Friday, June 08, 2007

Cool Runnings (1993)

The movie premiered on Friday, 10/1/1993. The following Wednesday, 10/6/1993, I was 34.59 years old. I have been thinking that I was on the gold-medal winning Canada bobsled team at the 1964 Innsbruck, although my first gold medal was the Luge and I am assuming that I raced under the guise of the unified German Olympic team. I don't actually remember any of that in the conventional sense but I assume I have these thoughts for a reason.

I was only 4.9 years old when that Innsbruck Olympics occurred, but thoughts have occurred to me that by the time I was 5 years old, I already had the mental capactity of a 20 year old. I don't remember that, but the thoughts occur to me. Other thoughts that the doctors thought I was autistic for a couple years, but then they realized I was highly intelligent for my age. I believe it was my performance in this Olympic event that got me into the space program. I don't remember any of that though and it feels as though I am just speculating.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0106611/

Cool Runnings (1993)

Release Date: 1 October 1993 (USA)




http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1964_Winter_Olympics

The 1964 Winter Olympics, officially known as the IX Olympic Winter Games, were celebrated in Innsbruck, Austria, from January 29 to February 9, 1964. The games included 1091 athletes from 36 nations, and the Olympic Torch was carried by Joseph Rieder, [1] a former alpine skier who had participated in the 1956 Winter Olympics.



This actor in that movie might form a 1-334 clue to that 1964 Innsbruck Olympics. I assume that 2/5/1964 is a relevant date to me and the Innsbruck Olympics.

From 3/8/1962 to 2/5/1964 is: 1 year, 334 days

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0502442/

Leon

Date of Birth: 8 March 1962

Cool Runnings (1993) (as Leon Robinson) .... Derice Bannock



This actor was born 5.93 years after 1/29/1964, which was the first day of the 1964 Innsbruck Winter Olympics.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0234791/

Doug E. Doug

Date of Birth: 7 January 1970

Cool Runnings (1993) .... Sanka Coffie



This actor also presents what seems to be a relevant clue to me and the first day of the 1964 Innsbruck Winter Olympics.

From 1/29/1964 to 9/17/1967 is: 3 years, 33 weeks

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0948272/

Malik Yoba

Date of Birth: 17 September 1967

Cool Runnings (1993) .... Yul Brenner



He was 13 years, 3 months, 3 days, old on 2/3/1964. I don't know if that particular day is relevant to me, or if I was just shooting for the time period of 1/29/1964 to 2/9/1964. I haven't found anything on the internet with details about the daily events of that Olympics. I am also assuming that I had anything to do with the creation of this movie, which would seem probable, but I don't actually remember anything about it.

From 10/31/1950 to 2/3/1964 is: 13 years, 3 months, 3 days

1-333

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001006/

John Candy

Date of Birth: 31 October 1950

Cool Runnings (1993) .... Irving 'Irv' Blitzer




http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cool_Runnings

Release date(s) October 1, 1993

Cool Runnings is a 1993 comedy film directed by Jon Turteltaub. It is loosely based on the exploits of the Jamaican Bobsled Team at Calgary, Alberta in the 1988 Winter Olympics. It stars Leon Robinson, Doug E. Doug, Malik Yoba, Rawle D. Lewis and John Candy. It is currently out on DVD.

Irving Blitzer (Candy) is an American bobsled double gold medallist at the 1968 Winter Olympics, who finished first in two events again in 1972 but was disqualified for cheating and retired in disgrace to Jamaica, where he leads a destitute life as a bookie. He is approached by top 100 m runner Derice Bannock (Leon) and two fellow sprinters (Yoba and Lewis), who had all failed to qualify for the 1988 Summer Olympics when Lewis tripped at the trials, and a pushcart driving champion Sanka (Doug), who all wish to use his previous experience as a coach in order to compete in the Winter Olympics as bobsledders.

The first half of the movie centers on Jamaica and assembling and training the team. After Blizter is convinced to coach the team, the three months of practice begins, initially resulting in embarrassment. However, the four men get used to the sport and make their way to Calgary and the Olympics.

The second half of the movie is the drama of the Olympics, and the fish-out-of-water scenario of the laid-back tropical Jamaicans in both the white-dominated sport and the cold of Calgary winter. The Jamaicans' first day on the track results in, once more, embarrassment, and a last-place finish. The second day would prove better; the Jamaican team finished with an incredible time and put themselves in eighth position. For the first half of the final day's race it looked as though they would break the world bobsled speed record, until tragedy struck; their rickety sled (an old practice sled Blitzer acquired from the US team) fell apart towards the end of their run, leaving them mere meters short of the finish line. However, the team lifted their sled up and walked across the finish line to rousing applause from onlookers, even antagonists such as Junior's father (who proudly bears his a Jamaican bobsled team T-shirt beneath his jacket), Josef Grull (East German driver who had ridiculed the Jamaicans constantly) and one of the members of the Olympic alliance. The team, at the end, feels accomplished enough to return in four years to the next winter Olympics, which they did, though neither they, nor any other team in the world, has ever come close to matching the run in which their sled fell apart.