Saturday, June 02, 2007

The Firm (1993)

There must be something else here about Phoebe but I haven't found it yet. I think this is a reference to her last name Cates. I read on the internet that her last name was also Katz. There is also the notion that I flew the F-14 Tomcat and that my nickname, among others and because of the Princeton University mascot, was Tiger, which is a big cat.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0259711/quotes

Memorable quotes for
Vanilla Sky (2001)
...
Sofía: I'll tell you in another life, when we are both cats.
...
[last lines to Sofia]

David: Do you remember what you told me once? That every passing minute is a another chance to turn it all around.

Sofía: I'll find you again.

David: I'll see you in another life... when we are both cats.



I was 34 years, 3 months, 3 weeks, 6 days, old when "The Firm" premiered, which makes me think of a 34-33 clue. The release date was on a Friday so that was probably as close as it could get to a 34-333 clue, or something similar. The woman who portrays his wife in that movie is only 36 days older than my wife in reality. There may be another connection between their birthdays I haven't discovered yet. Her hair makes me think of my wife.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0106918/

The Firm (1993)

Release Date: 30 June 1993 (USA)



I think this might be relevant. This is the age of the actor who portrays Tom Cruise's brother, "Ray," on the day I think I escaped from the Libyan prison. It might have been 4/15/1986 Libyan time, but that speech from President Reagan is dated 4/14/1986, so I normally use that date. The plot element of his brother being in prison probably has some bearing on how I was a POW in Libya around the time "Top Gun" premiered in 1986. I have been thinking I flew the F-14 Tomcat in some of those scenes, probably in 1985. I also think my call sign back then was Cougar.

From 1/26/1949 to 4/14/1986 is: 13592 days
From 1/26/1949 to 4/15/1986 is: 13593 days

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000657/

David Strathairn
Date of Birth: 26 January 1949
...
The Firm (1993) .... Ray McDeere



http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0106918/quotes

Memorable quotes for
The Firm (1993)

Mitch McDeere: Anything I can do for you?

Ray McDeere: Sure. Get me outta here.

Mitch McDeere: Where to?

Ray McDeere: Anywhere I can see a whole lotta sky. I get through the days, I even eat the food. It's amazing how much you miss the sky.



The actress who portrays the love interest of "Ray" in "The Firm" was 334 months, 3 weeks, 4 days, old on 2/14/1986. That is the day I recognize as when I was shot down by anti-aircraft fire, probably in the country of Chad, and was a captive of Libya.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000456/

Holly Hunter

Date of Birth: 20 March 1958
...
The Firm (1993) .... Tammy Hemphill
...
O Brother, Where Art Thou? (2000) .... Penny



I have noted several times that Tom Cruise's birthday is precisely in the middle of my real birthday and the birthday of my official federal undercover identity.

From 3/3/1959 to 7/3/1962 is: 1218 days
From 7/3/1962 to 11/2/1965 is: 1218 days



http://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/ws/index.php?pid=37131

Address to the Nation on the United States Air Strike Against Libya

April 14th, 1986

My fellow Americans:

At 7 o'clock this evening eastern time air and naval forces of the United States launched a series of strikes against the headquarters, terrorist facilities, and military assets that support Mu'ammar Qadhafi's subversive activities. The attacks were concentrated and carefully targeted to minimize casualties among the Libyan people with whom we have no quarrel. From initial reports, our forces have succeeded in their mission.



http://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/ws/index.php?pid=37132

Proclamation 5459—Pan American Day and Pan American Week, 1986

April 14th, 1986



http://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/ws/index.php?pid=37133

Statement by Principal Deputy Press Secretary Speakes on the United States Air Strike Against Libya

April 15th, 1986

As of this morning, 16 of the 18 F-111 fighter bombers have returned to their base in Mildenhall, England. One plane, which developed mechanical problems en route, has landed in Spain. One F-111 remains unaccounted for. A naval and air search operation is currently underway to locate this aircraft. All carrier-based aircraft have returned safely to the carriers without incident.

In our assessment of the situation, we believe that we have struck a blow against terrorism. We have sent a message to Qadhafi. Our objective was to inflict damage to Qadhafi's capability to direct and control the export of international terrorism.

The United States, and for that matter all freedom-loving peoples of the world, cannot tolerate terrorism. When we can clearly identify those responsible for terrorist acts, we will hold them accountable. The goal, therefore, was to strike targets in a way that would damage Qadhafi's ability to perpetrate terrorist acts. We wanted to show that such attacks are a consequence of undertaking terrorist actions, that terrorism cannot be supported without incurring a heavy price. We have successfully accomplished both objectives. We hope this action will deter future terrorist attacks. It was to send a clear message that we will no longer tolerate death of innocent Americans and others. We are confident this message was heard and understood.



That Proclamation 5459 dated 4/14/1986 from President Reagan that follows the speech about the 4/14/1986 strike on Libya makes me think of Pan Am Airlines. I have been thinking that the 4/14/1986 strike was on the prison I was being held at by the Libyans in order to give me a chance to escape.

That time difference between when that airline formed, according to the linked article, and 4/14/1986 could be expressed as 59 years, 31 days. It is technically 59 years, 1 month, but yet for this detail, I always want to remember that it could be expressed as 59-31. I might be trying to remember something President Reagan told me after I got back home after completing that escape from Africa.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pan_Am

Pan American World Airways, commonly known as Pan Am, was the principal international airline of the United States from the 1930s until its collapse in 1991. Originally founded as a seaplane service out of Key West, Florida, the airline became a major company credited with many innovations that shaped the international airline industry, including the widespread use of jet aircraft, jumbo jets, and computerized reservation systems. Identified by its blue globe logo and the use of the word "Clipper" in aircraft names and call signs, the airline was a cultural icon of the 20th century, and the unofficial flag carrier of the United States.
...
Pan American Airways Incorporated was founded on March 14, 1927, by Major Henry H. "Hap" Arnold and partners. Their shell company was able to obtain the U.S. mail delivery contract to Cuba, but lacked the physical assets to do the job.