Thursday, June 07, 2007

The U.S. Navy "Blue Angels"

















http://www.navy.mil/management/photodb/photos/070605-N-5328N-339.jpg

070605-N-5328N-339 PENSACOLA, Fla. (June 5, 2007) - The U.S. Navy "Blue Angels" fly over the Battle of Midway commemoration ceremony at the Center for Information Dominance (CID) Corry Station. Nine veterans of the Battle of Midway joined hundreds of CID Sailors, Soldiers, Airmen, Marines, Coast Guardsmen and guests in the commemoration, held annually to celebrate the decisive victory at Midway. U.S. Navy photo by Gary Nichols (RELEASED)


Hell, that part about the flight instructor kissing "Paula" in the bar was probably closer to reality with me and Phoebe, at the time. Although I was a Midshipman at the U.S. Naval Academy, I was a Vietnam veteran combat pilot, even though none of the other Midshipman would have known that. I have been thinking I was flying with the U.S. Navy Blue Angels at the time, too, so maybe that is why I was creating those clues about how close Phoebe and I were. The Blue Angels fly very close together.

I also noted the scene in "An Officer And A Gentleman" where the blonde chick says she always wanted to meet "one of those Blue Angels."