Thursday, February 21, 2013

Ha! You see? How did I know that? How did I have that knowledge unaware? "Long time since"




http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0709233/releaseinfo

IMDb


Release dates for

"Stargate: Atlantis"

Hide and Seek (2004)

Country Date

USA 23 July 2004

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0709233/

IMDb


Stargate: Atlantis: Season 1, Episode 2

Hide and Seek (23 Jul. 2004)


Rodney can't get rid of a device that makes him invincible, disabling him to drink or eat.


Release Date: 23 July 2004 (USA)










http://stargate-wiki.org/wiki/Transcript:Hide_and_Seek


STARGATE WIKI


Transcript:Hide and Seek


INT—ATLANTIS INFIRMARY

[Beckett wraps Grodin's injured hand.]

GRODIN
I'm thinking "Mr. Invincible."

BECKETT
"Captain Untouchable."

GRODIN
Ooh, that's good.

[They laugh. McKay scowls at them from nearby.]

MCKAY
Are you guys done?

BECKETT
I've been working on this gene therapy for months. Forgive me for wanting to celebrate the fact that it worked on the first human trial.

[McKay rolls his eyes and waves his hands.]

MCKAY
(sarcastically)
Oh, let's all have a toast.

[Beckett's and Grodin's expressions change from amused to concerned as they both turn to McKay.]

BECKETT
Um…

GRODIN
Just a thought here, but have you tried eating or drinking anything since you put that on?

[McKay looks horrified. He pours a cup of coffee and tries to drink it. It spills down the shield before getting anywhere near his mouth. He pours the rest down himself.]

MCKAY
That's great.

BECKETT
This may be more serious than I suspected.

MCKAY
Well, thank you. I'm hungry already. What am I going to do? If I don't get this stupid thing off, I'll be dead by the end of the day.

BECKETT
Relax, you can live three or four days without water.

MCKAY
Yeah, I'm talking about food.










http://stargate-wiki.org/wiki/Transcript:Hide_and_Seek


STARGATE WIKI


Transcript:Hide and Seek


INT—ATLANTIS INFIRMARY

[Beckett works on some lab equipment. Weir enters.]

WEIR
Carson.

BECKETT
Doctor Weir.

WEIR
So Grodin's got a team going through the Ancient research material that accompanied the shield device, but McKay's been through it, and he didn't find anything helpful, and he is "the smartest guy here".

BECKETT
So he likes to tell us. Listen, I feel terrible. It's possible this was a result of artificially imposing the gene.

WEIR
Well, I have another theory. We know that there is a mental component to using Ancient technology.

BECKETT
You don't have to remind me. I experienced it firsthand with that drone weapon back on Earth.

WEIR
Exactly, so don't you think it stands to reason that McKay should be able to shut this thing off with his mind?

BECKETT
Are you suggesting he doesn't want to shut it off?

WEIR
We may be settling in here, but this place — it's still pretty intimidating. I mean, a giant abandoned city full of things way beyond our level of understanding, impending threat of attack from the Wraith…

BECKETT
No question, it gets bloody creepy here at night.

WEIR
So I'm not saying it's conscious, but perhaps subconsciously…

[She shrugs.]

BECKETT
I don't think he wants to die of dehydration.

WEIR
No, neither do I, but he's not there yet.

BECKETT
You think when it comes down to it, the shield will just shut itself down?

WEIR
The Ancients were smart enough to build fail-safes into their other technology. I mean, this entire city, it rose from the deep of the ocean when danger was imminent. Why would they design a personal shield that could kill you?



- posted by H.V.O.M - Kerry Wayne Burgess 2:50 PM Pacific Time Seattle USA Thursday 21 February 2013