Tuesday, November 01, 2011

Lucille Ball




Watching now on television with the sound turned off as I wait for the 1973 film "Sleeper" to start there is montage of old Lucille Ball films showing as commercial on the TCM HD channel. Watching those clips from those old films with Lucille Ball such as that one "The Big Street" - I might have the title wrong without looking it up to check - I was starting to wonder if Julia Roberts is related to Lucille Ball. Then I started to wonder if maybe that was just the intention with Julia Robert's on-screen persona. The Julia Roberts film that I thought back to as I thought through that line of thought is about details with the character of her mother in that 1991 film "Dying Young." That line of thought is consistent when you consider that Campbell Scott is the son of George C. Scott and I got the impression the racketeers responsible for the production of that work were trying to create some kind of scam about how he was the son of a father who is famous in the movie industry and that is part of their racketeering scam.