Monday, June 04, 2007

Lace (1984)

I can remember when I first moved to Bellevue that I was grumbling a lot about the women looking for donations. I said it enough that I remember it being echoed by some women at work. One woman told me that kids were like cockroaches. Another said something about only caring for plants.

This was 359 days after my 24th birthday. I have no idea if I have ever seen this movie. I don't even have any artificial memories of it. I probably wouldn't have even been able to identify it as a Phoebe Cates movie until I read about it over the past month. Much the way I don't think I even knew who Britney Spears was until not long ago.

From 3/4/1959 to 2/26/1984 is: 24 years, 359 days

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lace_%28film%29

Lace is a television miniseries, produced in 1984, based on the novel of the same name by author Shirley Conran. The plot concerns the search by sex symbol Lili (Phoebe Cates) for her natural mother, who surrendered her for adoption as a newborn.

The mini-series is most famous for the line "Which one of you bitches is my mother?" spoken by Lili, when she finally assembles the three potential candidates - Pagan Trelowney (Brooke Adams), Judy Hale (Bess Armstrong) and Maxine Pascal (Arielle Dombasle).
...
Lace made its debut on American television on February 26, 1984.



The actress who portrays her mother is named Armstrong. In my artifical and symbolic memory, there is that girl with the long black hair named Jimmi Anne Armstrong, who was the daughter of the town doctor. She was very nice and I was too shy to ask her out even though I thought she was just the nicest and prettiest girl I had ever known. That detail about her father being a doctor could be a clever play on that expression about "I'm not a doctor but I do play one on t.v." Although, I think I do actually have a doctorate in computer science in my real life. I heard that echoed possibly a few times at Microsoft. There is also something I was reading the other day about a television series pilot where Maureen Reagan portrayed a medical doctor. Maybe that has something to do with it.

They are 9.59 years apart in age. Is Phoebe the 1 ?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bess_Armstrong

Bess Armstrong (Born December 11, 1953 in Baltimore, Maryland) is an American film and television actress.




For a while I was thinking this was about Britney Spears mother, in that I was dreaming of a time before the first space shuttle launched and I was telling her mother that I was launching on that flight. But more likely, it is about my wife, Phoebe, who I guess is her step-mother. And I have no idea the context of this conversation that was occurring in my dream because I don't think Phoebe knew about my space shuttle flights. Or maybe I told her about it later and she told me it was amazing that I was an astronaut. Or maybe that it what I anticipated her to say when I told her about it in the future. Who knows. WHY CAN'T I GO HOME!!!! I guess I should have solace in the fact that all you that have kept me from home will be going to federal prison for a long time, but that doesn't bring me any comfort as I sit here wasting time that would be better spent at home with my wife.

JOURNAL ARCHIVE: Sleep journal 3/19/06

Yesterday was some kind of foreign dream that was more of an emotion than a visualization. I couldn't remember any of the details although I felt like I had been seeing details. All I remembered was feeling like it was something intense, there was some intensity to the communication, almost overwhelming like a very strong and clear signal on a radio. After I woke up, I could only characterize the message as positive.

Today the first foreign dream wasn't too clear either. It had something to do with me, someother characters, and something about the stars. We were under the stars, or we were talking to the stars. I can visualize the sky with the stars but they may have also been a metaphor for people. Then I left somewhere and there was something about a goose, not sure what that meant, maybe something to do with staying meant something about a cooked goose.

The second foreign dream had a lot of detail. I was sitting on a bus with someone that I knew but I don't know who it was. It may have been Britney Spears but that makes no sense. I was sitting next to her and she was someone that I had lived with before, someone I had a relationship with, like a girlfriend. I was getting off the bus to a place I was staying that I don't recognize from anyplace I've been in real life. She asked me if I was really staying there, she may have commented that it was amazing I was staying there, or someone else said that. Apparently, it was the same place she and I had lived during our relationship. It was some kind of little travel trailer. A young woman was letting me stay there. I was taking up a little open seat or bench in a hallway of the trailer. I had a little storage bin to put my stuff in.



There is also the detail that Britney Spears birthday, according to information on the internet, is 33 weeks, 3 days, after the first launch of the space shuttle on 4/12/1981.

From 4/12/1981 to 12/2/1981 is: 33 weeks, 3 days

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0005453/

Britney Spears
Date of Birth: 2 December 1981


http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/STS-1

The first Space Shuttle mission, STS-1, was launched April 12, 1981, and returned April 14. Space Shuttle Columbia orbited the earth 36 times in this 54.5-hour mission. It was the first US manned space flight since the Apollo-Soyuz Test Project in July 15, 1975.