Thursday, June 07, 2007

Alien (1979)

From 10/8/1949 to 3/3/1959 is: 3433 days

34-33

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000244/

Sigourney Weaver

Date of Birth: 8 October 1949

Alien (1979) .... Ripley
Ghost Busters (1984) .... Dana Barrett




I have been thinking and writing in my journal for a while that this movie might have some bearing on my visit to Mars. I have artificial and symbolic memories that suggest I found evidence of life on Mars.

From 1/23/1976 to 5/25/1979 is: 3 years, 122 days
365 * 0.3359 = 122 days

From 1/23/1976 to 5/25/1979 is: 3.3359 years

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0078748/

Alien (1979)

Release Date: 25 May 1979 (USA)




JOURNAL ARCHIVE: Mission to Mars, March 10, 2000

Fri, 5/19/06 9:50 AM

[When this movie came out, I remember thinking how familar was one part. Some time earlier, I had been imagining the same kind of scenario where I was in a similar kind of spacecraft, but had to exit it and try to intercept another spacecraft.


I have also been thinking this morning how all this would be good mental preparation for some kind of trip like in this movie. I suspect they have been making me paranoid so they would know how I would behave under those kinds of conditions, specifically to know that I wouldn't start destroying equipment. And it is also good mental preparation for such conditions. As well as mental preparation for if things went wrong. Imagine a spacecraft going out of control and on an irrecoverable trajectory. This situation is good mental preparation for knowing that while I can still communicate with people back on Earth, there's nothing they can do to help. There is also an element here for mental preparation in case I run out of food. Running out of oxygen is actually a pretty easy problem to deal with because they end result will happen so quickly. With food, though, it's a different story because it can be a lot more agonizing. You could prepare for something like this by fasting, but it's really not the same thing. As I was coincidentally writing about the differences earlier, with fasting you know it is going to end. In my situation last year, it was a lot like being in space and running out of food. I have this memory, not sure if it real, of telling someone that I remember as my sister, that I wanted to be an astronaut. I think that was early '90s. I realize now that I have written a few things about that too without really thinking about it.]


http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mission_to_mars

Mission to Mars is a 2000 U.S. made movie directed by Brian de Palma. It is a science fiction thriller adventure about a rescue mission of the first manned mission to Mars, which encountered a catastrophic and mysterious disaster.



JOURNAL ARCHIVE: August 18, 2006
...
I started trying to remember anything that could represent being on Mars. My first thought was of the Painted Desert. I forget which southwestern state that is located in. My mom mentioned it when the three of us were traveling in her VW "bug" from California back to Oklahoma. Then I remembered something about school in De Queen. Then I thought again about details from 4th grade. I remember thinking several times recently that I was being prompted to think of the 4th grade. My teacher was Mrs. Duggan and I think her daughter was in our clas too. There was Brenda Gartrell, Tim Reed (?), Chris Pulliam. I started remembering a gully in some red dirt that I like to dig in during recess. It was some form of crumbly red clay that was very interesting. I couldn't remember when that was though although I could remember the school. THEN I narrowed it down: that memory of digging in the crumbly red clay was in 1976. For the first part of 1976, I was in 4th grade, then the second part I was in 5th grade. 5th grade was in a new building that was well outside town, as 4th grade was just outside the central "Hill Valley" type of downtown which was De Queen. The 5th grade building seemed like it was a very long ways outside, although, if I mapped it out, it probably would not be that far. But I think that distance is symbolic. It is symbolic of a long trip to someplace new.


I can still picture myself sitting there in that trailer in De Queen seeing the color images from Mars on TV. I am wondering if in reality, that was a memory of me standing on Mars looking out at the landscape through my helmet visor.


I wonder how much weight I lost during that journey? Must have been a lot. I've read that humans lose a lot of bone mass while in zero gravity.


I am wondering about those shots of cortisone or cortizol or whatever they were I remember getting for my hip. Somebody said something to me the other day about how that drug is actually what we think of as steroids. Maybe they gave me steroids to recover from all the weight I lost during the journey to Mars. Since I would not take steroids unless prescribed, they had to make some kind of memory deflection around that memory. I don't think I had hip surgery at all. I think I got hit with a machete or some kind of butcher's knife that I can't remember the name of now, and the shots of cortizone was just a convienent memory to deflect two different events.


I wrote about this movie a while back and it seems to have even more relevance now.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doppelg%C3%A4nger_%281969_film%29

Doppelgänger was a 1969 Science Fiction film directed by Robert Parrish. The English language version was released as Journey to the Far Side of the Sun. The crew of a spacecraft journey to an previously unknown planet far side of the Sun, only to seemingly find themselves returning back to the Earth.
...
After crashing into the new planet, it appears that the crew have mistakenly returned to Earth, but all is not as it seems...




From 3/3/1959 to 7/20/1969 is: 3792 days
From 7/20/1969 to 12/7/1979 is: 3792 days

From 11/4/1979 to 12/7/1979 is: 33 days

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iran_hostage_crisis

The Iran hostage crisis was a diplomatic crisis between Iran and the United States that was triggered by a group of militant university students who took over the American diplomatic mission in Tehran, Iran on November 4, 1979. The students were supported by Iran's post-revolution Islamic regime that was in the midst of solidifying power. The students objected to U.S. influence in Iran and its support of the recently fallen Shah of Iran, Mohammad Reza Pahlavi. They held 63 U.S. diplomats and three other U.S. citizens hostage until January 20, 1981. Of those captured, 52 were held hostage until the conclusion of the crisis 444 days later.[1]

The ordeal reached its lowest point when the United States military attempted a botched rescue operation on April 24, 1980. The failure of so-called Operation Eagle Claw resulted in the deaths of five USAF Airmen and three U.S. Marines. Notably, some political analysts believe the crisis was the primary reason for U.S. President Jimmy Carter's defeat in the U.S. Presidential Election of 1980.[2]

The crisis ended with the signing of the Algiers Accords in Algeria on January 19, 1981. The hostages were formally released into United States custody the following day. The release took place just minutes after Ronald Reagan was officially sworn in as president of the United States.