Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Those zany Borg-arazzi. So predictable.

This was 59 days before my wife's birthday and they probably put that part in there about "Marge" crying because my wife misses me and they wanted me to know. That really pisses me off she has had to wait for me all these years to complete this deployment to investigate the terrorists in control of Microsoft Corporation and their accomplices, such as George W. Bush.

From 5/18/2003 to 7/16/2003 is: 59 days

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bart_of_War

Bart of War is an episode of the fourteenth season of The Simpsons that aired on May 18, 2003.



Now this was a very interesting episode. I just watched it this evening for the first time. I was still in that Pioneer Square gulag homeless shelter, otherwise I probably would have seen it when it premiered. What is especially interesting is that 5/9/2006 when I began to unload my artificial identity. It is as though someone turns a key in my mind on a lot of this stuff and I have no idea how it happens but I don't really question the "how" very much. All I know is that I want to remember my real life and get back home to that incredible person that is my wife.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Regarding_Margie

“Regarding Margie” is the 20th episode of The Simpsons’ seventeenth season. It originally aired on May 7, 2006.

Looking for a way to get easy money, Bart, Milhouse, and Nelson go around town spray-painting people’s addresses on their curbs and making them pay them ten dollars for the unsolicited service. It turns out to be a success after all, but after they already add the “7” and the “4” to the Simpsons’ curb, Homer tells them that he won’t pay, so they leave without finishing. The next day, the letter carrier delivers them someone else’s mail, thinking that their address is 74 Evergreen Terrace. Homer continues to accept the mail. He gets steaks from Omaha, and even accepts a wedding invitation to Scott Weingarten’s cousin’s wedding. One day, Marge gets a letter claiming that she has won a contest from a magazine she doesn’t even subscribe to. Her prize is that a maid will clean the house for a day while she relaxes. Not wanting to look bad, Marge cleans the house until it’s entirely spotless. That is, except for a small stain on the kitchen floor. She combines all of her different cleaners together, but the fumes make her woozy. She falls and hits her head on a stool. When she wakes up in the hospital, it is revealed that she has amnesia and can’t even remember her own family.

After the insurance coverage runs out, the family returns home, with Marge still having amnesia. The home environment quickly jogs her memory of her children, and she also recognizes Ned Flanders when he appears at the window, but Homer is still a stranger to her.

Homer tries to get her to remember him, but to no avail. He then decides to try to make her fall in love with him again, but he only makes her disgusted in him, saying that the greatest thing that’s ever happened to her was forgetting about him. She kicks him out of the house. Patty and Selma excitedly take Marge to a speed dating event, and she meets a man who shares her interests. But when Marge tells him that she has amnesia and three kids, he leaves her. Homer catches up with him and scolds her for leaving him, saying that she is the most beautiful and kind woman he’ll ever meet. Still, he leaves. Marge then tells Homer that even though she may not remember him, he knows the most wonderful things about her. As they drive back home, Homer brings up beer, and she suddenly remembers him. The episode ends with Homer driving (drunk, apparently) into the sunset. During the credits, Homer is asking Marge if she knows any of the people listed.


There was the part about Danny Elfman.

How did I ever find such a great wife?



JOURNAL ARCHIVE: Sleep journal 5/13/06

In an office, my boss's boss, was telling me that I had made history today. She said something about me proving how a single person can make a difference. She handed me some stuff including a chain that you use for dog tags. I was looking at it and there was something about it being too long, or needing to have some links taken out of it. I don't recognize me boss's boss, but my boss was familar. The senior person told me that my boss appreciate's people that are passionate about their work, after I was commenting on how much I enjoy my work.

I have also been thinking today again about the distinction between free will and mind control. The exhausting part about all this, as really with any kind of direction, is from rejecting the advice I don't want to follow. That is the stuff I don't remember, the advice or direction I didn't want to follow.



JOURNAL ARCHIVE: Re: Star Trek: TNG: Emergence, May 22, 1994

Sun, 5/14/06 10:46 AM

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emergence_%28TNG_episode%29

Commander Data is again working on his acting, portraying Prospero from Shakespeare's play "The Tempest" on the holodeck.


http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prospero

Prospero is the protagonist in The Tempest, a play by William Shakespeare.He was the rightful Duke of Milan who (with his daughter, Miranda) was sent off on a boat to die by his usurping brother Antonio so that he could become duke. As Milan is a landlocked city, it is not clear how Antonio did this. Prospero and Miranda survived on the boat and found exile on a small island. He had learned sorcery and while on the island he uses it to control the other characters. On the island, he became the master of Caliban and Ariel.

By chance, Antonio sails near this island and Prospero conjures the eponymous storm that forces him (and others) ashore.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Tempest_%28play%29

The Tempest is traditionally considered to be William Shakespeare's last play. Its first known performance was on November 1, 1611 at Whitehall Palace in London.



JOURNAL ARCHIVE: Safe House, Jan. 24, 1999

Tue, 5/16/06 10:09 AM

[I remember watching this movie, but I don't remember a lot about it.]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Safe_House

Directed by Eric Steven Stahl, Safe House was a made for TV movie premiered in the UK in late 1998 on Channel 5 and in the US on Showtime on 24th January 1999

Patrick Stewart stared as Mace Sowell, an ex-DIA (Defence Intelligence Agency) agent who believes his life is in danger from his former boss who is now running for President of the United States.

Sowell has information about the underhand dealings of his erstwhile boss at the DIA which would ruin his Presidential campaign if it ever was released into the public domain.

To complicate the issue, Sowell is in the early stages of Alzheimer's disease and has difficulty in convincing people his information is not paranoia as a result of his condition. Sowell retreats to the safety of his barricaded home, kitted out with a variety of defence and security devices to try and escape those he thinks are out to harm him.



JOURNAL ARCHIVE: Re: I don't know if I am winning or losing an effort by the Borg to assimilate my mind.

Tue, 5/16/06 5:55 PM

I don't know if I am winning or losing an effort by the Borg to assimilate my mind. I have this sense of dread I can't explain. But there is something........I can't put my finger on it, something, something, something, what is it? I had the strongest feeling this morning that I don't know who I am. Then it just clicked back. It just turned off. I think it was something someone on tv said while they were listening to me. I find myself thinking about that part in that 1998 Star Trek movie where Data realizes he is missing some memory chips. And I heard someone just the other day saying something similar. I keep my headphones on to block out stuff like that, but......what am I missing? What other clues are there that I've missed? Are people telling me this all to help? Do I need help? All I know is I need to get the hell out of here. Goddamn it, when do I get out of HERE!!!!!!

And what memories are real and what memories are manipulated? Did I ever live in a town named Greenville and work repairing cash machines? Did I ever live in a place named Lincoln on the Green? What a clever way to express the concept of "follow the money." And what about Central and Greer? And did I live next to that road named Royal Point before that ST:TNG episode where Troi was talking about dreams being the "royal road"? Is any of this true?