Tuesday, November 15, 2011

The past is my future. I am now aware of how I will be resistant, theoretically, at least, to extreme torture when I go back.




JOURNAL ARCHIVE: Re: Journal May 27, 2006


Went to Camp Couchdale in the summer of '81, after graduating 9th grade.


Met a girl named Phoebe, took her out on the lake in a boat and paddled around. We wrote letters for a long time afterwards.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 27 May 2006 excerpt ends]










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0087363/quotes

IMDb

The Internet Movie Database

Memorable quotes for

Gremlins (1984)


Kate: The worst thing that ever happened to me was on Christmas. Oh, God. It was so horrible. It was Christmas Eve. I was 9 years old. Me and Mom were decorating the tree, waiting for Dad to come home from work. A couple hours went by. Dad wasn't home. So Mom called the office. No answer. Christmas Day came and went, and still nothing. So the police began a search. Four or five days went by. Neither one of us could eat or sleep. Everything was falling apart. It was snowing outside. The house was freezing, so I went to try to light up the fire. That's when I noticed the smell. The firemen came and broke through the chimney top. And me and Mom were expecting them to pull out a dead cat or a bird. And instead they pulled out my father. He was dressed in a Santa Claus suit. He'd been climbing down the chimney... his arms loaded with presents. He was gonna surprise us. He slipped and broke his neck. He died instantly. And that's how I found out there was no Santa Claus.










http://www.britannica.com/EBchecked/topic/681346/Prince-William-duke-of-Cambridge

Encyclopædia Britannica


Prince William, duke of Cambridge

ARTICLE from the Encyclopædia Britannica

Prince William, duke of Cambridge, in full William Arthur Philip Louis Windsor, duke of Cambridge, earl of Strathearn and Baron Carrickfergus, formerly Prince William of Wales (born June 21, 1982, Paddington, London, Eng.), elder son of Charles, prince of Wales, and Diana, princess of Wales, and second in line (after Charles) to the British throne.

William received his early education at Wetherby School in London and later attended Ludgrove School in Berkshire (1990–95) and Eton College in Windsor (1995–2000). Before enrolling at the University of St. Andrews in Scotland, where he studied art history and, later, geography, William spent a ... (100 of 432 words)










http://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/ws/index.php?pid=38040

The American Presidency Project

Ronald Reagan

XL President of the United States: 1981 - 1989

Toasts at a White House Dinner for the Prince and Princess of Wales

November 9th, 1985

The President. Your Royal Highnesses, Sir Oliver and Lady Wright, and Ambassador and Mrs. Price, ladies and gentlemen, Nancy and I are deeply honored to welcome the Prince and Princess of Wales to the White House. Permit me to add our congratulations to Prince Charles on his birthday, just 5 days away, and express also our great happiness that we have been able to have this affair with Princess Diana, here on her first trip to the United States—that we should be able to share in that first trip.

In his 1941 address before a Joint Session of the United States Congress, Prime Minister Churchill remarked, "I cannot help reflecting that if my father had been American and my mother British, instead of the other way around, I might have got here on my own." [Laughter] But Your Royal Highnesses, the reception you've received here suggests that if you had been American, you might well have gotten to this house on your own. [Laughter]

Our two countries are bound together by innumerable ties of ancient history and present friendship. Our language, our law, our democratic system of government, our fierce belief in the God-given right of men to be free—all of these we owe to you. We've stood together through two great world conflicts. Today we go on, shoulder to shoulder, in an alliance to protect freedom and democracy.

This evening we've gathered on a happy occasion, a celebration of the "Treasure Houses of Britain," perhaps the most magnificent exhibition ever mounted and five centuries of British achievement, five centuries of elegance, beauty, and charm; I should add, wit. When Nancy and I toured the exhibition, we were struck by a settee from Balmoral Castle, constructed almost entirely of deer antlers. I've been wondering ever since whether something like that could be done with cattle horns out on the ranch. [Laughter] But one misadventure in the corral one day has taught me that it might be more painful than pleasant, so— [laughter] . The "Treasure Houses of Britain" truly is a great gift from the houses' owners, the British people, and you, the exhibition's patrons. I speak for all Americans when I say a heartfelt "thank you."

Your Royal Highnesses, in the eyes of my countrymen, you and your family hold a place of high honor; your devotion to duty commands our esteem. Americans join our British cousins in looking upon you with affection and respect. And in that same 1941 address, Winston Churchill said: "It is not given to us to peer into the future. Still I avow my hope and faith, sure and inviolate, that in the days to come, the British and American people will, for their own safety and for the good of all, walk together in majesty, in justice, and in peace." And today that noble hope is a glorious reality.

Would you please join me in a toast to Her Majesty, the Queen. To the Queen.

Prince Charles. Mr. President, Mrs. Reagan, ladies and gentlemen, if I may say so, Mr. President, you really have touched both my wife and myself most deeply this evening by your extremely kind words. And we can't possibly, both of us, thank you enough for your immense hospitality and your great kindness in having us here this evening and in making us feel so unbelievably welcome.

I would think one of the most marvelous things about coming to the United States is that you have this extraordinary gift for making people feel welcome. And apart from the friendliness with which you greet everybody, it really does warm the heart to come here and be made to feel welcome. I can't tell you what it means to us both. It really does. As you know, we've flown in hesitant stages from Australia and tried to stop on the way in order to regain our strength. And all that's happened is we're suffering terribly from jet lag. [Laughter] And I've yet to discover a foolproof method for actually getting one over the problems of this particular affliction.

However, we are greatly looking forward to the opportunity of seeing this exhibition, the "Treasure Houses of Britain," which we are both very proud to be patrons of. And we hear from all sides just how stupendous this particular exhibition is. I think if you go and look at most of the country houses in Britain at the moment, you'll find them completely empty— [laughter] —of all the furniture and pictures, some emptier than others and, no doubt, with rather dirty marks on the walls where the pictures were. I only hope that they manage to get them all back in the right place at the right time. [Laughter]

I'm also very much looking forward, myself, to going to the Congress Library on Monday and discussing something about the Constitution, of which I know you celebrate the bicentenary in 1987. And I was very intrigued to discover that of the 55 delegates that came to the Federal convention in 1787, nearly all of them were in their thirties, which just goes to show what an extremely good age the mid-thirties is. [Laughter] I keep telling myself that because you reminded me about my birthday, and I'm not sure I need reminding. [Laughter]

I would also just like to say that coming, as we have, down from Australia, it is one of the more interesting aspects, I think, of the pioneering spirit of the English-speaking peoples. That here were two great continents—Australia and the United States of America, the former having developed about 150 years later than this great country-and in many ways there are similarities between the two. And I think that one of the things that becomes most obvious about Australia and America is that personal independence becomes a very dominant feature, particularly, I think, in American life. And one Englishman observed in 1796 that Americans tend to pass their lives without any regard to the smiles or frowns of men in power. However, in your case, Mr. President, I'm sure it's completely different.

So, if I may, finally, again say what an enormous pleasure it gives both of us to be here and how proud we are to be able to represent Britain here in America. As you say, it does, I think, emphasize the very strong links that do exist between our two countries—always have done, and I'm sure always will. And in the end, that bond between our two peoples is one of the most important and enduring features of this Earth.

Mr. President, thank you very much.










http://www.britannica.com/EBchecked/topic/473406/Francis-Gary-Powers

Encyclopædia Britannica

History & Society : : Francis Gary Powers

ARTICLE from the Encyclopædia Britannica

Francis Gary Powers, (b. Aug. 17, 1929, Jenkins, Ky., U.S.—d. Aug. 1, 1977, Encino, Calif.), pilot










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: Tuesday, November 02, 2010 Posted by H.V.O.M at 1:25 PM


I have not had any similar aches and pains as this problem with my shoulder, which still lingers slightly, in a long time. The funny part about this is that in the days leading up to this observation, over the span of several hours during two days, as best I recall, I was experiencing an extensive line of thought about Kerry Burgess having returned. The real Kerry Burgess and not me pretending and lying about being Kerry Burgess and lying because I do not have any alternative except to maintain this identity and who can prove anyway that I am not Kerry Burgess?


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 2 November 2010 excerpt ends]





JOURNAL ARCHIVE: Tuesday, November 02, 2010 Posted by H.V.O.M at 1:25 PM


So the funny part is that, during all that thinking, sometime, I am pretty certain was on 30 October 2010, Kerry Burgess was standing in my living room and he wanted to know why I had the matches laid out on my keyboard.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 2 November 2010 excerpt ends]





JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 10/31/10 3:14 AM
Damn, my left shoulder has really started hurting the past hour or longer. It is something that is close to my shoulder, actually, but under the clavicle and the pain in on my back to, about where the shoulder blade would be. The pain is almost bad enough that I cannot really move my left arm, although it is not that bad. The feeling may be closer to a muscle spasm in the area of my left shoulder blade.


JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 10/31/10 1:58 PM
My left shoulder is still just as painful as it was when I noted it


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 31 October 2010 excerpt ends]





JOURNAL ARCHIVE: Tuesday, November 02, 2010 Posted by H.V.O.M at 1:25 PM


http://my.excite.com/tv/prog.jsp?id=EP013240020001&sid=59337&sn=AMCHD&st=201010311900&cn=697

excite

The Walking Dead (New)

697 AMCHD: Sunday, October 31 7:00 PM

Science fiction

Days Gone By


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 2 November 2010 excerpt ends]










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 10/22/2006 3:53 PM
Back in the summer of 2005, after I became homeless, I wandered around for a while as I have written. I was exhausted at went again to the police, this time the Redmond police for help. They didn’t ask me any substantive questions and instead took me to Overlake hospital. I remember a doctor made a confusing remark about how he didn’t know I was now homeless. I wondered what that meant but it was consistent with my suspicions that people knew who I was everywhere I had been going for all those years. From there they transferred me somewhere, it may have been Harborview. They didn’t have room so they transferred me to the mental health unit of UW Medical Center. I was there for about four days I think before they transferred me to the VA in Seattle. One of those days at UW, a woman I don’t think I saw before or again in there organized a group activity where we made drawing with colored pencils. The instructions were to draw anything we wanted to draw. I drew a diagram of our solar system. I told her after I finished it that I should have made it larger because it was too small to show the detail I wanted. I was trying to illustrate how one side of the planets was brighter because it was facing the Sun.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 22 October 2006 excerpt ends]










[ Bill Gates-Microsoft-Corbis-Nazi the cowardly International Terrorist Organization violently against the United States federal government actively instigate insurrection and subversive activity against the United States federal government with all Bill Gates-Microsoft-Corbis-Nazi staff partners contributors employees contractors lawyers managers of any capacity as severely treasonous criminal accomplices and that are active unlawful obstructions, combinations, or assemblages, or rebellion against the authority of the United States that actively make it impracticable to enforce the laws of the United States in the United States and in the Severely Treasonous and Criminally Rebellious State of Washington by the ordinary course of judicial proceedings ]


http://www.cswap.com/1995/Twelve_Monkeys/cap/en/25fps/a/01_33

Twelve Monkeys


1:33:24
Look, you were right.
I, I am mentally ill.

1:33:27
I imagined all these things,
these people.

1:33:29
- Ooh.
- I know they're not real.










http://www.cswap.com/1995/Twelve_Monkeys/cap/en/25fps/a/01_13

Twelve Monkeys


1:13:58
You've created something
in your mind. A- Oh.

1:14:02
- Mentally divergent ?
- A- Whatever !

1:14:05
A substitute reality...

1:14:08
because you don't want
to deal with anything.

1:14:11
- I would love it if that was true.

1:14:15
It can be dealt with,
but only if you want to.

1:14:18
- I can help you.

1:14:22
- They're after me.
We have to get outta here.
- Who is after you ?

1:14:26
I think there were
some policemen at that party.

1:14:29
Party ? You went to a par-

1:14:32
Never mind.

1:14:34
It's important you surrender
instead of their catching you running.

1:14:37
Wouldn't it be great if I was crazy ?
The world would be okay.










http://www.cswap.com/1995/Twelve_Monkeys/cap/en/25fps/a/00_15

Twelve Monkeys


:15:04
Let's go, ace.

:15:33
All right.
Come on, come on.

:15:37
There you go.
Now, lemme see your head, Jimbo.

:15:41
- See if you got any creepy crawlers.
- I need to make a telephone call.

:15:44
Got to take you over
to the doctor, Jimbo.

:15:46
- Can't make no calls
'til the doctor says.
- It's very important !

:15:49
What you gotta do, Jimbo,
is take it easy. Relax into things.

:15:55
And we'll all get along fine
if you just relax.










Space: Above and Beyond [ RACKETEER INFLUENCED AND CORRUPT ORGANIZATIONS US Title 18 ]

Choice or Chance - Part 2

Sunday 26 November 1995

Episode 9 Season 1 DVD video:

00:20:39


US Marine Corps lieutenant colonel T.C. McQueen: Not enough power left to transmit.

US Marine Corps first lieutenant Cooper Hawkes: I'll bet they heard it.

US Marine Corps lieutenant colonel T.C. McQueen: Not even an A.I. would take that bet, Cooper.

US Marine Corps first lieutenant Cooper Hawkes: We got to find the others.

US Marine Corps lieutenant colonel T.C. McQueen: A.I.'s are networked through their modems. So when you re-initialize them, they give up their home location. Near the end of the A.I. War I was a P.O.W.

US Marine Corps first lieutenant Cooper Hawkes: They do, uh, stuff to you?

US Marine Corps lieutenant colonel T.C. McQueen: It's frightening how much pain an InVitro - a human body can stand. You'd like to believe the body would break before the will. I held out three days. Then - once when they were - doing stuff to me - I heard screaming. Sounded far off, down the hall. I remember thinking "That poor bastard. What must he be going through?" Then when I came to I realized the screams had come from me.










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0114746/quotes

IMDb

The Internet Movie Database

Memorable quotes for

Twelve Monkeys (1995)


Dr. Kathryn Railly: If you don't turn yourself over to the police, they're going to, to kill you, then they're going to shoot me too because I'm going to be the accessory to murder.

James Cole: You're all gonna die.

Dr. Kathryn Railly: Nobody is going to die! You're not going to save the world, okay? You're delusional. You've made all this up out of bits and pieces in your head.

James Cole: No.

Dr. Kathryn Railly: Yes! Let me give you an example. You know Jeffrey Goines. You were both patients at County Hospital at the same time.

James Cole: Jeffrey Goines was a fruitcake!










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0054387/releaseinfo

IMDb

The Internet Movie Database

Release dates for

The Time Machine (1960)

Country Date

USA 17 August 1960



http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0054387

IMDb

The Internet Movie Database

The Time Machine (1960)


Rod Taylor ... H. George Wells


On January 5, 1900, a disheveled looking H.G. Wells - George to his friends - arrives late to his own dinner party. He tells his guests of his travels in his time machine


Release Date: 17 August 1960 (USA)










http://www.script-o-rama.com/movie_scripts/t/time-machine-script-transcript-wells.html


The Time Machine


Will you answer me one question,
honestly?
Yes, I'll try.
Why this preoccupation with time?
Why not?
Don't go simple on me.
The truth is, I don't much care
for the time I was born into.
People aren't dying fast enough.
They call upon science...
...to invent new, more efficient
weapons to depopulate the Earth.
And I agree with you.
I agree, but here we are
and we have to make the best of it.
You may have to. I don't.
All right. Take your journey
on your contraption.
What would you become?
A Greek? A Roman?
- A pharaoh?










https://www.cia.gov/library/center-for-the-study-of-intelligence/csi-publications/books-and-monographs/the-cia-and-the-u-2-program-1954-1974/u2.pdf


The CIA and the U-2 Program, 1954-1974


History Staff

Center for the Study

of Intelligence

Central Intelligence Agency


Chapter 4


183


THE FATE OF FRANCIS GARY POWERS


Downed U-2 pilot Francis Gary Powers underwent extensive interrogation at the hands of the Soviets. His instructions from the CIA on what to do in event of capture were meager, and he had been told that he might as well tell the Soviets whatever they wanted to know because they could get the information from his aircraft anyway Nevertheless, Powers tried to conceal as much classified information as possible while giving the appearance of cooperating with his captors. To extract the maximum propaganda value from the U-2 Affair, the Soviets prepared an elaborate show trial for Powers, which began on 17 August 1960 Powers continued to conceal as much information as possible, but, on the advice of his Soviet defense counsel, he stated that he was sorry for his actions The Soviet court sentenced him to 10 years' "deprivation of liberty," with the first three to be spent in prison










http://www.cswap.com/1995/Twelve_Monkeys/cap/en/25fps/a/00_55

Twelve Monkeys


:55:36
...police officers
from three jurisdictions,

:55:38
including special
tactical unit personnel,

:55:42
have now been mobilized to control
the growing thousands of onlookers...

:55:46
- in Fresno, California-
- Does that disturb you ?

:55:50
No. I thought it was about us.

:55:54
I thought maybe they'd captured us
and arrested me.

:55:57
Just a joke.

:56:00
Hmm.

:56:04
I remember being very afraid
for that little boy.

:56:08
All alone, down that well, not knowing
if anybody's gonna get him out.

:56:12
The first time I was ever
really afraid when I was a kid.

:56:15
What do you mean,
when you were a kid ?

:56:17
Never mind.

:56:19
Just a prank, a hoax.
That boy's hiding in a barn.










http://www.cswap.com/1995/Twelve_Monkeys/cap/en/25fps/a/00_38

Twelve Monkeys


:38:22
Distorted ]
The Freedom for Animals
Association on Second Avenue...

:38:25
is the secret headquarters
of the Army of the Twelve Monkeys.

:38:28
They are the ones
who are going to do it.

:38:31
I can't do any more.
I have to go now.

:38:34
Have a merry Christmas.










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0114746/quotes

IMDb

The Internet Movie Database

Memorable quotes for

Twelve Monkeys (1995)


Dr. Kathryn Railly: Shot! Who shot you?

James Cole: I don't know. It was some kind of war. Never mind. You wouldn't believe me anyway.










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0088247/quotes

IMDb

The Internet Movie Database

Memorable quotes for

The Terminator (1984)


Dr. Silberman: Why didn't you bring any weapons, something more advanced? Don't you have, uh, ray guns? Show me a piece of future technology.

Kyle Reese: You go naked. Something about the field generated by a living organism. Nothing dead will go.

Dr. Silberman: Why?

Kyle Reese: I didn't build the fucking thing!

Dr. Silberman: Okay, okay. But this cyborg, if it's metal...

Kyle Reese: Surrounded by living tissue!

Dr. Silberman: Right. Now, why were the other two women killed?

Kyle Reese: Most of the records were lost in the war. Skynet knew almost nothing about Connor's mother. Her full name, where she lives. They just knew the city. The Terminator was just being systematic.

Dr. Silberman: Uh-huh. Okay, now let's get back to...

Kyle Reese: [interrupts] Look! You've heard enough! I have answered your questions! Now I have to see Sarah Connor!

Dr. Silberman: I'm afraid that's not up to me.

Kyle Reese: Then why am I talking to you? Who is an authority here?

Dr. Silberman: Please, I...

Kyle Reese: [interrupts again] Shut up!










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0088247/releaseinfo

IMDb

The Internet Movie Database

Release dates for

The Terminator (1984)

Country Date

USA 26 October 1984
UK 11 January 1985










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0088247/quotes

IMDb

The Internet Movie Database

Memorable quotes for

The Terminator (1984)


Sarah Connor: Kyle, the women in your time, what are they like?

Kyle Reese: Good fighters.

Sarah Connor: That's not what I meant. Was there someone special?

Kyle Reese: Someone?

Sarah Connor: A girl, you know.

Kyle Reese: No. Never.

Sarah Connor: Never? I'm sorry. I'm so sorry.