Thursday, February 21, 2013

And then I unpause the video:




Then I unpause the DVD video and I am reminded of what I wrote earlier about how just because I am *capable* of working magic doesn't mean I should be working magic.

You know what kind of damage 20 Kts can do? That's not even a crowd pleaser.

The part that is really whacked about all this is how I *warn* people today about what certain sociopaths are going to do in the future and you dullards still let it happen.





http://stargate-wiki.org/wiki/Transcript:Hide_and_Seek


STARGATE WIKI


Transcript:Hide and Seek


WEIR
The Ancients were smart enough to build fail-safes into their other technology. I mean, this entire city, it rose from the deep of the ocean when danger was imminent. Why would they design a personal shield that could kill you?

BECKETT
I certainly hope you're right, for Rodney's sake.

INT—ATLANTIS CONTROL ROOM

[Senior staff stand around Grodin's station as he demonstrates inputting a password. Teyla is not present.]

GRODIN
The self-destruct system requires two separate codes. Now, each code is unique, and everyone here will be required to memorize their code.

MCKAY
Well, don't bother giving me one.

[Grodin gives McKay a look.]

MCKAY
Sorry.

WEIR
As far as we know, this is the only Stargate in the Pegasus Galaxy which is capable of dialing Earth… which would make it the last line of defense against the Wraith. If they're going to attack, which we must consider a very real threat, we simply cannot let them gain control of this complex.

GRODIN
If both codes are properly entered, the naquadah generator will overload. It will take thirty seconds.

FORD
You're sure it will do enough damage?

MCKAY
Ever seen a twenty kiloton nuclear explosion?

SHEPPARD
I have.

[Everyone stares at Sheppard.]

SHEPPARD
(dismissively)
Not up close.



- posted by H.V.O.M - Kerry Wayne Burgess 3:11 PM Pacific Time Seattle USA Thursday 21 February 2013