Saturday, June 23, 2007

Bay TOWN <<--->> Bay CITY

The launch of Gemini 12 was 13334 weeks, 2 days, after this guy was born and I believe that is why I had Phoebe read those lines in "Fast Times At Ridgemont High." I recognize the space flight Gemini 12 as my first flight into space on 11/11/1966. I believe the orange and black color scheme on the mission patch represents that I was attending Princeton University at the time.

33-34

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eleazar_Wheelock

The Rev. Eleazar Wheelock (April 22, 1711 – April 24, 1779) was an American Congregational minister, orator, educator, and founder of Dartmouth College.



JOURNAL ARCHIVE: Saturday, December 16, 2006

As I feel something like doubt entering my mind that I have visited the moon Phoebe at Saturn, I come back to why, in my symbolic "memory," did I have a girlfriend named Phoebe. Early on a few months ago, the first thoughts I was having about this puzzle was when I "remembered" when I met Phoebe. I "remembered" that she sent me a letter later, writing that I should never forget when we met at that dance, because she never would. My theory is that "dance" is some kind of symbolic reference to all the moons that were circling Saturn and when I walked into the dance floor and and the other young women were standing on one side of the room, I picked her out from the crowd to dance with. There is also symbolism, I am thinking lately, to how a "dance" could refer to my interaction with the comet, that monstrous mountain of ice and rock. I forgot to write about this earlier, but I think my "memories" of creating a moonshine still with my buddy Randy Cole, when I was in about the 7th or 8th grade represents a device I used to create oxygen when I was on Callisto at Jupiter. That theory was reinforced when I remembered that scene from "Star Trek: First contact" where one of the engineers was holding that copper tubing and asked "Geordi" about it. Further reinforcing my theory about Callisto is the town of Bay City, Texas. I started studying the map of the town because it, along with Clemville and Sargent, have the zip code 77414. I have been thinking I returned to Earth on 4/14/77 and my last stop in the outer solar system before returning to Earth was Callisto at Jupiter. What made Bay City very interesting was a detail I noticed about the city streets. According to the map, the streets running north-south are Avenue A, Avenue B, and they follow that naming pattern through Avenue M. The notable exception to that naming pattern, on one map source, is the street that should be named Avenue C. Instead of Avenue C, though, it is named Avenue Calle, which makes me think of Callisto, the moon of Jupiter I believe I visited on 11/26/76. Even further reinforcing that theory is "Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home." That movie premiered on 11/26/86 and most notable, according to sources, is that "Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home," was the only original series Star Trek movie that premiered on a Wednesday, while all the others premiered on Fridays. My theory, based on "memories" of the day my step-brother died in a car-wreck on 11/25/86, that was the day I was declared killed-in-action after the Navy lost contact with me as I was escaping the Libyans in Africa. As for the Bay City, Texas area, I feel there are other clues there but haven't found them yet. It seems important that Highway 59 is nearby, which runs from Laredo, Texas, into Houston, and then continues north through Arkansas where I "remember" growing up. Quite the road trip.