Friday, June 01, 2007

"The wife of an aviator"

This reminds of something I have been thinking of a lot. There is that plot element to "Futurama" where the robot "Bender" has a secret desire to sing folk music and I think about that a lot. For one thing, it reminds me that in my artificial and symbolic memory, I was into country and western music for a long time and I wonder if that means anything other than the obvious. I have been wondering if that is an inside joke among those of us that know about my work with Pink Floyd, The Doors, Duran Duran, Devo, Oingo Boingo, and all the others I have contributed to.

I also can't wait to see again my beautiful wife wearing my U.S. Navy officer's cover.


http://www.navy.mil/management/photodb/photos/070531-N-8467N-008.jpg

070531-N-8467N-008 GROTON, Conn. (May 31, 2007) – Naval Submarine Base New London Commanding Officer, Capt. Mark Ginda thanks country signer Danielle Peck for performing at the base. Peck played a free concert at the sub base as part of The Spirit of America Tour. U.S. Navy photo by John Narewski (RELEASED)









http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/An_officer_and_a_gentleman

An Officer and a Gentleman is a 1982 film which tells the story of a United States Navy aviation Officer Candidate who comes into conflict with the Marine Corps Gunnery Sergeant who trains him. The original music score was composed by Jack Nitzsche and Buffy Sainte-Marie. The film is marketed with the tagline "Life gave him nothing, except the courage to win...and a woman to love."


The film was written by Douglas Day Stewart and directed by Taylor Hackford. It was shot mostly on location at Port Townsend, Washington