Saturday, June 09, 2007

"Indy"

I think it is an important element of this movie that "Indy" broke up with "Marion" at some point early in their relationship. I believe it reflects that even back in 1981, I knew without a doubt Phoebe was the one for me. I sure as hell wouldn't have put in that part if she was just a passing fancy. I knew that Phoebe cared for me and I knew she would be hurt if I broke up with her, which I was never going to do. There could also be something here about when she was 7 and I was 11, something about that arranged marriage. Assuming I had anything to with the script for this movie, and it seems probably I did even though I can't remember it in the conventional sense, I believe this was one of those presents I had wrapped up for Phoebe. Someday in the future, after we had been married for a long time, I was going to point back to this work as a reference for how long I have been in love with her.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0082971/quotes

Memorable quotes for
Raiders of the Lost Ark (1981)
...
Marion: Well, Jones, at least you haven't forgotten how to show a lady a good time.

Indiana: Boy, you're something.

Marion: Yeah? I'll tell you what. Until I get back my five thousand dollars, you're gonna get more than you bargained for. I'm your goddamn partner

...

Indiana: Hello, Marion.

Marion: Indiana Jones. I always knew some day you'd come walking back through my door. I never doubted that. Something made it inevitable. So, what are you doing here in Nepal?

Indiana: I need one of the pieces your father collected.

[Marion surprises him with a right cross to the jaw]

Marion: I've learned to hate you in the last ten years.

Indiana: I never meant to hurt you.

Marion: I was a child. I was in love. It was wrong and you knew it.

Indiana: You knew what you were doing.

Marion: Now I do. This is my place. Get out.