Friday, June 01, 2007

"I thought you was a pilot, not an astronaut"

Wasn't this the girlfriend of the star character in "Iron Eagle"? And her name was "Katie" because of Cates? I recognize the date 5/1/1967 as when I first flew a fighter jet by myself.

From 5/1/1967 to 6/29/1967 is: 59 days

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0002124/

Melora Hardin

Date of Birth: 29 June 1967

Iron Eagle (1986) .... Katie



The star of "Iron Eagle" was born 5.93 years after me.

From 3/3/1959 to 2/7/1965 is: 5 years, 341 days
341 / 365 = 0.93

From 3/3/1959 to 2/7/1965 is: 5.93 years

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001263/

Jason Gedrick

Date of Birth: 7 February 1965

Iron Eagle (1986) .... Doug Masters



The actor who portrayed the father in "Iron Eagle" was born the day before Joseph Wayne Burgess. That date must be relevant to something else though because if I was trying to make that symbolic connection, then why didn't I match the days? If I have this figured out correctly, then every detail about Joseph Wayne Burgess, who was buried in Morrison Cemetery in Noble County, Oklahoma, is fiction. So there must be another reason for this time of year. Or I just didn't want to make it a perfect match. A notion similar to my 33/34 birthday artistic device. There is also the notion I wrote about yesterday where Paul Hogan's birthday connects me to Princeton University and how Paul Hogan has a distinct resemblance to my father in my artificial memory. I have been thinking, though, that Paul Hogan is my uncle. I feel there are more details to figure out here but I am suddenly finding it hard to concentrate on this topic.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tim_Thomerson

Tim Thomerson (born April 8, 1946) is an American actor.



The premiere date for that movie was less than a month before I was shot down to become a POW in Libya. I noted a while back when I was watching this movie again that his father resembled one of my last managers at Microsoft. There is the scene where his father has been shot and is leaning up against a truck next to the runway and he resembles my manager, Jerry Boesch.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iron_Eagle

Distributed by TriStar Pictures

Release date(s) January 17, 1986

Iron Eagle is a 1986 action film about a teenage boy named Doug Masters (Jason Gedrick) who steals an American F-16 fighter jet to rescue his father (Tim Thomerson), a prisoner of war being held in an unidentified rogue Middle Eastern country. The film also stars Academy Award winner Louis Gossett, Jr. as Col. Charles 'Chappy' Sinclair and features the hit songs "One Vision" and "We're Not Gonna Take It" as part of its soundtrack.

Iron Eagle was released in the same year as another popular aviation-based action film, Top Gun, thus forcing a shift in release dates as to avoid competition at the box office with each other.