Monday, March 02, 2015

"The Royal Hunt of the Sun"




http://www.cnn.com/2004/ALLPOLITICS/09/13/bush.professor/

CNN


Professor says Bush revealed National Guard favoritism

From Phil Hirschkorn

CNN

Monday, September 13, 2004 Posted: 6:53 PM EDT (2253 GMT)

NEW YORK (CNN) -- A business school professor who taught George W. Bush at Harvard University in the early 1970s says the future president told him that family friends had pulled strings to get him into the Texas Air National Guard.

Yoshi Tsurumi, in his first on-camera interview on the subject, told CNN that Bush confided in him during an after-class hallway conversation during the 1973-74 school year.

"He admitted to me that to avoid the Vietnam draft, he had his dad -- he said 'Dad's friends' -- skip him through the long waiting list to get him into the Texas National Guard," Tsurumi said. "He thought that was a smart thing to do."










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: Monday, September 12, 2005

Sanity was statistical

[ Excerpt: George Orwell "Nineteen Eighty-Four" ] He had capitulated, that was agreed. In reality, as he saw now, he had been ready to capitulate long before he had taken the decision. From the moment when he was inside the Ministry of Love -- and yes, even during those minutes when he and Julia had stood helpless while the iron voice from the telescreen told them what to do -- he had grasped the frivolity, the shallowness of his attempt to set himself up against the power of the Party. He knew now that for seven years the Thought police had watched him like a beetle under a magnifying glass. There was no physical act, no word spoken aloud, that they had not noticed, no train of thought that they had not been able to infer. Even the speck of whitish dust on the cover of his diary they had carefully replaced. They had played sound-tracks to him, shown him photographs. Some of them were photographs of Julia and himself. Yes, even ... He could not fight against the Party any longer. Besides, the Party was in the right. It must be so; how could the immortal, collective brain be mistaken? By what external standard could you check its judgements? Sanity was statistical. It was merely a question of learning to think as they thought. Only! [ Excerpt: George Orwell "Nineteen Eighty-Four" ]

There is a part in that excerpt from 1984 that really hits close to home. It is the part "Sanity was statistical." I heard that very same thing when I was in the VA. Fortunately, it wasn't from a doctor though. What I heard someone say, when I was reasserting my belief that all this is indeed a conspiracy, was that they are treating me on the probability that what I am saying is not true. So that also reinforced my theory that if you are in the mental health system, is it assumed mental health problems are causing your problems as opposed to external environmental factors causing the problems. However, I did see indications they were listening to me and that they thought what I was saying made sense. I have no complaints about my treatment at the VA.

But as I have learned from this infuriating chapter of my life, there are problems that produce mental health issues and there are mental health issues that produce problems.

If they treated 100 people for the problems I am describing, it is probable that 99 of them would be delusional. But my argument has been that I am that one person that is not delusional. Sure, I am feeling paranoid, but it is a healthy paranoia. It is a normal reaction to a threat in my environment. How many more years am I going to have to live thinking no one understands?

[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 12 September 2005 excerpt ends]










http://www.gateworld.net/atlantis/s3/transcripts/306.shtml

GateWorld


STARGATE: ATLANTIS

THE REAL WORLD

EPISODE NUMBER - 306

DVD DISC - Season 3, Disc 2

ORIGINAL U.S. AIR DATE - 08.18.06


GROUP THERAPY ROOM. Elizabeth and Fletcher and five other patients are sitting in a circle. Elizabeth looks bored. Fletcher addresses an elderly lady who, when she speaks, has an English accent.

FLETCHER: Have you gone out to the garden today?

ENID: No. I was going to, but they're out there, so I decided it would be better to wait.

FLETCHER: The others?

ENID: Yes. Four of them.

FLETCHER: Did they see you?

ENID: Of course. They were waiting for me. (She smiles around the circle.)

FLETCHER: Did you speak to them?

ENID: Yes. I told them what you told me to say: that my blood isn't theirs for the taking.










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0064907/releaseinfo

IMDb


The Royal Hunt of the Sun (1969)

Release Info

USA 6 October 1969 (New York City, New York)










http://www.gateworld.net/atlantis/s3/transcripts/306.shtml

GateWorld


STARGATE: ATLANTIS

THE REAL WORLD

EPISODE NUMBER - 306

DVD DISC - Season 3, Disc 2

ORIGINAL U.S. AIR DATE - 08.18.06


O'NEILL: Now, this Stargate programme I'm supposed to have run ...

WEIR: It's a facility inside Cheyenne Mountain, Colorado.

O'NEILL: That would be NORAD.

WEIR (leaning forward): It's underneath NORAD, yes.

O'NEILL: And the Stargate?

WEIR: It's a portal that allows intergalactic travel. The programme has been in operation over ten years. You started the whole thing










http://www.gateworld.net/atlantis/s3/transcripts/306.shtml

GateWorld


STARGATE: ATLANTIS

THE REAL WORLD

EPISODE NUMBER - 306

DVD DISC - Season 3, Disc 2

ORIGINAL U.S. AIR DATE - 08.18.06


ENID: I told them what you told me to say: that my blood isn't theirs for the taking.

FLETCHER (smiling at her): Good for you, Enid. That was very brave.

(Enid smiles in delight. Elizabeth sits up in her chair, taking notice for the first time.)

WEIR (to Enid): Excuse me. What others?

ENID: The invaders, dear, from one of the moons of Saturn. They're cold-blooded, you see, so they need our warm blood for theirs. You have to be very careful.

(Elizabeth smiles at her politely.)

ENID: Doctor Fletcher doesn't think they're real, but I know the truth.










From 9/14/2002 ( at Overlake hospital in Bellevue Washington State the announced birth of Phoebe Gates the daughter of Microsoft Bill Gates the transvestite and Microsoft Bill Gates the 100% female gender as born and Microsoft Bill Gates the Soviet Union prostitute ) To 8/18/2006 is 1434 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official Deputy United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 10/6/1969 ( premiere US film "The Royal Hunt of the Sun" ) is 1434 days



From 9/14/2002 ( at Overlake hospital in Bellevue Washington State the announced birth of Phoebe Gates the daughter of Microsoft Bill Gates the transvestite and Microsoft Bill Gates the 100% female gender as born and Microsoft Bill Gates the Soviet Union prostitute ) To 8/18/2006 is 1434 days

1434 = 717 + 717

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official Deputy United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 10/20/1967 ( premiere US TV series episode "Star Trek"::"The Doomsday Machine" ) is 717 days



From 6/7/1976 ( my biological brother Thomas Reagan the civilian and privately financed astronaut in deep space of the solar system in his privately financed nuclear-pulse propulsion spaceship this day was his first landing the Saturn moon Phoebe and the Saturn moon Phoebe territory belongs to my brother Thomas Reagan ) To 8/18/2006 ( premiere US TV series episode "Stargate Atlantis"::"The Real World" ) is 11029 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official Deputy United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 1/13/1996 ( premiere US TV series episode "ABC Evening News"::"Bosnia 101: Who Lives There? Who Died There? Why Are We There?" ) is 11029 days



From 7/16/1963 ( Phoebe Cates the Harvard University graduate medical doctor and the world-famous actress and the wife of my biological brother Thomas Reagan ) To 4/30/2004 ( premiere US TV series episode "Reba"::"Happy Pills" ) is 14899 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official Deputy United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 8/18/2006 ( premiere US TV series episode "Stargate Atlantis"::"The Real World" ) is 14899 days



From 3/16/1991 ( my first successful major test of my ultraspace matter transportation device as Kerry Wayne Burgess the successful Ph.D. graduate Columbia South Carolina ) To 8/18/2006 ( premiere US TV series episode "Stargate Atlantis"::"The Real World" ) is 5634 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official Deputy United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 4/6/1981 ( premiere US TV series "Private Benjamin" ) is 5634 days



From 3/16/1991 ( my first successful major test of my ultraspace matter transportation device as Kerry Wayne Burgess the successful Ph.D. graduate Columbia South Carolina ) To 8/18/2006 ( premiere US TV series episode "Stargate Atlantis"::"The Real World" ) is 5634 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official Deputy United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 4/6/1981 ( premiere US TV series "The Two of Us" ) is 5634 days



From 11/24/1955 ( premiere US film "Hook a Crook" ) To 8/18/2006 ( premiere US TV series episode "Stargate Atlantis"::"The Real World" ) is 18530 days

18530 = 9265 + 9265

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official Deputy United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 3/16/1991 ( my first successful major test of my ultraspace matter transportation device as Kerry Wayne Burgess the successful Ph.D. graduate Columbia South Carolina ) is 9265 days



From 3/16/1991 ( my first successful major test of my ultraspace matter transportation device as Kerry Wayne Burgess the successful Ph.D. graduate Columbia South Carolina ) To 8/18/2006 ( premiere US TV series episode "Stargate Atlantis"::"The Real World" ) is 5634 days

5634 = 2817 + 2817

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official Deputy United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 7/20/1973 ( premiere US film "Dillinger" ) is 2817 days



From 4/5/1952 ( premiere US TV series "Sky King" ) To 1/19/1993 ( in Asheville North Carolina as Deputy United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess I was seriously wounded by gunfire when I returned fatal gunfire to a fugitive from United States federal justice who was another criminal sent by Bill Gates-Nazi-Microsoft-George Bush the cowardly violent criminal in another attempt to kill me the known official Deputy United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) is 14899 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official Deputy United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 8/18/2006 ( premiere US TV series episode "Stargate Atlantis"::"The Real World" ) is 14899 days



From 3/6/1954 ( premiere US film "The Lonely Night" ) To 12/20/1994 ( in Bosnia as Kerry Wayne Burgess the United States Marine Corps captain this day is my United States Navy Cross medal date of record ) is 14899 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official Deputy United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 8/18/2006 ( premiere US TV series episode "Stargate Atlantis"::"The Real World" ) is 14899 days



From 3/19/1956 ( premiere US film "Touch and Go" ) To 8/18/2006 is 18414 days

18414 = 9207 + 9207

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official Deputy United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 1/17/1991 ( the date of record of my United States Navy Medal of Honor as Kerry Wayne Burgess chief warrant officer United States Marine Corps circa 1991 also known as Matthew Kline for official duty and also known as Wayne Newman for official duty ) is 9207 days



From 3/19/1956 ( premiere US film "Touch and Go" ) To 8/18/2006 is 18414 days

18414 = 9207 + 9207

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official Deputy United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 1/17/1991 ( RACKETEER INFLUENCED AND CORRUPT ORGANIZATIONS US Title 18 - the Persian Gulf War begins as scheduled severe criminal activity against the United States of America ) is 9207 days



From 12/25/1971 ( George Walker Bush the purveyor of illegal drugs strictly for his personal profit including the trafficking of massive amounts of cocaine into the United States confined to federal prison in Mexico for illegally smuggling narcotics in Mexico ) To 8/18/2006 is 12655 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official Deputy United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 6/26/2000 ( premiere US film "The Perfect Storm" ) is 12655 days



[ See also: http://hvom.blogspot.com/2015/03/well-that-explains-lot.html ]
[ See also: http://hvom.blogspot.com/2015/03/the-royal-hunt-of-sun.html ]


http://www.tv.com/shows/stargate-atlantis/the-real-world-634341/

tv.com


Stargate Atlantis Season 3 Episode 6

The Real World

Aired Friday 10:00 PM Aug 18, 2006 on Syfy

Dr. Weir awakes in a sanitarium outside Washington, D.C., and is told that Atlantis and the Stargate program exist only in her mind.

AIRED: 8/18/06










http://www.tv.com/shows/private-benjamin/benjamin-to-the-rescue-99056/

tv.com


Private Benjamin Season 1 Episode 1

Benjamin to the Rescue

Aired Monday 8:00 PM Apr 06, 1981 on CBS

Fearing Pvt. Benjamin will make the troops look bad during General Thrustmore's visit, Capt. Lewis tries unsuccessfully to keep her out of sight

AIRED: 4/6/81










http://www.gateworld.net/atlantis/s3/transcripts/306.shtml

GateWorld


STARGATE: ATLANTIS

THE REAL WORLD

EPISODE NUMBER - 306

DVD DISC - Season 3, Disc 2

ORIGINAL U.S. AIR DATE - 08.18.06


WEIR: The last thing I remember, I was in Atlantis and everything was fine, and next thing I know, I wake up here.

O'NEILL (awkwardly): Everything was ... fine in ... Atlantis?

(Elizabeth doesn't notice his hesitation.)

WEIR: The problem is my memory. I have no memory of coming back. I don't know if I came through the Stargate, or aboard the Daedalus, or ... (She trails off, finally noticing the look of confusion on his face.) What?

(Jack shakes his head.)

O'NEILL: Oh, um ... Doctor Weir, I'm not quite sure I'm qualified to be in this conversation.

WEIR: Oh, please. You ran Stargate Command. You are probably the most qualified person on this planet.

O'NEILL (dubiously): Yeah ... OK.










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0048740/releaseinfo

IMDb


Touch and Go (1955)

Release Info

USA 19 March 1956 (New York City, New York)










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0048740/taglines

IMDb


Touch and Go (1955)

Taglines


Meet the most courageous man of the year!










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0177971/releaseinfo

IMDb


The Perfect Storm (2000)

Release Info

USA 26 June 2000 (premiere)










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0177971/quotes

IMDb


The Perfect Storm (2000)

Quotes


Linda Greenlaw: [warning Billy over the radio] Billy? Get outta there! Come about! Let it- let it carry you out of there! What the hell are you doing? Billy! For Christ sake! You're steaming into a bomb! Turn around for Christ sake! Billy, can ya hear me? You're headed right for the middle of the monster! Billy?...

[starts crying]










http://www.gateworld.net/atlantis/s3/transcripts/306.shtml

GateWorld


STARGATE: ATLANTIS

THE REAL WORLD

EPISODE NUMBER - 306

DVD DISC - Season 3, Disc 2

ORIGINAL U.S. AIR DATE - 08.18.06


REC ROOM. Elizabeth is typing on the computer. She calls up a news item with the headline, “Georgetown doctor killed in accident.” Underneath the heading is a photograph of firefighters working round an open-topped sports car lying on its side.

NURSE: Doctor Weir?

(Elizabeth looks up at a female nurse who is holding out a small plastic cup with some pills in it.)

NURSE: Your medications.

(Elizabeth takes the cup.)

WEIR: Thanks.

(The nurse moves on. Elizabeth watches her go, then looks at the cup thoughtfully.)










http://www.gateworld.net/atlantis/s3/transcripts/306.shtml

GateWorld


STARGATE: ATLANTIS

THE REAL WORLD

EPISODE NUMBER - 306

DVD DISC - Season 3, Disc 2

ORIGINAL U.S. AIR DATE - 08.18.06


NEXT DAY. Elizabeth, holding a cup of pills in one hand and a larger paper cup in the other, walks over to a water dispenser, leans down and pours some water into the larger cup. Straightening up, she looks at the pills for a moment, then tosses them into her mouth and drinks some water to help her swallow them.

HOSPITAL GROUNDS. Elizabeth is sitting on the park bench as Doctor Fletcher walks over. She smiles up at him.

WEIR: Hello.

FLETCHER: Hi.

(He gestures to the bench, silently asking if he can sit down.)

WEIR: Oh. (She indicates that he should sit.) Please.

(Fletcher sits down beside her.)

WEIR: Will I ever remember the accident?

FLETCHER: I don't know. Often in cases like this, the memory of the trauma never returns. Maybe it's the mind protecting itself.

WEIR: I suppose that's a good thing, really. I mean, there's pain enough, even without remembering it.

(She looks away, lost in thought for a moment, then looks back at Fletcher to see that he is smiling at her.)

WEIR: What?

FLETCHER: It's just you're doing great. I'm impressed. You're sleeping well?

WEIR: Yes. I'm sleeping better than I can remember.

FLETCHER: Good. I think you're ready.

WEIR: Ready?










http://www.gateworld.net/atlantis/s3/transcripts/306.shtml

GateWorld


STARGATE: ATLANTIS

THE REAL WORLD

EPISODE NUMBER - 306

DVD DISC - Season 3, Disc 2

ORIGINAL U.S. AIR DATE - 08.18.06


WEIR: So you're saying when Simon died, my mind shut down and went to another galaxy?

FLETCHER: It travelled as far as it could to escape the pain.

WEIR: And in a matter of three days, I managed to live out an entire two years of my life?

FLETCHER: Time is relative in the dream state. People live out entire lifetimes in the blink of an eye. Imagine you were in my position, listening to your story. Travelling to another galaxy through a Stargate, leading an expedition to the lost city of Atlantis ... would you believe it?










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: From: Kerry Burgess

Sent: Thursday, February 07, 2013 5:19 PM


I had been aware for a long time of the "Stargate: Atlantis" television series but I had never, until this past hour, given some serious thought about the plot elements that form the drama of that television series. I have never before watched any episode from that television series.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 07 February 2013 excerpt ends]





JOURNAL ARCHIVE: From: Kerry Burgess

Sent: Sunday, February 17, 2013 10:36 AM

To:


Paused now about the 00:04:40 point of the DVD, where I know from reading earlier the transcript that the helicopter I see on the screen is going to come under fire from the “Atlantis” weapon THING, I know for certain I have never watched before the severe racketeering production the 2004 television series “Stargate: Atlantis.”

This morning I am now for the first time watching the DVD for the premiere episode of the television series “Stargate: Atlantis.” The images I have seen before, as I write this before beginning to watch the episode, suggest I was aware of the television series at some point when it was actively advertised in mainstream media and that I was not interested in watching that television series


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 17 February 2013 excerpt ends]










http://www.gateworld.net/atlantis/s3/transcripts/306.shtml

GateWorld


STARGATE: ATLANTIS

THE REAL WORLD

EPISODE NUMBER - 306

DVD DISC - Season 3, Disc 2

ORIGINAL U.S. AIR DATE - 08.18.06


FLETCHER: Not if you won't let them. You leave me no other choice.

(The orderlies seize her arms.)

WEIR: No -- what are you doing?

SHORTLY AFTERWARDS. The orderlies throw Elizabeth down on a gurney and strap her arms to the sides.

WEIR: No!

(The orderlies step away as Fletcher walks over and looks down at her.)

WEIR (pleading): Don't do this.

(Fletcher picks up two leads and a nurse walks over and squeezes gel onto them. Electricity whines into the leads. He looks down at Elizabeth.)

FLETCHER: This will hurt.










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: August 18, 2006


I started trying to remember anything that could represent being on Mars. My first thought was of the Painted Desert. I forget which southwestern state that is located in. My mom mentioned it when the three of us were traveling in her VW "bug" from California back to Oklahoma. Then I remembered something about school in De Queen.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 18 August 2006 excerpt ends]










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: August 18, 2006


Also, "James" was the name of Fletcher Burgess's youngest son, who was my uncle.




If I did go to Mars in 1976, this guy was probably the guy who got me there.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_C._Fletcher


During his first administration at NASA, Fletcher was responsible for beginning the Space Shuttle effort, as well as the Viking program that sent landers to Mars.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 18 August 2006 excerpt ends]










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: August 18, 2006


And to top it all off, I got these morons hassling me in this lousy homeless shelters about interacting more with the other stinking morons. All I can guess is some people just need to feel accepted or recognized by me. It is freaking idiocy. When did this become an un-free country? Where does it say that I have to interact with people I don't want to interact with? It is freaking lunacy. I sure as hell do not want to be in a stinking homeless shelter so why the hell do they think I want to interact with them? Maybe if they put that effort into getting their pathetic lives straightened out they wouldn't be losers in a homeless shelter. Worthless morons. It's not bad enough I got all those stinking morons in D.C. hassling me, but I have to put up with this bullshit every goddamned where I go.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 18 August 2006 excerpt ends]



- posted by H.V.O.M - Kerry Wayne Burgess 2:31 PM Pacific Time Spokane Valley Washington USA Monday 02 March 2015