Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Federal prosecution charge 1 for Robert Mueller: conspiracy to commit murder

That's a 1960 Ford Falcon that "Paula" and "Lynette" are driving in their first scenes.

http://www.imcdb.org/vehicle.php?id=71347&PHPSESSID=cc62303469a7c7c5bff955fd632e9200

1960 Ford Falcon Sedan

1960 Ford Falcon in An Officer and a Gentleman, Movie, 1982

Trivia for

An Officer and a Gentleman (1982)

Richard Gere rides a 750cc Triumph T140E Bonneville introduced halfway in the 1978 selling season.



JOURNAL ARCHIVE: Sleep journal 5/17/06


Had some kind of dream that I was driving on the road. I think I was driving a pickup I used to have, that red Nissan. There was someone in another car driving along with me, following me to some destination. I remember the scenary, but it wasn't some place I recognized, it seemed to be some kind of 4-lane highway. At one point, the car following me didn't make a stop light in time and had to stop while I kept going. I found a place to turn off into a parking lot to wait for them. I think it was an auto parts store, but no place I recognize. I could actually hear someone talking, but I was alone in the truck. I think it was the people in the store. As I was pulling into the parking lot, something happened, all my windows seemed to become frozen off, as though I drove through a freezing cloud, I couldn't see anything. Then the car following me caught up with me and pulled in next to me. As I was backing out to continue, I saw a face in the car and I think it was my mother, the car kind of looked like that Bonneville she used to have. We continued driving along the highway.



JOURNAL ARCHIVE: Re: Journal May 26, 2006

I was remembering how my parking spot next to our house on Hicks Road could easily symbolize being lauched off a carrier. It was dangerous because I couldn't see if there was another car coming as I powered my way up and out onto the road and some of those other people really flew down that road. I pulled out at an angle to the road, although some times I went straight up and out, depending on the direction I was heading.

I wrote in my notes at this point, wondering what the code "winchester" meant in the Navy.

Donald Gene's father was named Ambrus Chauncey, or A.C. AC is the Navy rating designation for an Air Controlman, as I just looked up. That rating is also listed as Air Traffic Controller.

Before I got my red Ford and while we were living on Hicks Road, I got in trouble for driving my mother's Bonneville (also a 1978) too fast. That was a car that Randy Romine bought brand new for her when they were married. This car had some kind of alarm built into the dashboard. It you went above a certain speed, I believe it was over 80, the alarm would go off. I'm thinking I did that several times when driving my sister and Michael to church. In other words, I wanted to speed so they buzzer would go off. I suspect this is related to that catchphrase from Top Gun about the need for speed.

There is that song, by America?, about going through the desert on a horse with no name. That song features prominently in my memory from the time after I returned from the Persian Gulf, which was in 1988 according to my memory, but is probably some other time.

Today some station showed a clip from the first Terminator movie and it reminded me that Arnold S. in that movie resembles Mogge when he was younger.

That bad fight I remember occurred when we were away from our home port when I was on the Taylor. Oh yeah, I thought later that Taylor has a big number 50, or five-oh, on its hull. Anyway, I think this fight occurred in Fort Lauderdale. There had been some other fighting going on. Apparently a gang was luring sailors into fights and this one guy, I didn't know him well, but he was on my ship, had his face slashed with a knife after talking to a girl.

Could the U.S. Air plane crash I remember from Charlotte represent Micheal's crash? There are some common elements in my memory. One was the path of destruction, the trees that were knocked down or damaged. There was the sudden, heavy, violent thunderstorm that kicked up right before the crash. With the Charlotte crash, I wasn't that far away at a bar where, if I had been standing at the door way could have seen that plane coming in, and it also went right over my apartment at Whitehall. I could remember the precise time of the crash and what I was doing at the time.

All of this, All of this, it is my reality, I am absolutely convinced I was once, among other things, an aviator in the Navy. I just can't remember it. But I know these details I remember represents that time.



JOURNAL ARCHIVE: July 30, 2006

Randy Romine bought that Pontiac Bonneville for my mom. I think that was '77 or '78. I'm pretty sure it was a 1978 model. Funny story about the ride back. It's funny how they throw little things like into my memory. I threw a temper tantrum to ride back to De Queen, they got it in Texarkana, about 55 miles away, because my sister was going to ride with mom in the new car while I rode with Randy. We stopped before we got out of Texarkana and let me ride with mom because I was being such a baby. I don't remember anything else after that. But I suspect this first trip in the Bonneville represents STS-1 somehow. It was a white car. As with the Jeep Grand Cherokee and the space shuttle, there was plenty of room for extra passengers.



JOURNAL ARCHIVE: August 6, 2006

When did I buy that Nissan 1986.5 model? It was brand new so I think I got it before the middle of the year. And I remember it was very hot that summer in Chicago and it didn’t have an air conditioner. Not long after I got it, I took a road trip to see Diane at her college, Valparaiso in Indiana. I think that was a 3-day weekend. It was probably Memorial Day, so that would have been May of 1986.

The fact that is was a Nissan though must mean something. Not sure what the 1986.5 means.