Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Greer




http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000098/bio

IMDb

The Internet Movie Database

Biography for

Jennifer Aniston

Date of Birth

11 February 1969, Sherman Oaks, California, USA










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: From: Kerry Burgess

To: Kerry Burgess

Sent: Wed, February 8, 2006 6:45:11 PM

Subject: Re: Captain's sleep journal. Stardate: Febuary the crappyth


Kerry Burgess wrote:


This imaginary girlfriend routine is kind of fun, but with all these actors around me, who knows what is the reality. What I really want to avoid is encouraging people to stalk women on TV. No one should take seriously the perceived affections of a person on TV.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 8 February 2006 excerpt ends]





JOURNAL ARCHIVE: From: Kerry Burgess

To: Kerry Burgess

Sent: Wed, February 8, 2006 6:45:11 PM

Subject: Re: Captain's sleep journal. Stardate: Febuary the crappyth


Even if Lily is as nice in person as she seems to be on TV, I'm beginning to think I shouldn't pursue it. I've been feeling confident this thing could actually be real, but that is actually a real problem. So many people are watching what I do in private so they can try to mimic my success. If I talk to a pretty woman on TV while sitting in my living room and then end up spending the foreseeable future finding ways to make her smile in a real relationship, then there are going to be other people out there trying the same thing. And after that Tacoma Mall terrorist, I just think this is all a bad idea.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 8 February 2006 excerpt ends]










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: Posted by H.V.O.M at 4:30 AM Tuesday, August 23, 2011


I was cured, all right.





I can still recall standing in the backyard of my house that I was very proud to own in Country Club Estates in Greer South Carolina. My property had a lot of trees and I wanted to cut down the trees and I can still recall standing there in the backyard with my father-in-law. We were there in the middle of the day. There were no distant stars in the sky. My father-in-law discussed with me the best strategy for cutting down the trees on the edges of my property and which included pine trees and some other very tall trees. He brought a winch with him and, while attaching the cable as high up on the pine tree as possible, he would cut into the pine tree slowly with the chain saw and I would winch in the cable so that the tree was pulled towards me so that we could cause the tree to fall into my yard instead of falling onto my neighbors lawn.

I can still recall standing there in the north east corner of my property and there were no distant stars visible in the day time sky and I was facing him as he cut into a pine tree with the chain saw and I was pulling the lever handle with the plastic cover on the winch back and forth and at one point, the tree must have been falling the wrong direction, although that did not happen in my memory, and the rope that fastened the winch to the tree I was next to and that anchored the winch suddenly snapped and I was standing there and I saw the winch shoot towards my father-in-law and I remember how sudden that happened and I was standing there and the winch had shot away from me and I was standing there holding only the plastic cover that had been on the lever of the winch and I remember vividly how even though I was surprised at how the winch assembly had shot away from me I was still able to quickly call out a warning to him that the winch was shooting towards him.

That must have been the same pine tree that caused me to go to the doctor the next day because a large piece of bark fell down the tree as I was looking up at it and it hit my open eye. We were trying to get the rope as high as possible on the tree, creating a pivot point, and the rope caused a piece of bark of the pine tree to fall down as I was looking up and it hit my open eye. The next day at work I looked in a mirror and I was concerned about how that damage appeared to my eye so I went to see a doctor in Greer South Carolina. The doctor told me he was using a fluorescent substance to determine if there was any damage to the ocular surface, or whatever he said specifically, and I felt stupid that I did not immediately recognize that the substance he was using was based on the substance that is used in the United States Navy survival gear, which was a detail he told me after I had told him about how I had once been in the United States Navy.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 23 August 2011 excerpt ends]










http://www.imfdb.org/index.php/Smith_%26_Wesson_Model_66

Smith & Wesson Model 66

The Smith & Wesson Model 66 is a stainless Steel version of the Smith & Wesson Model 19, which was their .357 magnum version of the Model 15. Both the Model 19 (which is seen in either blued or nickel plated versions) and the stainless Steel Model 66 are referred to as "Combat Magnums". The term "Combat Masterpiece" only refers to either the Model 15 or its Stainless Steel version, the Model 67.


Specifications

Type: Revolver

Caliber: .38 Special, .357 Magnum

Capacity: 6 round cylinder

Fire Modes: Single shot (Double Action Revolver)










[ Bill Gates-Microsoft-Corbis-Nazi the cowardly International Terrorist Organization violently against the United States federal government actively instigate insurrection and subversive activity against the United States federal government with all Bill Gates-Microsoft-Corbis-Nazi staff partners contributors employees contractors lawyers managers of any capacity as severely treasonous criminal accomplices and that are active unlawful obstructions, combinations, or assemblages, or rebellion against the authority of the United States that actively make it impracticable to enforce the laws of the United States in the United States and in the Severely Treasonous and Criminally Rebellious State of Washington by the ordinary course of judicial proceedings ]


http://www.divxmoviesenglishsubtitles.com/O/Out_of_Sight_Collector_Edition.html

Out of Sight [ RACKETEER INFLUENCED AND CORRUPT ORGANIZATIONS US Title 18 ]


Stop! Put your hands in the air!










http://www.tv.com/shows/the-walking-dead/what-lies-ahead-1395020

tv.com


The Walking Dead

Season 2, Episode 1

What Lies Ahead

Air Date

Sunday October 16, 2011


Andrea stabs the walker in the eye










http://www.divxmoviesenglishsubtitles.com/F/Friends_-_5x22_-_The_One_With_Joeys_Big_Break.html


Friends - 5x22 - The One With Joeys Big Break


Oh, my God. What does that thing do?
- An eye removal machine.|- I'm out of here.
I'm kidding.
Rachel, I'm Dr. Miller.
Monica said you were nervous.|Everything will be fine.
- So we're done.|- Almost, but first we gotta start.
This is a glaucoma test. Sit down.
Put your chin here.
Now, you'll feel a small puff of air|in each eye.
What?
A small puff of air.|Now, come on!
Here we go.
One, two, three.
I'm sorry. All right.
I'm gonna stay in here this time.
Ready?
- One, two...|- I'm sorry.
You know what?|I'm gonna hold her head.










From 1/19/1993 ( in Asheville North Carolina as Deputy United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess I was seriously wounded by gunfire when I returned fatal gunfire to a fugitive ) To 5/13/1999 ( premiere US TV series episode "Friends"::"The One with Joey's Big Break" ) is 2305 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official Deputy United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 2/24/1972 ( the Soviet Union nuclear powered fleet ballistic missile submarine K-19 was disabled by fire with many fatalities from the crew of the submarine ) is 2305 days



From 12/7/1944 ( the Convention on International Civil Aviation ) To 5/13/1999 ( premiere US TV series episode "Friends"::"The One with Joey's Big Break" ) is 19880 days

19880 = 9940 + 9940

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official Deputy United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 1/19/1993 ( in Asheville North Carolina as Deputy United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess I was seriously wounded by gunfire when I returned fatal gunfire to a fugitive from United States federal justice who was another criminal sent by Bill Gates-Nazi-Microsoft-George Bush the cowardly violent criminal in another attempt to murder me the known official Deputy United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) is 9940 days



From 5/18/1940 ( premiere US film "Flight Angels" ) To 5/13/1999 ( premiere US TV series episode "Friends"::"The One with Joey's Big Break" ) is 21544 days

21544 = 10772 + 10772

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official Deputy United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 5/1/1995 ( in active subversion of the constitution of the United States of America a United States Navy fleet ballistic missile submarine was ordered by the racketeer Microsoft Bill Gates to launch a salvo of atomic bomb warheads to destroy Seattle Washington and Redmond Washington and the surrounding region and that nuclear weapons launch authorization was ordered personally by Bill Clinton the active ongoing accomplice of al-Qaida violently against the United States of America ) is 10772 days



From 9/15/1950 ( premiere US film "Devil's Doorway" ) To 5/13/1999 ( premiere US TV series episode "Friends"::"The One with Joey's Big Break" ) is 17772 days

17772 = 8886 + 8886

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official Deputy United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 3/2/1990 ( RACKETEER INFLUENCED AND CORRUPT ORGANIZATIONS US Title 18 - premiere US film "The Hunt for Red October" ) is 8886 days



From 8/18/1948 ( Joseph Marcell ) To 5/13/1999 ( premiere US TV series episode "Friends"::"The One with Joey's Big Break" ) is 18530 days

18530 = 9265 + 9265

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official Deputy United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 3/16/1991 ( date hijacked from me:my first successful major test of my hyperspace matter transportation device as Kerry Wayne Burgess the successful Ph.D. graduate Columbia South Carolina ) is 9265 days



From 10/2/1948 ( Avery Brooks ) To 5/13/1999 ( premiere US TV series episode "Friends"::"The One with Joey's Big Break" )(Thursday) is 18485 days

18485 = 1 + 9242 + 9242

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official Deputy United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 2/21/1991 ( international organized crime event - premiere United Kingdom TV series "The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air" ) is 9242 days



From 1/7/1945 ( premiere US film "Lightning Raiders" ) To 5/13/1999 ( premiere US TV series episode "Friends"::"The One with Joey's Big Break" )(Thursday) is 19849 days

19849 = 1 + 9924 + 9924

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official Deputy United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 1/3/1993 ( RACKETEER INFLUENCED AND CORRUPT ORGANIZATIONS US Title 18 - premiere US TV series "Star Trek: Deep Space Nine"::series premiere episode "Emissary" ) is 9924 days



From 3/10/1959 ( premiere United Kingdom film "Carry on Nurse" ) To 5/13/1999 ( premiere US TV series episode "Friends"::"The One with Joey's Big Break" ) is 14674 days

14674 = 7337 + 7337

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official Deputy United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 12/4/1985 ( premiere United Kingdom film "Back to the Future" & premiere US film "The Jewel of the Nile" & premiere US film "Young Sherlock Holmes" ) is 7337 days



From 8/1/1980 ( premiere US film "The Final Countdown" ) To 5/13/1999 ( premiere US TV series episode "Friends"::"The One with Joey's Big Break" ) is 6859 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official Deputy United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 8/13/1984 ( premiere US TV movie "Call to Glory" ) is 6859 days



From 1/24/1985 ( the United States Navy submarine warship USS George Washington SSN 598 formerly SSBN 598 decommissioned from United States Navy active service ) To 5/13/1999 ( premiere US TV series episode "Friends"::"The One with Joey's Big Break" ) is 5222 days

5222 = 2611 + 2611

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official Deputy United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 12/26/1972 ( Harry S. Truman - deceased ) is 2611 days



From 1/24/1942 ( premiere US film "The Fleet's In" ) To 5/13/1999 ( premiere US TV series episode "Friends"::"The One with Joey's Big Break" ) is 20928 days

20928 = 10464 + 10464

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official Deputy United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 6/27/1994 ( United States Navy Fleet Admiral Thomas Reagan the pilot and plane crash survivor along with me Kerry Wayne Burgess - circa 1990 also known for official duty as Wayne Newman the Chief Deputy United States Marshal and the active duty commissioned officer of the United States Marine Corps - and the other Lockheed L-1011 aircraft passengers and crew murdered in a scheduled terrorism-sabotage attack by Bill Gates-Nazi-Microsoft-Corbis-NASA-George Bush the cowardly violent criminal by causing the external mounted Orbital Sciences Pegasus space satellite booster rocket to explode under our aircraft ) is 10464 days





http://www.tv.com/shows/friends/the-one-with-joeys-big-break-463

tv.com


Friends

Season 5, Episode 22

The One with Joey's Big Break

Air Date

Thursday May 13, 1999


Joey seems to have finally hit big when he gets offered a lead part in a movie shooting outside of Las Vegas. However, when Chandler begins expressing doubts about the film's legitimacy, it causes a rift in their friendship.










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0583524/quotes

IMDb

The Internet Movie Database

Memorable quotes for

"Friends"

The One with Joey's Big Break (1999)


Phoebe: [about Ross] I'm trying not to be mad at him, but man that guy can push my buttons.

Monica: Why are so mad at him?

Phoebe: Look, I don't wanna talk about it. Okay?

Monica: Well, it just seems that...

Phoebe: You wanna be on my list too? Keep talking. Has anyone seen my list by the way?

Chandler: Uh, no Pheebs. What's it look like?

Phoebe: It's a piece of paper and it says "Ross" on it.










http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flash_blindness


Flash blindness


Flash blindness is visual impairment during and following exposure to a light flash of extremely high intensity.


Cause

Flash blindness is caused by bleaching (oversaturation) of the retinal pigment. As the pigment returns to normal, so too does sight. In daylight the eye's pupil constricts, thus reducing the amount of light entering after a flash. At night, the dark-adapted pupil is wide open so flash blindness has a greater effect and lasts for a longer time.

Temporary vs. permanent

Is flash blindness temporary or permanent?

Some sources such as NATO and the U.S. Department of Defense state that "flash blindness" can be temporary or permanent.


The bright initial flash of a nuclear weapon is the first indication of a nuclear explosion, traveling faster than the blast wave or sound wave. "A 1-megaton explosion can cause flash blindness at distances as great as 13 miles on a clear day, or 53 miles on a clear night. If the intensity is great enough, a permanent retinal burn will result."


It is unclear whether pain is directly associated with flash blindness. Reaction to flash blindness can be discomforting and disorienting. The retina has no pain receptors, so reports of pain may be due to more psychological reactions.










http://www.navy.mil/management/photodb/photos/090731-N-1325N-001.jpg

NAVY.mil

Official Website of the UNITED STATES NAVY

090731-N-1325N-001 KITSAP, Wash. (July 31, 2009) The Ohio-class ballistic missile submarine USS Alabama (SSBN 731) cycles it's missile hatches during the ships return from a deterrent patrol while the tugs Catahecassa and Mitchell Herbert guide the submarine to be moored at the Delta Pier on board Naval Base Kitsap. (U.S. Navy photo by Ray Narimatsu/Released)


http://www.navy.mil/view_photos_top.asp

090731-N-1325N-001










http://www.divxmoviesenglishsubtitles.com/F/Friends_-_5x22_-_The_One_With_Joeys_Big_Break.html


Friends - 5x22 - The One With Joeys Big Break


A small puff of air.|Now, come on!
Here we go.
One, two, three.
I'm sorry. All right.
I'm gonna stay in here this time.
Ready?
- One, two...|- I'm sorry.
You know what?|I'm gonna hold her head.
That's okay.
I'm sorry.
You're young.|You don't have glaucoma.
So it was very, very nice|to meet you, sir.
What are you...|Are you crazy?
You got a small, minor infection|in that left eye.










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0032476/releaseinfo

IMDb

The Internet Movie Database

Release dates for

Flight Angels (1940)

Country Date

USA 18 May 1940



http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0032476/plotsummary

IMDb

The Internet Movie Database

Plot Summary for

Flight Angels (1940)


Federal Airlines ace pilot Chick Faber is grounded by Flight Superintendent Bill Graves when a doctor says his eyesight is failing. Aided by Mary Norvell and Nan Hudson, Graves persuades Chick to take a job as teacher in the school for airline hostesses, and Chick and Mary get married. He learns that the Army is going to test a stratosphere plane that he and Artie Dixon designed and feels that he should make the first flight but permission is refused.










http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1944

Wikipedia


1944


December 7 – Chicago Convention signed to create the ICAO.



http://www.icao.int/icaonet/dcs/7300.html


ICAO DOCUMENTS

Convention on International Civil Aviation


Convention on International Civil Aviation (also known as Chicago Convention), was signed on 7 December 1944 by 52 States.



http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/International_Civil_Aviation_Organization

Wikipedia


International Civil Aviation Organization


The International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO), is a specialized agency of the United Nations. It codifies the principles and techniques of international air navigation and fosters the planning and development of international air transport to ensure safe and orderly growth. Its headquarters are located in the Quartier International of Montreal, Quebec, Canada.

The ICAO Council adopts standards and recommended practices concerning air navigation, its infrastructure, flight inspection, prevention of unlawful interference, and facilitation of border-crossing procedures for international civil aviation. In addition, the ICAO defines the protocols for air accident investigation followed by transport safety authorities in countries signatory to the Convention on International Civil Aviation, commonly known as the Chicago Convention.


The ICAO standardizes machine-readable passports worldwide. Such passports have an area where some of the information otherwise written in textual form is written as strings of alphanumeric characters, printed in a manner suitable for optical character recognition. This enables border controllers and other law enforcement agents to process such passports quickly, without having to input the information manually into a computer. ICAO publishes Doc 9303, Machine Readable Travel Documents, the technical standard for machine-readable passports. A more recent standard is for biometric passports. These contain biometrics to authenticate the identity of travellers. The passport's critical information is stored on a tiny RFID computer chip, much like information stored on smartcards. Like some smartcards, the passport book design calls for an embedded contactless chip that is able to hold digital signature data to ensure the integrity of the passport and the biometric data.

Communication, Navigation, Surveillance / Air Traffic Management (CNS/ATM) systems are communications, navigation, and surveillance systems, employing digital technologies, including satellite systems together with various levels of automation, applied in support of a seamless global air traffic management system.

Registered codes

Both ICAO and IATA have their own airport and airline code systems. ICAO uses 4-letter airport codes (vs. IATA's 3-letter codes). The ICAO code is based on the region and country of the airport—for example, Charles de Gaulle Airport has an ICAO code of LFPG, where L indicates Southern Europe, F, France, PG, Paris de Gaulle, while Orly Airport has the code LFPO (the 3rd letter sometimes refers to the particular flight information region (FIR) or the last two may be arbitrary). In the most of the world, the ICAO and IATA codes are unrelated—for example, Charles de Gaulle Airport has an IATA code of CDG and Orly, ORY. However, the location prefix for continental United States is K and the ICAO codes are usually the IATA code with this prefix—for example, the ICAO code for LAX is KLAX.





http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ICAO_airport_code

Wikipedia


International Civil Aviation Organization airport code


The ICAO airport code or location indicator is a four-character alphanumeric code designating each airport around the world. These codes are defined by the International Civil Aviation Organization, and published in ICAO Document 7910: Location Indicators.

The ICAO codes are used by air traffic control and airline operations such as flight planning. They are not the same as the IATA codes encountered by the general public, which are used for airline timetables, reservations, and baggage handling. IATA codes are usually derived from the name of the airport or the city it serves, while ICAO codes are distributed by region and country. For example, travellers who use London's Heathrow Airport will most likely be familiar with its IATA code: LHR. They are less likely, however, to be familiar with the ICAO code: EGLL.

ICAO codes are also used to identify other locations such as weather stations, International Flight Service Stations or Area Control Centers, whether or not they are located at airports.





http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_airports_by_ICAO_code:_K#K_-_United_States_of_America

Wikipedia


List of airports by ICAO code: K


K - United States

Also see airport category and list.

The prefix K is (mostly) reserved for the continental United States. The ICAO codes for these airports are usually the FAA location identifier prefixed with a K. IATA codes are listed where applicable. Cities shown are those associated with the airport as per the FAA, this may not always be the exact location as airports are often located in smaller towns outside the cities they serve.
Format of entries is:

ICAO (IATA) – Airport Name – Airport Location (U.S. city and state)





http://www.airnav.com/airport/KSEA

AirNav.com


KSEA Seattle-Tacoma International Airport

Seattle, Washington, USA










http://www.divxmoviesenglishsubtitles.com/F/Friends_-_5x22_-_The_One_With_Joeys_Big_Break.html


Friends - 5x22 - The One With Joeys Big Break


What are you doing here?
Joey kicked me out of the car|on the bridge.
- Why?|- I don't know. He went crazy.
We played that game where you|ask questions and answer fast.
That game should not be played|without my supervision.










http://www.cswap.com/1980/The_Final_Countdown/cap/en/2_Parts/a/00_26

The Final Countdown


:27:04
Lloyd, tape and monitor
all transmissions.

:27:06
Ops, I want a closer look on all air,
surface and subsurface contacts

:27:10
within 250 miles
of this ship.

:27:12
Dick, put some tankers and a medium-sized
strike force on a 30-minute alert.

:27:15
- Aye, aye, sir.
- Any questions?

:27:17
Skipper, the ship is still at general quarters.
Request permission to go to condition 3.

:27:21
Granted. I'll be on the Bridge.
I want answers.










http://www.divxmoviesenglishsubtitles.com/F/Friends_-_5x22_-_The_One_With_Joeys_Big_Break.html


Friends - 5x22 - The One With Joeys Big Break


Rach, we'll be late|for the eye doctor.
All right. Let's get this over with.
Look what I did.
I mean, look at this mess.
We're gonna probably have to|clean this up.
I mean, we're gonna have to reschedule!
If you thought that this mess|was gonna bother me, you are wrong!










http://www.divxmoviesenglishsubtitles.com/H/Hunt_For_Red_October_CD1.html


Hunt For Red October [ RACKETEER INFLUENCED AND CORRUPT ORGANIZATIONS US Title 18 ]


What are these doors?
Those doors, sir, are the problem.





http://www.divxmoviesenglishsubtitles.com/H/Hunt_For_Red_October_CD1.html


Hunt For Red October


This...
This could be a caterpillar.
A what?
Uh, a caterpillar drive.
Magneto-hydrodynamic propulsion.
You follow?
No.
It's like a... a jet engine for the water.
Goes in the front, gets squirted out the back.
Only it's got no moving parts,
so it's very, very quiet.
Like how quiet?
It's doubtful our sonar would even pick it up.
And if it did,
it would sound like whales humping
or a seismic anomaly.
Anything but a submarine.
We messed with this a couple of years ago.
Couldn't make it work.
They really built this?
This isn't a mock-up or anything?
She put to sea this morning.
When I was 12,
I helped my daddy build a bomb shelter in our basement
because some fool parked a dozen warheads
90 miles off the coast of Florida.
This thing could park a couple of hundred warheads
off Washington and New York,
and no one would know anything about it
until it was all over.










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0042395/releaseinfo

IMDb

The Internet Movie Database

Release dates for

Devil's Doorway (1950)

Country Date

USA 15 September 1950










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0099810/quotes

IMDb

The Internet Movie Database

Memorable quotes for

The Hunt for Red October (1990)


Jack Ryan: [to himself, imitating Ramius] "Ryan, some things in here don't react well to bullets." Yeah, like me. I don't react well to bullets.










http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/February_1972

Wikipedia


1972


February 24, 1972 (Thursday)

Twenty-eight men on board the Soviet nuclear submarine K-19 were killed when fires broke out in three of its compartments while the sub was submerged. The twelve survivors remained trapped inside the sub as it was towed, over the next three weeks, from the Arctic Ocean back to the Kola Peninsula.



http://english.pravda.ru/news/russia/26-07-2002/47203-0


pravda.ru


K-19, prototype of Hollywood thriller, to be cut up

26.07.2002 | Source: Pravda.Ru

K-19 was called Hiroshima for the tragic accidents it faced in its life.

The other day legendary K-19 nuclear submarine (serial number 901) was tugged from the Kola Peninsula to the Nerpa shipyard. This very sub with its tragic fate became a prototype for America’s new film “K-19.” However, American script writers perverted facts of the sub’s life so much that Russian veteran submariners decided to bring an action against producers of the film. Majority of Russian submariners acted as consultants during preparation for the film shooting, they told stories about real life of the submarine. As the facts are perverted, the veterans say they have been cheated. A well-known submariner, Hero of the So-viet Union Vadim Berezovsky, who is now living in Russian northern town of Severodvinsk, says that Americans are unlikely to win the trial.

The submarine was constructed at Sevmashpredpriyatiye enterprise in Severodvinsk, launched on October 11, 1959 and came into service on November 12, 1960. In June of 1961, K-19 was included in the North Fleet structure. K-19 became the first Soviet nuclear submarine equipped with ballistic missiles. K-19 together with K-33 and K-55 made up a special brigade of North Fleet submarine troops, on which basis the first flotilla of nuclear submarines was subsequently created.

The K-19 crew won one of the first prizes awarded by the Soviet Navy for the best missile firing. Professional skills of K-19 submariners were very high. Unfortunately, there are some sad moments in the sub’s his-tory.

The submarine was seriously damaged in North Atlantic on July 3, 1961; its power installation broke down, and K-19 was tugged to the base. Eight submariners died in the accident. The sub underwent repair-ing at Sevmashpredpriyatiye, where its reactor compartment was re-placed.

On November 15, 1969, during combat training in the Barents Sea K-19 hit Cato, American submarine; with severe damages it was delivered to the base in Zapadnaya Litsa.

As a result of a tragic fire in the sub’s compartments in North Atlantic on February 24, 1972, twenty eight people died.










http://www.divxmoviesenglishsubtitles.com/F/Friends_-_5x22_-_The_One_With_Joeys_Big_Break.html


Friends - 5x22 - The One With Joeys Big Break


I got the lead!
You got the lead in a movie?|What's it about?
It's called "Shutterspeed".|It's really cool.
I meet this girl in the subway|and we fall in love in, like, a day.
And then she disappears.|But I find out where she lives.
This old lady answers the door.|I say, "Where's Betsy?"
And she says, "Betsy's been dead|for ten years."
Chilling!
The best part is we're filming|in the desert outside of Vegas.
- You know what that means.|- I know.
Road trip! We can rent a car.|I have to be there by Tuesday.
Wait! My grandmother's dead.