Thursday, June 07, 2007

USS Mahan (DDG 42)

From 8/25/1960 to 7/16/1963 is: 3 weeks, 34 months

3-3-4

http://www.navysite.de/dd/ddg42.htm

USS Mahan (DDG 42)

USS MAHAN was the sixth FARRAGUT - class guided missile destroyer and the third ship in the Navy named after Rear Adm. Alfred Thayer Mahan. Commissioned as a guided missile frigate (DLG), the USS MAHAN was reclassified as guided missile destroyer (DDG) on June 30, 1975, changing its hullnumber from DLG 11 to DDG 42.

Commissioned: August 25, 1960



JOURNAL ARCHIVE: August 24, 2006

...
Today is the day I remember as Caitlin's birthday. I wonder what that means. I seem to recall that I wrote about a possible connection with her birthday, rather this date, but I can't remember what it was.
...

The worst part about all this is that I don't know what all has been revealed about my covert activities. Obviously, the most closely guarded secrets have already been revealed.


Yeah...this is the stuff...

http://www.navysite.de/dd/ddg42.htm
...
MAHAN achieved another first in July 1985, as she successfully conducted the first Remote Track Launch on Search missile firing.


You don't even know that a missile is coming in until your wing blows up or some other hair-raising observation occurs.


One of the guys I was in class with in Dam Neck for the Terrier computers went to this ship as I went to the Wainwright, both were stationed in Charleston.

http://www.navysite.de/dd/ddg42.htm

USS MAHAN was the sixth FARRAGUT - class guided missile destroyer