Friday, February 22, 2013

"Now let me get this straight. Something you can transplant?"




http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/surrogate

Dictionary.com


surrogate


a surrogate mother.










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: From: Kerry Burgess
Sent: Saturday, December 08, 2012 10:20 PM
To: 'Kerry Burgess'
Subject: "Now let me get this straight. Something you can transplant?"

http://www.chakoteya.net/movies/movie2.html

Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan


SAAVIK: Admiral?

KIRK: As your teacher Mister Spock is fond of saying, 'I like to think there always are ...possibilities.'

(Saavik leaves)

KIRK: I did what you wanted. ...I stayed away. ...Why didn't you tell me?

CAROL: How can you ask me that? Were we together? Were we going to be? You had your world and I had mine. And I wanted him in mine, not chasing through the universe with his father. ... Actually, he's a lot like you. In many ways. Please tell me what you're feeling.

KIRK: There's a man out there I haven't seen in fifteen years who's trying to kill me. You show me a son that'd be happy to help him. My son. ...My life that could have been, ...and wasn't. And what am I feeling? ...Old. ...Worn out.

CAROL: Let me show you something ...that'll make you feel young as when the world was new.










from 6/4/1982 to 1/21/1999 is 6075 days

from 11/2/1965 to 6/21/1982 is 6075 days





http://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/ws/index.php?pid=57666

The American Presidency Project

William J. Clinton

XLII President of the United States: 1993-2001

Remarks on the Initiative To Provide a Qualified Teacher in Every Classroom

January 21, 1999










http://www.chakoteya.net/movies/movie2.html

Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan


[Kirk's quarters]

KIRK: Come.

DAVID: I don't mean to intrude.

KIRK: No, not at all. ...I should be on the bridge.

DAVID: Can I talk to you for a minute?

KIRK: I've poured myself a drink. Would you like it?

DAVID: Lieutenant Saavik was right. You never have faced a death.

KIRK: No, not like this. I haven't faced death. I've cheated death. I tricked my way out of death ...and patted myself on the back for my ingenuity. ...I know nothing.

DAVID: You knew enough to tell Saavik that how we face death is at least as important as how we face life.

KIRK: Just words.

DAVID: But good words. That's where ideas begin. Maybe you should listen to them. I was wrong about you and I'm sorry.

KIRK: Is that what you came here to say?

DAVID: Mainly. ...And also that I'm ...proud, ...very proud ...to be your son.

Captain's log, stardate 8141.6. Starship Enterprise departing for Ceti Alpha Five to pick up the crew of the U.S.S. Reliant. All is well. And yet I can't help wondering about the friend I leave behind. 'There are always possibilities'

Spock said. And if Genesis is indeed 'Life from death', I must return to this place again.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 08 December 2012 excerpt ends]



- posted by H.V.O.M - Kerry Wayne Burgess 04:51 AM Pacific Time Seattle USA Friday 22 February 2013