Saturday, June 23, 2007

"Doug Stallworth"

The name of guy Phoebe's character was going to marry was named "Doug Stallworth," according to that script. This is all very funny, assuming that I wrote these lines for Phoebe's character.

I recognize the date 4/14/1977 as when I returned to Earth after diverting the comet.

http://www.imsdb.com/scripts/Fast-Times-at-Ridgemont-High.html

ANGLE ON MORE STUDENTS ARRIVING

at the Last Dance. They see Mr. Hand signing annuals by the door. They all say the same thing as they pass, "Aloha, Mr. Hand". He nods in return.

ANGLE ON STACY

surveying the growing mob of annual-crazed students. From behind her comes Linda Barrett in a low-cut black dress.

STACY
Where's Doug?

LINDA
He's not coming.

STACY
Not coming? What happened?

LINDA
He says he's got to stay in Chicago.

(sighs)
He says I should visit him sometimes.

STACY
Sometime?

LINDA
Yeah, like maybe never.

STACY
But what are you going to do?

LINDA
Well I might go to Dartmouth.

STACY
Dartmouth?!

LINDA
I didn't tell anyone I applied cause I never thought I'd make it.

STACY
I can't believe it! But what about Doug?

LINDA (STOIC)
There's a world of guys out there. I just wish I didn't have to date any of them.

STACY
Hey -- Doug Stallworth? It's his loss.




http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stallworth_Stadium

Stallworth Stadium is a stadium in Baytown, Texas. It is primarily used for American football and soccer, and is the home field of the Robert E. Lee High School and Ross S. Sterling High School. The stadium holds 16,500 people and was opened in 1969.




Bay TOWN >>>> Bay CITY

http://zip4.usps.com/zip4/zcl_1_results.jsp

ZIP Code™ Matches in BAY CITY, TX

77414