Saturday, June 02, 2007

"Katie"

I found a reference on the internet that suggests "Katie" was indeed the girlfriend of "Doug Masters" in the 1986 "Iron Eagle." I assume that is because of my long-term relationship with Phoebe Cates, and that "Katie" derives from Cates or Katz. The actress who portrayed "Katie" was born 59 days after 5/1/1967, which is the day I recognize I first flew a fighter jet by myself, when I was 8.16 years old.


It's probably those two children, "Brian" and "Sarah," from "Night Of The Comet" that represent Phoebe and me. I can't find an exact birthdate for the "Sarah" actress, but they seem to have both been born in 1970, which seems important. It could be that "Brian" and "Sarah" are similar in appearance to Phoebe and me in 1970. I have that artificial and symbolic memory of me in a football jersey when I was about that same age as "Brian" and I had very blond hair. I think that is the reason "Jonny Quest" had blonde hair. I think that is also the source of the "dark side" from "Star Wars." It is because my hair turned much darker as I got older. There was a scene in "Night Of The Comet" that makes me think of the "Dharma Project" from the "Lost" television series.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0442948/

Janice Kawaye
Date of Birth: 1970
...
Night of the Comet (1984) .... Sarah


http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0102016/

Chance Boyer
Date of Birth: 11 August 1970
...
Night of the Comet (1984) .... Brian


It is curious to note the relationship of the actor who portrays "Brian" with when humans first orbited the Earth's moon, which I have been thinking I was on as a secret crewmember. I would have been 9 years old at the time of Apollo 8. That first orbit of the Earth's moon was about 593 days before the birth of the actor who portrayed "Brian" in the 1984 "Night Of The Comet."

From 12/26/1968 to 8/11/1970 is: 593 days

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apollo_8

Launch: December 21, 1968
Landing: December 27, 1968

Apollo 8 was the second manned mission of the Apollo space program, in which Commander Frank Borman, Command Module Pilot James Lovell and Lunar Module Pilot William Anders became the first humans to orbit around the Moon. It was also the first manned launch of the Saturn V rocket.

NASA prepared for the mission in only four months. The hardware involved had only been used a few times—the Saturn V had launched only twice before, and the Apollo spacecraft had only just finished its first manned mission, Apollo 7. However, the success of the mission paved the way for the successful completion of U.S. President John F. Kennedy's goal of landing on the Moon before the end of the decade.

After launching on December 21, 1968, the crew took three days to travel to the Moon, which they orbited for 20 hours. While in lunar orbit the crew made a Christmas Eve television broadcast in which they read from the book of Genesis. It was the most watched broadcast to date.



There is that part where the woman tells "Sarah" she will get to live forever with Santa Claus, which I think is important because that has something to do with my relationship to Phoebe. I can't remember if Phoebe and I were already married in 1984 or if we were engaged to be married, where I think it was the latter still in 1984. I have those artificial and symbolic memories of dressing up as Santa Claus when I worked at Mills Store, the general hardware store in the town we lived nearby on Hicks Road.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0087799/quotes

Memorable quotes for
Night of the Comet (1984)
...
Davenport: [coaxing the children for a shot] You'll just fall asleep and then you'll see Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny.

Brian, Survivor Child: I don't believe in Santa Claus.

Dr. Carter, Project Chief: What? You don't believe in Santa?




http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000121/

Phoebe Cates
...
Gremlins (1984) .... Kate Beringer


http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0087363/quotes

Memorable quotes for

Gremlins (1984)
...
Kate: Now I have another reason to hate Christmas.

Billy Peltzer: What are you talking about?

Kate: The worst thing that ever happened to me was on Christmas. Oh, God. It was so horrible. It was Christmas Eve. I was 9 years old. Me and Mom were decorating the tree, waiting for Dad to come home from work. A couple hours went by. Dad wasn't home. So Mom called the office. No answer. Christmas Day came and went, and still nothing. So the police began a search. Four or five days went by. Neither one of us could eat or sleep. Everything was falling apart. It was snowing outside. The house was freezing, so I went to try to light up the fire. That's when I noticed the smell. The firemen came and broke through the chimney top. And me and Mom were expecting them to pull out a dead cat or a bird. And instead they pulled out my father. He was dressed in a Santa Claus suit. He'd been climbing down the chimney... his arms loaded with presents. He was gonna surprise us. He slipped and broke his neck. He died instantly. And that's how I found out there was no Santa Claus.