years, 2 weeks, 3 days, old on 11/25/1986. I could be I was using '2-3' again for '3-3.' I recognize the date 11/25/1986 as when my family had a funeral service for me, thinking I had been killed in Libya. I completed my escape from Libya on 5/13/1987 and was reunited with family.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0005569/

Alfre Woodard

Date of Birth: 8 November 1952

Star Trek: First Contact (1996) .... Lily Sloane



Regarding this element of the Apollo 8 flight, which was the first time time humans orbited the Earth's moon, presumably with me as a secret crewmember, we would, alas, discover there actually was no Santa Claus.

From 3/3/1959 to 12/23/1968 is: 9.80 years

From 12/21/1968 to 12/27/1968 is: 6 days

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apollo_8

Apollo 8 was the second manned mission of the Apollo space program, in which Commander Frank Borman, Command Module Pilot James Lovell and Lunar Module Pilot William Anders became the first humans to orbit around the Moon.
...

Eleven hours into the flight, the crew had been awake for over 16 hours, having been awakened about 5 hours before launch. So it was time for Frank Borman to start his scheduled 7-hour sleep period. It proved difficult to sleep. NASA had decided that at least one crewmember should be awake at all times to deal with any issues that might arise. But the constant radio chatter with the ground and the air circulation fans made it hard to sleep. As well as this, sleeping in space is a somewhat unnatural experience—you cannot rest your head on a pillow and Bill Anders said that he would suddenly jolt awake with the sensation that he was falling.

About an hour after starting his sleep period, Borman requested clearance to take a Seconal sleeping pill, but the pill had little effect. After Borman slept for seven hours fitfully, he awoke feeling ill. He vomited twice, and had a bout of diarrhea that left the spacecraft full of small globules of vomit and feces. The crew cleaned up as best as they could. Borman decided that he did not want the world to know about his medical problems but Lovell and Anders still wanted to tell the ground. They decided to use the Data Storage Equipment (DSE), which could be used by the crew to tape voice recordings and telemetry, which were then dumped to the ground at high speed. After recording a description of Borman's illness they requested that mission control check the recording, as the crew "would like an evaluation of the voice comments".

A conference between the crew and medical personnel was held using the unoccupied second floor control room (there were two identical control rooms in Houston on the second and third floor, of which only one is used during the course of a mission). During a private communication with the crew, it was decided that there was little to worry about and that it was either a 24-hour flu as Borman thought, or just a reaction to the sleeping pill. In fact it is now thought that he was suffering from Space Adaptation Syndrome, which affects about a third of astronauts during their first day in space as their vestibular system adapts to weightlessness. It had never arisen on previous spacecraft (Mercury and Gemini) as they had been too small to move freely in.
...

It was as the spacecraft came out from behind the Moon for its fourth pass across the front that the crew witnessed an event never before seen—Earthrise. Anders glanced out the window and saw a blue and white orb and realized it was the Earth. Instantly the crew understood that they needed to take a photograph of this. Anders took both the first photograph, which was black-and-white, and then later the more famous color photo. (After the flight, Borman and Anders both claimed they took the first earthrise photo - Lovell also did, but more as a joke than anything else - but it was determined that it was probably Anders.) It should be noted that, due to the synchronous rotation of the Moon about the Earth, Earthrise is not visible from the Lunar surface. The phenomenon is generally only visible when orbiting the Moon, other than at selected places near the Moon's limb, where libration carries the Earth slightly above and below the lunar horizon.

Anders continued to take photographs while Lovell took the controls of the spacecraft so that Borman could get some rest. As always, resting was difficult in the cramped and noisy capsule, though Borman was able to doze for two orbits. He would awaken at times to ask a question about their status, only to be told that everything was going fine.

Borman did wake up however when he started to hear his fellow crewmembers make mistakes. They were beginning to not understand questions and would have to ask for the answers to be repeated. Borman realized that everyone was extremely tired having not had a good night's sleep in over three days. Taking command, he ordered Anders and Lovell to get some sleep and that the rest of the flight plan regarding observing the Moon be scrubbed. At first Anders protested saying that he was fine, but Borman would not be swayed. At last Anders agreed as long as the commander would set up the camera to continue to take automatic shots of the Moon. Borman also remembered that there was a second television broadcast planned, and with so many people expected to be watching he wanted the crew to be alert. For the next two orbits Anders and Lovell slept while Borman sat at the helm.
...

The burn occurred perfectly on time. The spacecraft telemetry was reacquired as it re-emerged from behind the Moon at 89 hours, 28 minutes, and 39 seconds, the exact time predicted. When voice contact was regained, Lovell announced, "Please be informed, there is a Santa Claus", to which Ken Mattingly, the capcom, replied, "That's affirmative, You are the best ones to know". It was Christmas Day, 1968.



http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0087363/quotes

Memorable quotes for
Gremlins (1984)
...
Kate: Now I have another reason to hate Christmas.

Billy Peltzer: What are you talking about?

Kate: The worst thing that ever happened to me was on Christmas. Oh, God. It was so horrible. It was Christmas Eve. I was 9 years old. Me and Mom were decorating the tree, waiting for Dad to come home from work. A couple hours went by. Dad wasn't home. So Mom called the office. No answer. Christmas Day came and went, and still nothing. So the police began a search. Four or five days went by. Neither one of us could eat or sleep. Everything was falling apart. It was snowing outside. The house was freezing, so I went to try to light up the fire. That's when I noticed the smell. The firemen came and broke through the chimney top. And me and Mom were expecting them to pull out a dead cat or a bird. And instead they pulled out my father. He was dressed in a Santa Claus suit. He'd been climbing down the chimney... his arms loaded with presents. He was gonna surprise us. He slipped and broke his neck. He died instantly. And that's how I found out there was no Santa Claus.



http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/gremlins

An imaginary gnomelike creature to whom mechanical problems, especially in aircraft, are attributed.

A maker of mischief.

Word History: Elves, goblins, and trolls seem to be timeless creations of the distant past, but gremlins were born in the 20th century. In fact, gremlin is first recorded only in the 1920s, as a Royal Air Force term for a low-ranking officer or enlisted man saddled with oppressive assignments. Said to have been invented by members of the Royal Naval Air Service in World War I, gremlin is used in works written in the 1940s for "an imaginary gnomelike creature who causes difficulties in aircraft." The word seems likely to have been influenced by goblin, but accounts of its origin are various and none are certain. One source calls in Fremlin beer bottles to explain the word; another, the Irish Gaelic word gruaimín, "ill-humored little fellow." Whatever the word's origin, it is certain that gremlins have taken on a life of their own.




I recognize the date Monday, 6/7/1976, as when I landed on the Saturn moon Phoebe.

December 23, 1968: Monday
December 11, 1972: Monday
June 7, 1976: Monday

From 7/16/1963 to 6/7/1976 is: 4710 days
From 6/7/1976 to 11/21/1983 is: 2723 days

4710 - 2723 = 1987

From 7/16/1963 to 12/23/1968 is: 1987 days

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seven_and_the_Ragged_Tiger

Seven and the Ragged Tiger is Duran Duran's third studio album, released globally in November, 1983. It would prove to be the last studio album for the band's original lineup until 2004's Astronaut.

Released 21 November 1983
...
Track listing
...
2. "New Moon On Monday" – 4:16



http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/duranduran/newmoononmonday.html

DURAN DURAN LYRICS

"New Moon On Monday"

Shake up the picture the lizard mixture
With your dance on the eventide
You got me coming up with answers
All of which I deny
I said it again
Could I please rephrase it
Maybe I can catch a ride
I couldn't really put it much plainer
But I'll wait till you decide
Send me your warning siren
As if I could ever hide
Last time La Luna

[CHORUS]

I light my torch and wave it for the
New moon on Monday
And a firedance through the night
I stayed the cold day with a lonely satellite

Breaking away with the best of both worlds
A smile that you can't disguise
Every minute I keep finding
Clues that you leave behind
Save me from these reminders
As if I'd forget tonight
This time La Luna

[CHORUS]