Thursday, February 21, 2013

Impending sense of pending.





I haven't watched any of the DVD episodes from 1997 "Stargate SG-1" television series so I don't know if there is a pattern established there I am seeing in "Stargate: Atlantis."

That observation is now categorized as a pattern that is repeatable because I saw it first in the "Stargate Universe" television series. When did that series premiere? The year 2009? I think that was it. I watched most of those episodes, as I noted here in my blog.

The pattern is something I see again and this time in the premiere episode of the 2004 "Stargate: Atlantis."

I had never watched a single episode of that television series until a few days ago when I started watching the DVD.

The pattern is about how the "Atlantis" city is going to flood because the super-power batteries they use are failing and there is all kind of drama about it by those goofy actors and that's part of the pattern. The pivotal detail is about how the city rises out of the ocean when the power does fail and that averts the crisis those actors are blathering away about.

That was a noticeable theme in that subsequent television series "Stargate Universe." I might have even noted it in my blog. They were working to avert some crisis they detected and they couldn't solve the problem but none of their efforts mattered. The space-ship solved the problem itself. They could have just sat back and let the problem runs its course and there would have been no drama to that episode.



- posted by H.V.O.M - Kerry Wayne Burgess 09:59 AM Pacific Time Seattle USA Thursday 21 February 2013