Saturday, November 26, 2011

All right, since you got me tagged as the Chief, which I will not elaborate more about for at least a day, here's why they did the "doughnuts" scene.




Back in 1999, when I was in that infamous Presentations Skills class at Microsoft, which Suzanne Morgan called me in my office to ask me to attend, because an open seat became available and I was one person on the standby list for that class, the teacher had us engaged in a specific exercise in the class. The exercise consisted primarily of two people and for my turn I was the person standing in front of the class posing as the presenter and another guy in the class named Grimes was the other person. His role was to not make eye-contact with me regardless of what I was saying and my objective was to try to get him to make eye contact with me. To make a long story short, I never did get him to make eye contact with me but there was a point where I almost did. I was thinking as I was standing there in front of the class to try to get him to look at me and the point where he almost looked at me was when I made a reference to the shirt I was wearing and about how I had spilled some lunch, which he and I had gone to earlier, on the front of my shirt when I was eating. I almost got him to look at me with that but he never did. The teacher of the class asked me about after the videotaped exercise ended and I explained to her what I was referring to with my shirt. I wasn't wearing a Ralph Lauren shirt but I did wear Ralph Lauren shirts at Microsoft for a while. That was sometime later though. Suzanne Morgan's buddy Laura was giving me a hard time about my shirts. I didn't really think anything about it when I bought the shirts. I was just in a department store and I looked around until I found something I thought I wanted to wear and so that was what I bought. I think those were Ralph Lauren. I usually bought several items at one time so I didn't have to spend more time in the store. The logo on the shirt in that "Friends" episode looked familiar.