Sunday, February 24, 2013

Poisoning the Well




JOURNAL ARCHIVE: From: Kerry Burgess

Sent: Thursday, February 07, 2013 5:19 PM

To: 'Chad Trammell'

Subject: RE: Let's see if you can do I-90.

So that's what it was. That's what I dreamed of very early this morning or last night.

I had been aware for a long time of the "Stargate: Atlantis" television series but I had never, until this past hour, given some serious thought about the plot elements that form the drama of that television series. I have never before watched any episode from that television series. I have seen glimpses of scenes but the notion of "Wraith" is new to me today.

I started to wonder about how that 16 July 2004 premiere happens after 03 March 2003.

And then looking at those creepy figures in the images, the "Wraith" I had to look at it a few minutes, after having read a lot about them a few minutes, that is what I must have seen in my dream the last time I was sleeping today.

I am wondering about it because of how prescient are my other dreams lately.

Maybe I am winning against them by telling you this.

So anyway, the dream started with me walking into a house. My mother was there with me and so was my sister. I think again now as I write this, as it seemed to me later after the dream, that figures in my dream are not literal. So I recall that I was very angry. There was a group of washing machines on the lower floor of the house we were in and there were enough of them there to seem it was a commercial facility but that doesn't get explained in the dream. The reason I am so angry is because I am looking at the manifold where clean water is supposed to flow into the washing machines, an observation was presently simply to my sleeping mind and that seems more complicated than it is while I describe it, and the water was very brown colored. I was very angry about that. I have been thinking all day since then about one of those episodes from the "Lost" television series where they found a pool of water in some secret building and that water has some kind of regeneration powers for humans, to the point of immortality, but the water had turned brown and the people who used it were concerned about it. I haven't thought about that episode in years. So anyway, I am upstairs in the house, which doesn't have anything familiar about it, and my mother is there and so is my sister. And then the zombies appear. At some point, I am seeing them in the yard walking along as I am talking to mother. I am angry at her now. She has threatened to cancel my source of income and there is some dialog that is now too vague to recall. And the hostility escalates to the point I am choking her by the throat and I said something in the dream similar to "I'll kill you too." But it wasn't her. As with most people in my dreams, I never see them clearly. They are figures similar to the people I see when I am outside and they are in my peripheral vision. I see people in dreams in a similar way. With few exceptions I never see anyone clearly and in detail. But I could see her in more detail now and after I looked at those photos of the "Wraith" that was very similar to what I was seeing and I had my hands around its neck and I was enjoying choking it. I think I stopped though and I didn't kill it. But the part I thought of most throughout today was the zombies. I cannot now recall if the zombies showed up first. I don't think they did. I think the dirty water caused the hostilities towards the person I was choking. Then the first zombie came in the house and I used my fist to hit it very hard and then I physically threw it out the same door it came in although that last part wasn't something I visualized. I did visualized the second zombie come in again towards us and that one I saw myself slam it against the wall and I knew in the dream that I also threw it out the same door it came in but that was a different door than the first zombie came through. The same story with the third and final zombie but I don't recall visualizing any of that action. I just knew it came through a third door and I simply knew I had thrown back out the same door it came through.

And then there were the zombies themselves. I don't think I have ever actually dreamed of zombies. I have written many times before that I dream while sleeping of activities I have worked on so it seems that my research on zombie topics would show up in my sleeping dreams but I guess I never woke up from any of those or that I never had any that I became aware of. Those zombies in my dream while last sleeping weren't actually doing anything threatening. They were just stumbling around and walking as you see zombies act in movies but they weren't biting anybody. They were just lumbering about with expressions that seemed kind of stupor. I was thinking later they might be something I used to call "pre-zombies" but they are advanced beyond that but not yet cannibalistic.

So anyway, the images of the "Wraith" make me think now in this hour about the similarities to the "Morlocks" from 1960.

Also, the predatory nature of the "Wraith" is similar to thoughts I have had for a while. As "Kirk" said in "Metamorphosis" "How do you beat something like that?" The "Wraith's" also resemble that chief "Morlock" in the 2002 remake of "The Time Machine" and there is the scene where he is strangling the starring character.

Also, if you stretch your imagination for a moment and try to believe something is possible then that all explains what my "mother" is supposed to represent in my dreams.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 07 February 2013 excerpt ends]










http://trove.nla.gov.au/ndp/del/article/22387717

Trove Digitised newspapers and more


Thursday 26 December 1946

The Argus (Melbourne, Vic. : 1848 - 1956)


Electronically Translated Text


Road To Truth

"If our feet are on the road of common charity that leads to ultimate truth, our differences will never destroy our under- lying unity and our^ disputes will not leave us either embit- tered or unkind. If the coming yeal' has its uncertainties, it has its promises. By God's help and by our own endeavours let us make these brighter promises come true.

"My dear people, I wish you well. May the New Year be full of blessing for each one of you. Welcome it when it comes with hope, courage, and 'greet the Unseen with a cheer.' "










http://history.state.gov/historicaldocuments/frus1964-68v14/d26


U.S. DEPARTMENT OF STATE

OFFICE of the HISTORIAN


Khrushchev announced that he had withheld information that the pilot and aircraft were in Soviet hands, “because had we told everything at once, the Americans would have invented another version; just look how many silly things they have said.”










1951 film "The Day the Earth Stood Still" DVD video:

00:08:43


Klaatu: We have come to visit you in peace, and with goodwill.










http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nikita_Khrushchev


Nikita Khrushchev

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia


Candidate member of the Politburo

In office

January 18, 1938 – March 22, 1939

Personal details

Born April 15, 1894


Nikita Sergeyevich Khrushchev[a] (April 15 [O.S. April 3] 1894 – September 11, 1971) led the Soviet Union during part of the Cold War. He served as First Secretary of the Communist Party of the Soviet Union from 1953 to 1964, and as Chairman of the Council of Ministers, or Premier, from 1958 to 1964. Khrushchev was responsible for the partial de-Stalinization of the Soviet Union, for backing the progress of the early Soviet space program










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0089880/quotes

IMDb

The Internet Movie Database

Memorable quotes for

Rambo: First Blood Part II (1985)


Lt. Col. Podovsky: I see you are no stranger to pain. Perhaps you have been among my Vietnamese comrades before, hmm? No answer. Do you wish to give your name? Now, what possible harm can that cause?










http://www.divxmoviesenglishsubtitles.com/P/Pale_Rider_CD2.html


Pale Rider


{y:i}Preacher!
Who was that?
A voice from the past.










http://trove.nla.gov.au/ndp/del/article/22387717

Trove Digitised newspapers and more


Thursday 26 December 1946

The Argus (Melbourne, Vic. : 1848 - 1956)


Electronically Translated Text


Courage

"With all these trials to be faced, I am indeed proud that you are able to maintain that energy, cheerfulness, and cour- age this difficult times demands.

"We cannot expect the world, so grievously wounded, to re- cover quickly, but its conva- lescence can certainly be hastened by our continued en- durance and good will.










http://www.stargate-sg1-solutions.com/wiki/SGA_1.07_%22Poisoning_The_Well%22_Transcript


STARGATE WIKI


SGA 1.07 "Poisoning The Well" Transcript


INT—HOFFAN RESEARCH LAB

[Perna takes down a book from a shelf and brings it to Beckett.]

PERNA
His name was Farrol Mylan. Before he died in the last culling, he was one of our most celebrated medical researchers. He was the one who found it.

BECKETT
Found what?

PERNA
The key. His journals tell of one man who survived an encounter with the Wraith. Farrol and his team discovered that this man possessed a unique protein, one that enabled him to resist the chemical released by the Wraith to precipitate draining of life from their victims. After painstaking trial and error—

BECKETT
Farrol made a copy of the protein.

PERNA
He was eventually able to create a prototype of a drug designed to interfere with the Wraith feeding process.

BECKETT
And it worked?

PERNA
Farrol was killed before the drug could be used to defend Hoff.

BECKETT
And it's been your job to make certain his work wasn't in vain. Quite the responsibility.

PERNA
It is a great honor.

BECKETT
How do you know for certain that this Farrol…wasn't just embellishing his results, or for that matter, making them up? I mean, all you have to go on are his notes.

PERNA
He and his team worked until the last possible moment. They knew the Wraith ships were overhead, and still they worked through the night, hoping to provide one more insight, one last thread of knowledge. Not for themselves, but for the generation that would survive. Ten thousand soldiers gave their lives to give them those last few hours. The last words of Farrol's journal are known to all Hoffans.

BECKETT
I meant no disrespect, Perna.

PERNA
It's all right. More than just his journals survived the culling. His research materials were safeguarded as well, including carefully preserved Wraith cell samples which we still use in our work today. Please. See for yourself.










http://www.stargate-sg1-solutions.com/wiki/SGA_1.07_%22Poisoning_The_Well%22_Transcript


STARGATE WIKI


SGA 1.07 "Poisoning The Well" Transcript


INT—HOFFAN RESEARCH FACILITY

[The team is touring the facility.]

MCKAY
Reminds you of Area 51, doesn't it?

SHEPPARD
Circa 1918.

FORD
I don't think Area 51 was around in 1918, sir.

SHEPPARD
Well, the area was.

MCKAY
True.










From 8/17/1960 ( the Soviet Union trial of the United States Central Intelligence Agency pilot Gary Powers begins in Moscow Russia Soviet Union ) To 6/5/1999 ( premiere US film "The Prodigy" ) is 14171 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official Deputy United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 8/20/2004 ( premiere US TV series episode "Stargate: Atlantis"::"Poisoning the Well" ) is 14171 days



From 8/17/1960 ( premiere US film "The Time Machine" ) To 6/5/1999 ( premiere US film "The Prodigy" ) is 14171 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official Deputy United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 8/20/2004 ( premiere US TV series episode "Stargate: Atlantis"::"Poisoning the Well" ) is 14171 days



http://www.tv.com/shows/stargate-atlantis/poisoning-the-well-325666/


tv.com


Stargate Atlantis Season 1 Episode 7

Poisoning the Well


The team investigates a drug being developed on another world that has the potential to repel the Wraith's feeding on humans.


AIRED: 8/20/04










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0237616/releaseinfo

IMDb


Release dates for

The Prodigy (1999)

Country Date

USA 5 June 1999



http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0237616/plotsummary

IMDb


Plot Summary for

The Prodigy (1999)


Nathan Jones, a 12 year old illiterate inner city kid, decides to run away from his abusive home and take up residence in a college fraternity after a school trip to campus. No matter how they try, the fraternity members can't get rid of Nathan and the only way to avoid a shut-down for harboring a runaway is to enroll Nathan into the college posing him as a child prodigy.










http://www.stargate-sg1-solutions.com/wiki/SGA_1.07_%22Poisoning_The_Well%22_Transcript


STARGATE WIKI


SGA 1.07 "Poisoning The Well" Transcript


BECKETT
And it worked?

PERNA
Farrol was killed before the drug could be used to defend Hoff.

BECKETT
And it's been your job to make certain his work wasn't in vain. Quite the responsibility.

PERNA
It is a great honor.

BECKETT
How do you know for certain that this Farrol…wasn't just embellishing his results, or for that matter, making them up? I mean, all you have to go on are his notes.










http://www.stargate-sg1-solutions.com/wiki/SGA_1.07_%22Poisoning_The_Well%22_Transcript


STARGATE WIKI


SGA 1.07 "Poisoning The Well" Transcript


SHEPPARD
Looks like you're…accomplishing great things here, Chancellor.

DRUHIN
Since the last Wraith culling, we have worked diligently to rebuild our society.

TEYLA
Are you not concerned that your efforts will attract the attention of the Wraith?

DRUHIN
Yes, but we refuse to let that stop us from striving to reach our potential. To do otherwise would simply mean victory for them. However, we currently, are working on a viable defense.

SHEPPARD
(suddenly very interested)
Defense? Really? We've been here for two days before you mention that?

DRUHIN
I had to learn that you could be trusted.



- posted by H.V.O.M - Kerry Wayne Burgess 11:38 PM Pacific Time Seattle USA Sunday 24 February 2013