Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Dark City (1998)




Having just now paused the DVD for the 1998 film "Dark City," as I watch it again tonight, for some reason, I was thinking about an earlier scene where the character "Murdoch," who is the starring character of the film, leaps over the balcony to escape from "Bumstead" the police detective and I was thinking about how that detail reminds me of that recent dream I had. I had completely forgotten about that trivial detail from a movie I have watched probably no more than five times. I had not thought about it once since I had the dream. And the only detail that really matches, although it is consistent in one other regard, is about how he leaps over a stairwell railing but only that very precise detail matches with what I did in my dream. So anyway, I paused the DVD at the forty seven point because I just finished eating a mediocre frozen pizza and I decided to look closer at that date and then to make this official statement.










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0101701/releaseinfo

IMDb

The Internet Movie Database

Release dates for

Delirious (1991)

Country Date

USA 9 August 1991



http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0101701/plotsummary

IMDb

The Internet Movie Database

Plot Summary for

Delirious (1991)


Jack is the head writer for a successful soap opera, and he's sweet on the show's star, lovely Laura. It's easy for everyone but Jack to see that she's playing him for a sap. But a conk on the head brings Jack some new insights - and some new powers. He finds himself in Ashford Falls, site of his fictional soap opera -- and everything he writes comes true! It's a fantastic opportunity to get Rachel, Laura's character, to fall in love with him. But life isn't easy even in the fictional world, and even when you're the author!










http://www.cswap.com/1998/Dark_City/cap/en/25fps/a/00_26

Dark City


:26:03
-How is he?
-The same.

:26:06
Walenski? It's me, Frank.

:26:15
Come in, Frank.

:26:19
Close the door.

:26:28
I've been looking through
some of your old reports.

:26:31
It's an interesting case.

:26:34
Kind that make a man's career.

:26:39
-Or break it.
-Yeah. I was on that case.

:26:42
And then what?
What happened then, Eddie?

:26:46
Nothing happened, Frank.

:26:48
I've just been spending time
in the subway,

:26:50
riding in circles.

:26:52
Thinking in circles.
There's no way out.

:26:58
I've been over this entire city.

:27:04
You're scaring your wife
to death, Eddie.

:27:06
She's not my wife.

:27:09
I don't know who she is
or who any of us are.

:27:12
-What makes you say that?
-You think about the past much?

:27:17
As much as the next guy.

:27:19
See, I've been trying
to remember things--

:27:22
clearly remember things
from my past.

:27:25
But the more
I try to think back,

:27:27
the more it all starts
to unravel.

:27:30
None of it seems real.

:27:31
It's like I've just
been dreaming this life,

:27:35
and when I finally wake up,
I'll be somebody else,

:27:38
somebody totally different.

:27:44
You saw something,
didn't you, Eddie.

:27:47
Something to do with the case.

:27:50
There is no case!
There never was!

:27:54
It's all just a big joke!
It's a joke!

:28:37
Tonight's requirements are...

:28:38
12 family photo albums,

:28:42
nine personal diaries,

:28:44
17 love letters,

:28:46
assorted childhood photographs,

:28:48
requisite false I.D.s
and social security cards.










From 8/9/1991 ( premiere US film "Delirious" ) To 2/27/1998 ( RACKETEER INFLUENCED AND CORRUPT ORGANIZATIONS US Title 18 - premiere US film "Dark City" ) is 2394 days

2394 = 1197 + 1197

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official Deputy United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 2/11/1969 ( Jennifer Aniston ) is 1197 days



From 3/16/1991 ( date hijacked from me:my first successful major test of my hyperspace matter transportation device as Kerry Wayne Burgess the successful Ph.D. graduate Columbia South Carolina ) To 2/27/1998 ( RACKETEER INFLUENCED AND CORRUPT ORGANIZATIONS US Title 18 - premiere US film "Dark City" ) is 2540 days

2540 = 1270 + 1270

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official Deputy United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 4/25/1969 ( Renee Zellweger ) is 1270 days



From 3/16/1991 ( date hijacked from me:my first successful major test of my hyperspace matter transportation device as Kerry Wayne Burgess the successful Ph.D. graduate Columbia South Carolina ) To 2/27/1998 ( RACKETEER INFLUENCED AND CORRUPT ORGANIZATIONS US Title 18 - premiere US film "Dark City" ) is 2540 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official Deputy United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 10/16/1972 ( Leo G. Carroll - deceased ) is 2540 days



From 6/5/1947 ( premiere US film "The Unfaithful" ) To 2/27/1998 ( RACKETEER INFLUENCED AND CORRUPT ORGANIZATIONS US Title 18 - premiere US film "Dark City" ) is 18530 days

18530 = 9265 + 9265

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official Deputy United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 3/16/1991 ( date hijacked from me:my first successful major test of my hyperspace matter transportation device as Kerry Wayne Burgess the successful Ph.D. graduate Columbia South Carolina ) is 9265 days



From 8/7/1975 ( Charlize Theron ) To 2/27/1998 ( RACKETEER INFLUENCED AND CORRUPT ORGANIZATIONS US Title 18 - premiere US film "Dark City" ) is 8240 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official Deputy United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 5/25/1988 ( premiere US film "Rambo III" ) is 8240 days



From 10/3/1993 ( the Battle of Mogadishu Somalia begins as the premeditated criminal event staged by George Herbert Walker Bush & Bill Clinton for the explicit purpose of murdering me Kerry Wayne Burgess the known official Deputy United States Marshal and United States Marine Corps Warrant Officer and as many other United States of America soldiers sailors marines as possible ) To 2/27/1998 ( RACKETEER INFLUENCED AND CORRUPT ORGANIZATIONS US Title 18 - premiere US film "Dark City" ) is 1608 days

1608 = 804 + 804

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official Deputy United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 1/15/1968 ( premiere US TV series episode "Cowboy in Africa"::"African Rodeo - Part 1" ) is 804 days



From 12/21/1935 ( premiere US film "Man of Iron" ) To 2/27/1998 ( RACKETEER INFLUENCED AND CORRUPT ORGANIZATIONS US Title 18 - premiere US film "Dark City" ) is 22714 days

22714 = 11357 + 11357

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official Deputy United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 12/6/1996 ( premiere US film "Jerry Maguire" ) is 11357 days





http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0118929/releaseinfo

IMDb

The Internet Movie Database

Release dates for

Dark City (1998)

Country Date

USA 27 February 1998
UK 29 May 1998










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0118929/quotes

IMDb

The Internet Movie Database

Memorable quotes for

Dark City (1998)


Husselbeck: Everything Detective Walenski committed to paper should be here.

Inspector Frank Bumstead: The only thing that should be committed is Wolenski.










http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001991/bio

IMDb

The Internet Movie Database

Biography for

Leo G. Carroll

Date of Birth

25 October 1886, Weedon, England, UK

Date of Death

16 October 1972

Birth Name

Leo Gratten Carroll










http://www.divxmoviesenglishsubtitles.com/D/Dark_City.html


Dark City


Johnny?
It's been so damn long,
I thought you'd forgotten|your Uncle Karl.
You son of a gun!
Uncle Karl...
Wait.
-Is that me?|-Yeah.
Shell Beach is where|I grew up?
That's what I said.|Shell Beach.










http://www.divxmoviesenglishsubtitles.com/D/Dark_City.html

Dark City


-Where you headed, chief?|-Home.
And where's home?
Haven't you mugs got|anything better to do?
I'm just doing my job, May.
There's a killer out there.
Look for him|instead of cooling your heels.
Go on. Get out of here.
Come on.
What's that make so far?|Six hookers in all?
-I believe so, sir.|-Give the man an "A" for effort.
So, Husselbeck,
what kind of killer do you think|stops to save a dying fish?
-Got me, sir.|-Bumstead.
What took you? This killer's|been running circles around us,
thanks to Walenski.
With all due respect,|Chief Inspector,
I've known Eddie a long time,|and he's a good cop.
Whatever kind of cop|Walenski once was...
he let drift a long time ago.
Let me talk to Bumstead!
Come on! Hold on!
Frank!
-Get his arm !|-They're watching us!
-On your feet!|-There's no way out!
God, can't you see?
Let me go!|I'm not going to hurt you.
-What was that?|-Walenski.










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0026674/releaseinfo

IMDb

The Internet Movie Database

Release dates for

Man of Iron (1935)

Country Date

USA 21 December 1935










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0116695/releaseinfo

IMDb

The Internet Movie Database

Release dates for

Jerry Maguire (1996)

Country Date

USA 6 December 1996 (New York City, New York) (premiere)










http://www.divxmoviesenglishsubtitles.com/D/Dark_City.html


Dark City


Closing time.|The pool is now closed.
Most unfortunate it is...
that we were forced|to seek you out here.
You know how uncomfortable|we find all this moisture.
-I'm sorry. I--|-Failed to report in, yes?
I was frightened.|I have a weak heart, you know.
Your weakness is not, we think,|an affair of the heart.
We found this in his hotel room.
Must we reproduce|Mr. Murdoch's memories again?
I tried to reprint him,|but he woke up.
He knocked the syringe|right out of my hand.
-He has no memories, then?|-Only fragments.
The procedure,|it was interrupted.
I guess it's only a matter|of rounding him up.
You have had strays|before, right?
This is no stray, Doctor.|This one can Tune.
But that's impossible.|Only you have that ability.
You will process|another template...
of the subject's memories, yes?
Of course.|I'll imprint him again.
We require them|for a quite different purpose.
It's almost midnight,|Dr. Schreber.
We'll talk again|after tonight's Tuning,
but no more delays, yes?
No more inconsistencies|in your behavior.
[ Mr. Hand: You appear quite frail, Doctor. Perhaps some exercise will do you good. ]