Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Federal prosecution charge against Tony Snow: providing material support to an insurrection against the United States of America.

The E-3 Sentry wasn't in service for Vietnam from what I read. I wonder what was the equivalent land-based version, back then, if there was one. I think the carrier-based E-2 Hawkeye was in service back then though. My thoughts suggest that I was providing air cover for something like this though on 6/19/1968 and I took on at least 5 enemy fighters that day that jumped us.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/E-2_Hawkeye

E-2 Hawkeye

Since replacing the E-1 in 1964, the Hawkeye has been the "eyes of the fleet." Since its combat debut during the Vietnam conflict, the E-2 has served the US Navy around the world. Hawkeyes (from VAW-123 "Screwtops" aboard the USS America) directed F-14 Tomcat fighters flying combat air patrol during Operation El Dorado Canyon, the two-carrier battle group joint strike against terrorist-related Libyan targets in 1986. More recently, E-2Cs provided the command and control for successful operations during the Persian Gulf War, directing both land attack and combat air patrol missions over Iraq and providing control for the shoot-down of two Iraqi MiG-21 aircraft by carrier-based F/A-18s in the early days of the war. E-2 aircraft also have worked extremely effectively with US law enforcement agencies in drug interdictions.





This was the day I started to have conscious awareness of Phoebe. There has been a lot about her showing up before that although I didn't consciously understand what it all meant, just as with that dream where she was there but I couldn't understand who she was.

From 3/15/1998 to 4/25/2007 is: 3328 days

Somehow, this was probably the date for me to become fully conscious of our marriage. I don't know yet how these things work out.

From 3/15/1998 to 5/1/2007 is: 3334 days

JOURNAL ARCHIVE:

04/27/07 4:53 AM
I don't think any one could ever come close to fulfilling my feelings for Phoebe Cates after we stopped seeing other. And then no one else could compare with my feelings for her. Phoebe, I think, I feel, was my great love. And I have been lonely ever since.

04/27/07 5:06 AM
And I feel she still has that hold on me. I see attractive woman, but she is one that still has my heart.

04/26/07 3:30 PM
I have been thinking about a plot element from the 1984 movie, "Red Dawn," for a while. I think about how the character Lea Thompson portrayed would flirt with the character Powers Boothe portrayed. And I see a connection here with the birthday for Phoebe Cates, but I think the symbolism is that she is represented by when he talks about his wife. I don't know if I was ever married to Phoebe Cates but I think his comments about his wife in the movie reflect my feelings at the time for Phoebe Cates in our relationship, whatever that was.

From 6/1/1948 to 5/31/1961 is: 4747 days

From 3/3/1959 to 7/16/1963 is: 1596 days

4747 / 0.3359 = 1594.5173

04/26/07 4:23 PM
Hell, I could be secretly married right now to Phoebe Cates for all I know.

04/26/07 4:24 PM
She certainly seems to have been the queen of my heart.

04/26/07 4:27 PM
From 9/26/1956 to 7/16/1963 is: 2484 days

2484 * 0.359 = 891.756

From 9/26/1956 to 3/3/1959 is: 888 days

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linda_Hamilton

Linda Carroll Hamilton (born September 26, 1956) is an American movie actress
...
Hamilton's next role was in The Terminator in 1984.


Debra Winger's birthday compared to Phoebe Cate's birthday:

From 5/16/1955 to 7/16/1963 is: 2983 days

From 3/3/1959 to 5/1/1967 is: 2981 days

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/An_officer_and_a_gentleman

04/28/07 7:39 AM
When I now start having thoughts that Phoebe Cates might actually be married, those thoughts followed with "don't get your hopes up" as though someone is preparing me for the reality of losing her again, as in "Cast Away." The thoughts persist though. There's not so much an urgency to the thoughts, but they are clear thoughts, again as though some part of my consciousness that still remembers my real identity is giving me another clue to my real life. And when I think of those thoughts that we are still married, I associate those thoughts with Lesa Jewell and how she was married so long to Tom Withem. And she is the person long ago that wrote to me about that flag and also I wrote to her that I wasn't going to escalate the fight with the terrorists as long as my family was safe.

04/28/07 7:44 AM
The terrorists know my vulnerabilities though. They can force me into a fight that I probaby wouldn't win. The issue of course, is that there are some fights that have to be fought, regardless of whether I can win.

04/28/07 8:43 AM
http://www.lyricsfreak.com/f/foreigner/girl+on+the+moon_20054815.html

Girl On The Moon

Its night, again
Time for my mind to go wandering
Off on a journey, through space and time
In search of a face I can never find
So I close my eyes and look inside


04/28/07 10:28 AM
Phoebe Cates was 334 months, 16 days, old on the date of this episode.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Inner_Light_%28TNG_episode%29


04/28/07 11:25 AM
This goddamned mental block is really screwing up my mind right now. If only I could get my full mental powers back, I could probably think of an apt description for how it feels.

04/28/07 2:19 PM
From 7/16/1963 to 7/3/1965 is: 718 days

718 / 2 = 359

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Connie_Nielsen

Connie Inge-Lise Nielsen (born July 3, 1965) is a Danish actress.
...

In 2000 she became known to worldwide audiences as Lucilla in Ridley Scott's internationally acclaimed Academy Award-winning epic Gladiator, where she starred opposite Russell Crowe and Joaquin Phoenix. She has since then starred in some notable American films, including Mission to Mars (2000), One Hour Photo (2002)

04/28/07 2:39 PM

This is going to be a pretty goddamned lousy feeling if I am actually not married to her.


04/28/07 7:35 PM
That's going to be a tremendous let-down if it turns out Phoebe Cates and I are not really married.

04/29/07 5:18 PM
Why would "Superman Returns" point to Phoebe Cates and me after all this time if I wasn't still married to her?

I can understand there is some great tragedy to us being torn apart after Libya, but why would a 2006 movie point to us if we aren't married?

And why would I start noticing such details now - as I approach the one year point of the restoration of my memories?

04/30/07 3:28 PM
SHE IS MY WIFE!!!!!!!

I WANT TO SEE HER TODAY!!!!!!!!!!


04/30/07 7:31 PM
Surely they wouldn't let me start consciously remembering my wife if I wasn't going home to her immediately.

It would be a bad news-good news kind of deal.

"The bad news is you have to spend 9 years away from your wife until we catch the Microsoft-Corbis-paparazzi terrorists that have targeted you. The good news is you get to go home to her today."

04/30/07 7:44 PM
That was 5 days ago!

05/01/07 8:45 AM
I can still remember watching this episode. As I remember from watching it during its premiere, I had the vague thoughts of, "Who? Who will wait for me forever?"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jurassic_Bark

Airdate November 17, 2002

"Jurassic Bark" is the second episode of season five of Futurama, airing November 17, 2002. It was nominated for an Emmy Award, and is possibly one of the most moving episodes of the series.
...
Bender and Fry visit the Natural History Museum exhibit of a 20th century pizza parlor. Fry finds out that it is actually Pannuci's Pizza, the old pizza parlor where Fry used to work. Within the exhibit, Fry finds his old dog, Seymour, fossilized and on display in the exhibit. After a lengthy protest, the museum gives Fry the fossilized dog. Fry starts to treat Seymour like an actual dog, but Bender, however, grows jealous of Fry's nonstop devotion to Seymour. At Planet Express, Farnsworth reveals that he can clone a version of Seymour that Fry knew and loved. In the sub-basement, just before Seymour's cloning process is completed, Bender, in a jealous rage, throws Seymour's fossilized body into the lava pit in the sub-basement. Farnsworth reveals that because Seymour's fossil was enclosed in dolomite, he might survive the hot lava. Bender, feeling remorseful and being 40% dolomite, decides to go after the dolomite dog. After a long while, Bender resurfaces with Seymour intact. While cloning Seymour the second time, Farnsworth reveals that Seymour was 15 years old when he died, leading Fry to think that Seymour must have lived a full life and likely even forgotten about Fry after he was frozen. Fry destroys the machine and leaves Seymour fossilized.

Throughout the show, flashbacks are shown revealing how Fry and Seymour met, how they acted together and how Seymour lived after Fry was frozen. The final scene in the episode shows that Fry had been wrong about Seymour---since Fry's last command to Seymour had been to "wait for Fry" in front of the pizzeria, Seymour had spent the majority of his life there, being cared for by Mr. Panucci and continously waiting outside of Panuccis daily for Fry to return, before dying 12 years later.

05/01/07 8:56 AM
Connie Francis was 59 years, 3 months, 3 days, old, on 3/15/1998. She was also 59 years, 359 days, old, on 12/6/1998.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jurassic_Bark

"Jurassic Bark" is the second episode of season five of Futurama, airing November 17, 2002. It was nominated for an Emmy Award, and is possibly one of the most moving episodes of the series.
...
The last part of the episode where Seymour is waiting outside on the sidewalk was originally set to the theme of 2001: A Space Odyssey, but it was exchanged with the song "I Will Wait For You" from The Umbrellas of Cherbourg as sung by Connie Francis, which writer Eric Kaplan's grandparents sang and played on the piano while he was a child.
...
When Fry is dancing on the sidewalk, a person in the crowd resembles Fry's girlfriend, Michelle.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Connie_Francis

Connie Francis (born December 12, 1938 in Newark, New Jersey) is an American pop singer best known for international hit songs such as "Who's Sorry Now?", "Where The Boys Are", and "Everybody's Somebody's Fool".
...
The ending song in the animated series Futurama episode "Jurassic Bark" is 'I Will Wait for You' sung by Connie Francis.


05/01/07 6:13 PM
Damnit. Why the hell can't I see my wife.

05/01/07 9:05 PM
All this has done is make me more lonely.

05/01/07 9:42 PM
WHY CAN'T I SEE MY WIFE!!!!!!!!!

05/02/07 8:06 AM
I must have had a lot of good dreams about Phoebe last night. It was as though we were talking, but then when I woke up, I felt the need to keep quiet what we talked about. I still feel I miss her. I don't remember her in the conventional sense, but I remember how she feels in my arms. And that is really something missing in my life. Now the future doesn't seem so empty. Even though I had ideas of about a million different things I could do once I got back home, there was still a certain emptiness that I couldn't explain.

05/02/07 8:12 AM
It wasn't until this past week that I even imagined getting out of the Navy when this is all through, although I don't think I have much choice on that topic. I guess I have some remaining time on a contract related to my space travels, although I'm not too clear on all that. Maybe I have some kind of 50 year contract that started when I was 5 or 6. Anyway, I felt some consolation about the empty feeling by thoughts of staying in the Navy. This new conscious sense of awareness, specfically about Phoebe, changes all that though. I can't fully explain it, but I find myself thinking a lot about how that empty feeling has just simply vanished now that I start thinking of her.

05/02/07 8:21 AM
Certainly this is not just some trick to leave me disappointed, is it? Certainly it will turn out that I will get her back soon? Why not today????





From 3/15/1998 to 2/12/1999 is: 334 days

http://www.bolling.af.mil/news/story.asp?storyID=123039255

Feb. 15, 1973: Operation Homecoming marks end of Vietnam War
by Andy Stephens

11th Wing Historian

2/12/2007 - BOLLING AFB, D.C. -- "Freedom has a taste to those who fight and almost die for it, that the protected shall never know."

--Written by an unknown author onto a cell wall in the Hanoi Hilton

This is a story of sacrifice and a promise redeemed to American servicemen who survived years of captivity as prisoners of war. When the social fabric of America was fraying at the seams and we were losing sight of our country's values, we learned about a different type of hero. These heroes so loved their nation that they were willing to endure any burden, though it cost many their lives.

It was late winter 1973, and Operation Homecoming made a nation remember again what a military uniform stands for. Bolling AFB did its part in creating a lasting memory.

Successful diplomatic overtures in Paris in January 1973 made possible the repatriation of approximately 600 Americans, all prisoners of war held by North Vietnam -- many for months, some for years. On Feb. 12, 1973, the first flight of 40 U.S. prisoners of war left Hanoi in a C-141A. Over the next six weeks, C-141As continued to cross the Pacific, bringing the former POWs home. Several of these Americans were brought to Andrews AFB, welcomed by people from several states. The Air Force Band from Bolling AFB played the patriotic music that heralded the return of heroes and the Honor Guard showed respect with the sharpest salutes. When national television showed a pilot step off a "Hanoi Taxi" and hug his wife and children, the American public could feel the spark of that family's hope.


But there was so much more that the American public couldn't see. Many former POWs had spent days at Clark Air Base in the Philippines recovering some of their strength and vitality after years of captivity. Almost every base across the country had a reception center where the former POWs could be reunited with their families. From the time the first flight left Hanoi, Air Force personnel from Bolling's 1100th Air Base Wing were preparing to help several Airmen with the next step - adjustment to life at home after their ordeal.

Starting Feb. 15, the1100th ABW took care of several Airmen who had come from the National Capital Region, helping many with their transition while arranging the best medical care possible to speed their recovery. Many of the details of this transition program have been lost, but what is known is that of the 566 servicemen returned to the U.S. during Operation Homecoming. 325 were Air Force and many resumed their military careers, proving that the repatriation program had provided adequate medical, psychological and emotional support for their needs.

But there was something else, a principle that drove the 1100th ABW and Airmen nationwide to provide the best care possible because these former POWs had borne a greater burden than any other, sacrificing their own happiness and comfort so others didn't have to. Every branch of the Armed Forces has a term for it. In the Air Force, we call it Service before Self. It is where the soul rests in the heart of our Airmen and, while their bodies may have been weak, they were stronger than many in the American public could believe. And we were awed by their iron will.

They told us stories about spirit, about how the American singular endures overwhelming chaos.

They lived stories about faith in the values of their nation, unbroken in the face of incomprehensible pain and sorrow.

Above all else, they shared with us a story about honor; the honor of American prisoners of war who bore the greatest sacrifices of their generation and the honor they brought back to their country -- enduring all so others didn't have to.

In bringing them home, they brought us back to where we needed to be and gave us hope for tomorrow.




According to information I found on the internet, Jeremiah Denton, the former POW President Reagan refers to, was 33 weeks, 34 years old, when I was born on 3/3/1959.

http://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/ws/index.php?pid=43941&st=&st1=

Remarks on Signing a Resolution and a Proclamation Declaring National P.O.W.-M.I.A. Recognition Day, 1981

June 12th, 1981

Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to what I think is a very important and worthwhile little signing ceremony here in the Rose Garden. I am pleased that I'm going to sign a joint resolution and a proclamation designating July 17th, 1981 National P.O.W.-M.I.A. Recognition Day.

I'm grateful that we have with us here today one of America's outstanding heroes from the Vietnam war, one of the former prisoners of war, and now the Senator from Alabama, Jeremiah Denton, accompanied by his lovely wife Jane. July 17th, it is just 16 years—or that will be—to the day that he was shot down over Southeast Asia. Now, lest someone think that there's a little confusion there, he was shot down on July 18th, 1965, but when it was the 18th there, on this side of the dateline it was the 17th. Jeremiah Denton. Who will ever forget on that first night in that first plane that arrived at Clark Field in the Philippines, and he was the first man we saw come down the ramp from the plane, salute our flag, ask God's blessing on America, and then thank us for bringing them home.




From 7/15/1924 to 3/3/1959 is: 34 years, 33 weeks

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeremiah_Denton

Jeremiah Andrew Denton Jr. (born July 15, 1924 in Mobile, Alabama) is a retired U.S. Navy admiral and a former U.S. senator of the Republican party. He spent almost eight years as a prisoner of war in Vietnam and later wrote a book about his experiences.

Military career
Denton attended McGill Institute and Spring Hill College and graduated from the United States Naval Academy in 1946. His 34-year naval career included service on a variety of ships, in many types of aircraft, including airships (blimps). His principal field of endeavor was naval operations. He also served as a test pilot, flight instructor, and squadron commander. In 1957, he was credited with revolutionizing naval strategy and tactics for nuclear war as architect of the "Haystack Concept," while serving on the staff of Commander, South Fleet, as Fleet Air Defense Officer. Denton graduated from the Armed Forces Staff College and the Naval War College, where his thesis on international affairs received top honors by earning the prestigious President's Award. In 1964, he received the degree of Master of Arts in International Affairs from George Washington University.

While serving as Naval aviator during the Vietnam War, Denton was shot down and captured on July 18, 1965. He was held as a prisoner of war for almost eight years, four of which were spent in solitary confinement. Denton is best known for the 1966 North Vietnamese television interview he gave, as a prisoner, in Hanoi. During the interview he blinked his eyes in morse code to spell out the word "torture" to communicate that his captors were torturing him. He was also questioned about his support for the U.S. war in Vietnam, to which he replied: "I don't know what is happening now in Vietnam, because the only news sources I have are Vietnamese. But whatever the position of my government is, I believe in it, I support it, and I will support it as long as I live." For his continuous resistance and leadership, even in the face of torture and inhumane conditions, he would be awarded the Navy Cross.

Finally in 1973, he was released from prison and on stepping off the plane, as a free man back in his home country, he said: "We are honored to have had the opportunity to serve our country under difficult circumstances. We are profoundly grateful to our Commander-in-Chief and to our nation for this day. God bless America."

"The Navy Cross is presented to Jeremiah A. Denton, Rear Admiral, U.S. Navy, for extraordinary heroism while serving as a Prisoner of War in North Vietnam from February 1966 to February 1973. Under constant pressure from North Vietnamese interrogators and guards, Rear Admiral Denton (then Commander) experienced harassment, intimidation and ruthless treatment in their attempt to gain military information and cooperative participation for propaganda purposes. During this prolonged period of physical and mental agony, he heroically resisted cruelties and continued to promulgate resistance policy and detailed instructions. Forced to attend a press conference with a Japanese correspondent, he blinked out a distress message in Morse Code at the television camera and was understood by United States Naval Intelligence. Displaying extraordinary skill, fearless dedication to duty, and resourcefulness, he reflected great credit upon himself, and upheld the highest traditions of the Naval Service and the United States Armed Forces."