Saturday, June 30, 2007

Pirate

And it was Rhonda Ramsey that asked me out that first time. I can't "remember" where we went on our first date. Taking her to the drive-in in Texarkana to see "An Officer And A Gentleman" may have been our first date, but I'm not certain. I "remember" the windows in my blue 1967 Chevrolet pickup had fogged up and I wrote out that "I love Rhonda Rochelle Ramsey" on the window, which she seemed to like, and it probably a symbolic representation of the course of my romantic relationship with Phoebe over the years. I think me writing out that message on the window is symbolic of me creating the movie "An Officer And A Gentleman" and how it relates to Phoebe and me, assuming that was my work. In my artifical and symbolic memory, Rhonda's parents were great and we all got along very well. Karen and Max were their names. Rhonda worked at Mills Store with me but what I think that represents is that Phoebe and I started dating while I was at the U.S. Naval Academy, although we had been friends for a lot longer. Rhonda gave me some kind of gag Christmas gift one time that was something to do with deer hunting. I can still "remember" her laughing. I liked her. Another time, she was giving me a hard time about me eating the cookies that were sit out next to me as I was dressed up as Santa Claus at Mills Store.



http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=pirate

pirate

One who makes use of or reproduces the work of another without authorization.

One that operates an unlicensed, illegal television or radio station.

To take (something) by piracy.

To make use of or reproduce (another's work) without authorization.

to take or appropriate by piracy; especially : to copy, distribute, or use without authorization esp. in infringement of copyright




http://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/ws/index.php?pid=37024

Remarks at El Centro Naval Air Station, California

January 3rd, 1986

Ladies and gentlemen, I can't tell you what this welcome means to me. And I know so many that had a hand in it—all of you here at the El Centro naval facility, members of the Navy League, and the Fleet Reserve Association. I'd like to say a special greeting, also, to Congressman Duncan Hunter and Mika Camarena, whose husband gave his life for all of us in the fight against the drug traffic. And my thanks to the Holtville Band. I think you're well known to some of them here.

Well, this is, as I say, a very great welcome. I know that the El Centro naval facility is not only a great training center here for all of our Navy pilots but is the winter home of the Blue Angels, host to the Royal Air Force Falcons. There's only one thing, as an old ex-horse cavalryman: How come this Navy facility is out here in the desert? May I just say to all of you—and I know that time is of the essence and I must get in this and cross the border—may I just say that of all the things that one can find to be proud of in a position such as mine, nothing has made me more proud than the men and women in uniform in our Armed Forces. God bless you all. And every time I read some things like Mr. Qadhafi sounding off the way he does, I just think to myself about all of you, and I can't be bothered with Mr. Qadhafi.But again, God bless you all. Thank you all for being out here. This is very heartwarming. I'm most grateful. Thank you.

Note: The President spoke at 10:01 a.m. at Hangar 4 of the naval air station, before departing for his meeting with President De la Madrid Hurtado in Mexicali, Mexico. In his closing remarks, he referred to Libyan Chief of State Mu'ammar Qadhafi.


















http://www.dodmedia.osd.mil/Assets/Still/1986/Navy/DN-SC-86-05703.JPEG

ID: DN-SC-86-05703
Service Depicted: Navy

An MD-3A tow tractor is used to maneuver an A-6E Intruder aircraft, left, on the flight deck of the aircraft carrier USS SARATOGA (CV 60) during operations off the coast of LIBYA. On the right are F-14A Tomcat aircraft and in the center background are A-7E Corsair II aircraft.

Date Shot: 12 Feb 1986





I can't read the full text on that t-shirt from 1986. Something similar to:

"U.S. Navy responds"
"follow me" image of F-14 Tomcat "or else"
"when Tomcats" something "terrorists" something. I guess that last part reads "listen."









http://www.dodmedia.osd.mil/Assets/Still/1986/Navy/DN-SC-86-12423.JPEG

ID: DN-SC-86-12423
Service Depicted: Navy

Ship's Serviceman Seaman Bret Burrow workd in the ship's store aboard the aircraft carrier USS SARATOGA (CV 60) during operations off the coast of LIBYA.

Camera Operator: PH1 WILLIAM H. DODGE
Date Shot: 1 Mar 1986


















http://www.dodmedia.osd.mil/Assets/Still/1988/Navy/DN-SC-88-01699.JPEG

ID: DN-SC-88-01699
Service Depicted: Navy

Aviation ordnancemen from Attack Squadron 55 (VA-55) attach a bomb rack to the wing of an A-6E Intruder aircraft on the flight deck of the aircraft carrier USS CORAL SEA (CV 43). The aircraft is being prepared for an air strike against targets in LIBYA.

Camera Operator: PH3 TROY SUMMERS

Date Shot: 14 Apr 1986