Sunday, June 10, 2007

"The Greatest American Hero" (1981)

I recognize the date 11/2/1975 as when I launched into space on my mission to intercept the comet in the outer solar system. I made port visits along the way to the planet Mars, the Saturn moon Phoebe, the comet surface on 7/2/1976, and the Jupiter moon Callisto before I returned to Earth on 4/14/1977.

From 11/2/1975 to 3/18/1981 is: 1963 days

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0081871/

"The Greatest American Hero" (1981)
TV-Series 1981-1983

Release Date: 18 March 1981 (USA)




This could be a clue that represents the date 5/1/1967, which I recognize as when I first flew a fighter jet aircraft by myself. As a clue, it is only off by 7 days. As a notion, I believe it represents that I love flying almost as much as I love Phoebe. This notion might also have reinforced the idea I had been married before I was married to Phoebe, along with how I went to the Earth's moon before the Saturn moon Phoebe. The idea being that flying was my first love. I still love both, but if I had to make a choice, I would choose Phoebe every time. I believe I cast Debra Winger as the love interest "Paula" in "An Officer And A Gentleman" for the same reason.

From 3/3/1959 to 5/1/1967 is: 2981 days
From 5/25/1955 to 7/16/1963 is: 2974 days

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0783314/

Connie Sellecca

Date of Birth: 25 May 1955

"The Greatest American Hero" .... Pam Davidson / ... (43 episodes, 1981-1986)



This actor is precisely 395 months older than Phoebe. I guess that is supposed to be an artisitic device to reflect that he is the direct opposite of Phoebe since '395' is a backwards '593.' That is obvious, of course, when you compare the two, but it is interesting to consider why an artistic device such as that would be used here. I believe it is because the character William Katt portrays is supposed to represent me somehow. The character Connie Selleca portrays represents my real life love interest in Phoebe.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0191685/

Robert Culp

Date of Birth: 16 August 1930

"The Greatest American Hero" .... Bill Maxwell / ... (44 episodes, 1981-1986)



http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0081871/plotsummary

Plot summary for

"The Greatest American Hero" (1981)

A pair of strangers, liberal high-school teacher Ralph Hinkley and right-wing FBI agent Bill Maxwell, have a close encounter in the Southern California desert one night with "little green men", who give our heroes a red superhero suit. The suit works only for Ralph, and the two, accompanied by Ralph's cute lawyer girlfriend Pam, reluctantly team up to battle criminals. Problems ensue when Ralph loses the suit's instruction book, so he had to master the suit's powers on his own. Written by Marty McKee
{mmckee@wkio.com}

Ralph Hinkley was minding his own business, a teacher on a field trip with his high school students, when the bus he's driving mysteriously drives itself out into the desert. A startled Ralph is soon visited by aliens, who had decided to endow him with superhuman powers to fight the battle against injustice and crime. To this end, they gave him a special suit and an instruction manual. Unfortunately, Ralph managed to lose the instruction manual, and the aliens have a nasty habit of never being around when you need them. Written by Murray Chapman
{muzzle@cs.uq.oz.au}