Tuesday, November 01, 2011

Sleeper (1973)




I thought I had watched before that 1973 film but the only parts that were familiar was up through the scene where he first meets Diane Keaton's character and even then I had some parts of that wrong from how I thought I recalled it from seeing it before. The rest of it was completely unfamiliar as I watched it tonight on television.










http://my.excite.com/tv/prog.jsp?id=MV000050480000&sid=64312&sn=TCMHD&st=201111011845&cn=701

excite


Sleeper (1973)

701 TCMHD: Tuesday, November 1 6:45 PM

1973, PG, ***1/2, 01:28, Color, English, United States,

Deep-frozen for 200 years, a health-food store owner (Woody Allen) wakes up in a no-sex police state and hides as a robot.

Cast: Woody Allen, Diane Keaton, John Beck, Marya Small, Bartlett Robinson, Mary Gregory, Chris Forbes, Peter Hobbs, Spencer Milligan, Stanley Ross, Brian Avery, Don Keefer, Jessica Rains Director(s): Woody Allen Producer(s): Jack Grossberg Executive Producer(s): Charles H. Joffe, Jack Rollins










http://www.divxmoviesenglishsubtitles.com/S/Sleeper_1973.html


Sleeper


Hello, Miles.
- Who are you?|- Who am I? I'm Luna.
- Who?|- Luna.
Don't you remember?|We were outlaws, aliens.
The police captured you. I escaped.
I'm with the underground.
Remember? The Western District?
Miles, I'm Luna.
Luna! Remember? Luna.
- Your name is not Luna, is it?|- Think back, Miles.
1973. The Happy Carrot Health-Food|Store? The Ragtime Rascals?
- You're the alien.|- That's right, Miles. I've come for you.
How did you get in here?|Don't come near me. Rags!
- Miles.|- Rags, get in here. Come on, boy.
- We're not gonna hurt you.|- Come on, Rags!
- Get her! Go for her throat, Rags.|- Woof, woof, woof, woof.
We're going to reprogramme your mind.|We're going to free it.
- Rags, get her. Come on, Rags. Kill.|- Woof, woof, woof.
Go ahead. Goddamn dog.
Hello, I'm Rags. Woof, woof, woof.
We have a good file on him.
We'll induce a hypnotic state
and force him to re-experience|some of the major traumas of his life.
Hopefully,|this'll shatter his recent personality
and allow the old one to emerge again.





http://www.divxmoviesenglishsubtitles.com/S/Sleeper_1973.html


Sleeper


Erno. Erno, what's happening?
Something's gone wrong|with the treatment.
His brain is elsewhere.|He believes he's another person.
- No, no. I need magic.|- Miles. Miles. Who are you, Miles?
I'm Blanche... Blanche Dubois.
It means white wood.
- We can't upset him or it could be fatal.|- What are we gonna do?
You read "A Streetcar Named Desire".|Just play along. He needs an injection.
Physical beauty is passing,|a transitory possession.
But beauty of the mind and richness|of the spirit and tenderness of the heart
- and I have all those things -
aren't taken away, but grow,|increase, with the years.
Strange that I should be called|a destitute woman
when I have all these riches|locked in my heart.
I been onto you from the start.
I seen how you tried to sprinkle|this place up with them
powders and those|fancy French colognes.
Well, I say ha!
You hear me? Ha! Ha!
I think... I... Yeah.
Why, you're not the gentleman that|I was expecting. What's going on?
Whoever you are, I've always|depended on the kindness of strangers.